1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The SW&D Intellectual Masturbation Station

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, May 14, 2012.

1. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Well-Known Member

If you think the Big H is long-winded, you should try Sloterdijk...

2. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I think he meant that Nietzsche, unlike say Kant or Heidegger, cares very much about style in the literary sense and has a great deal of it.

3. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

fwiw: on truth and lies in a non-moral sense for something that sings. anything Heidegger if you want thoughts as far away from komisch as possible. Stanislaw Lem for another quality sci fi author.

4. thewho13

thewho13 Well-Known Member

Someone suggest me a good book collection filled with modern art and essays. Was just looking at Marcel Duchamp paintings and I really want just, like, a book filled with that shit. But with many artists.

5. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  6. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Well-Known Member

I dont think Heidegger is the worst offender at all. It seems that most who have followed in the Cartesian tradition (including many who supposedly refute it) have to mangle the English language (or French or German) to complete their version of the puzzle which is a "full" account of the nature of the universe or of knowledge (their own "tower"). I find Neitzsche refreshing because, he makes no claim to offering a complete system and he uses language that, while less rigorous, seems to make points with more impact, spontanaiety, and humor.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  7. skrz

skrz Well-Known Member

i think question concerning technology is probably heidegger's most digestible work. age of the world picture is also a really good read. i mean, obviously he has his magnum opus but in all honestly, unless you're a grad student of some sort (and even if then), it's not really worth it (and same goes for hegel)

e.g. https://pervegalit.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/how-to-fake-your-way-through-hegel/

1 person likes this.