• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The SwissArmySuit™: a sartorial strip tease

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
A reversible sportcoat already exists courtesy of Cantarelli, so it could be that....

You'll note that the shoulders, and the entire jacket for that matter, is unconstructed. And the buttoning of the coat on the right is marsupialed. I doubt vox would settle for that.

Also, if it's a two-button "on the other side," how do you get around the problem of having a button hole with no matching button on the side we've been shown? Does it just hide in plain sight?

Still, I do note that the lapel buttonhole is just a **** - not a keyhole. Wondering if that's a hint of some sort.

If this does reverse, I imagine it's not just a straight reversal, e.g. you don't just turn the jacket inside out. You probably have to unzip it at the back of the inner lining or something, and pull the whole thing through. I dunno. I'm confused.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That jacket doesn't look soft enough to be reversible - I think you guys are all wasting your time. I think the button is changeable and that there's s second pair of trousers.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has this been crossposted on any of the 007 fora? I'm sure this is what we'll see Bond wearing in the next film.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
1eapg8.jpg

These guys stole iammatt's pants...

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
If this does reverse, I imagine it's not just a straight reversal, e.g. you don't just turn the jacket inside out. You probably have to unzip it at the back of the inner lining or something, and pull the whole thing through. I dunno. I'm confused.

Exactly. Its made by Steed ... no cheap tricks I'd guess.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To have the kind of casual versatility Vox claims, grey won't do. But as much as I want to believe the jacket is reversible, I can't seem to wrap my mind around the thought. The different-number-of-buttons issue can be easily solved: the jacket may just have two seperate facings for each set of buttonholes so that, from one side, you can't see the buttonholes on the other.

What confuses me is how the lapel acould possibly crease and fold in the opposite direction without re-ironing. I suppose you could two collars on both sides, but the lapel roll would still be the wrong way.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the lapels are detachable and there is an extra set of grosgrain facings for impromptu black tie affairs.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I think the lapels are detachable and there is an extra set of grosgrain facings for impromptu black tie affairs.

But what about the fact that the fabric is grey? Even with silk facings, would that be wearable as a dinner suit?

Sebastian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
But what about the fact that the fabric is grey? Even with silk facings, would that be wearable as a dinner suit?

The fabric is navy, as mentioned in the original post....
teacha.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sebastian
The fabric is navy, as mentioned in the original post....
teacha.gif

Oh is it? Then I stand corrected.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
The different-number-of-buttons issue can be easily solved: the jacket may just have two seperate facings for each set of buttonholes so that, from one side, you can't see the buttonholes on the other.

I don't understand this. What do you mean exactly? Not trying to be snarky, just trying to understand.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I don't understand this. What do you mean exactly? Not trying to be snarky, just trying to understand.

It's like a quad-layered-buttonhole surprise just waiting to give us all raging boners tomorrow.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he means that the stitching for the buttons would only go through one layer of the hypothetically reversible jacket instead of both.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You're right, it doesn't make sense if the button shows through. I forgot about that.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the buttons are going to be replacable like cufflinks. He could have little 2 way screw posts mounted in the jacket.

....and it's made of shamwow's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads