1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The SwissArmySuit™: a sartorial strip tease

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Mar 31, 2009.

1. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Well-Known Member

How much is Vox enjoying this thread right now?

2. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

Do I win your suit if I am right?

3. Philosoph

Philosoph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    By bhowie at 2009-03-31

I saw that too, but wasn't sure if was more than a shadow. Patch pockets on the other side?

How much is Vox enjoying this thread right now?

[​IMG]

4. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

I saw that too, but wasn't sure if was more than a shadow. Patch pockets on the other side?

If you look at the other full length you can see the same thing.

5. Philosoph

Maybe it's 2B on the reverse side, hence the high lapel roll.

6. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

A reversible sportcoat already exists courtesy of Cantarelli, so it could be that....

You'll note that the shoulders, and the entire jacket for that matter, is unconstructed. And the buttoning of the coat on the right is retarded. I doubt vox would settle for that.

Also, if it's a two-button "on the other side," how do you get around the problem of having a button hole with no matching button on the side we've been shown? Does it just hide in plain sight?

Still, I do note that the lapel buttonhole is just a slit - not a keyhole. Wondering if that's a hint of some sort.

If this does reverse, I imagine it's not just a straight reversal, e.g. you don't just turn the jacket inside out. You probably have to unzip it at the back of the inner lining or something, and pull the whole thing through. I dunno. I'm confused.

7. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

That jacket doesn't look soft enough to be reversible - I think you guys are all wasting your time. I think the button is changeable and that there's s second pair of trousers.

8. Thurston

Thurston Well-Known Member

Has this been crossposted on any of the 007 fora? I'm sure this is what we'll see Bond wearing in the next film.

9. tattersall

tattersall Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These guys stole iammatt's pants...

10. srivats

srivats Well-Known Member

If this does reverse, I imagine it's not just a straight reversal, e.g. you don't just turn the jacket inside out. You probably have to unzip it at the back of the inner lining or something, and pull the whole thing through. I dunno. I'm confused.

Exactly. Its made by Steed ... no cheap tricks I'd guess.

11. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

To have the kind of casual versatility Vox claims, grey won't do. But as much as I want to believe the jacket is reversible, I can't seem to wrap my mind around the thought. The different-number-of-buttons issue can be easily solved: the jacket may just have two seperate facings for each set of buttonholes so that, from one side, you can't see the buttonholes on the other.

What confuses me is how the lapel acould possibly crease and fold in the opposite direction without re-ironing. I suppose you could two collars on both sides, but the lapel roll would still be the wrong way.

12. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

I think the lapels are detachable and there is an extra set of grosgrain facings for impromptu black tie affairs.

13. mafoofan

I think the lapels are detachable and there is an extra set of grosgrain facings for impromptu black tie affairs.

But what about the fact that the fabric is grey? Even with silk facings, would that be wearable as a dinner suit?

14. Sebastian

Sebastian Well-Known Member

But what about the fact that the fabric is grey? Even with silk facings, would that be wearable as a dinner suit?

The fabric is navy, as mentioned in the original post.... [​IMG]

15. mafoofan

The fabric is navy, as mentioned in the original post.... [​IMG]

Oh is it? Then I stand corrected.

16. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

The different-number-of-buttons issue can be easily solved: the jacket may just have two seperate facings for each set of buttonholes so that, from one side, you can't see the buttonholes on the other.

I don't understand this. What do you mean exactly? Not trying to be snarky, just trying to understand.

17. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

I don't understand this. What do you mean exactly? Not trying to be snarky, just trying to understand.

It's like a quad-layered-buttonhole surprise just waiting to give us all raging boners tomorrow.

18. Philosoph

I think he means that the stitching for the buttons would only go through one layer of the hypothetically reversible jacket instead of both.

19. mafoofan

You're right, it doesn't make sense if the button shows through. I forgot about that.

20. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

I think the buttons are going to be replacable like cufflinks. He could have little 2 way screw posts mounted in the jacket.

....and it's made of shamwow's.