1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

+ The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread +

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Parker, Oct 23, 2012.

1. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    8 people like this.
  2. jm22

jm22 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, would appreciate some advice on a blazer purchase. I'm looking for an everyday/staple blazer, preferably in grey (a color I gravitate towards to now, and I'm not big on black blazers), and suitable/comfortable enough for hot and humid 80-90 degree weather, up to $450 in range. I'm in my mid-30s and for streetwear I wear solid pattern button-downs and v-neck tees in neutrals and blues with lightweight jeans or duck canvas chinos (typically in grey, dark blue or beige) and derbies, boots or plain sneaks. My previous main blazer was this one...

[​IMG]
    ...but now looking for something kind of...different. Maybe something with a style and color (not necessarily fabrics) like this:

[​IMG]

Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

3. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

This is pretty sweet. Only in Euro 48/38, but in two color choices--blue heather and khaki heather.

L.B.M. from YOOX

[​IMG]

4. el Bert

That actually is nice...definitely looks like versatile outerwear piece.

5. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Second this..limits you to navy, black and off white imo.

6. Nikos

Nikos Well-Known Member

Well, so far I am failing miserably:
    I bought a Barena from Yoox which I returned because it was too small (although in my usual size L/50).

Today I received an EG Bedford in L. This one I like very much, however, it is too big.

At least I now know what you meant. They are indeed completely different, which I could not realize from the images.

7. zapatiste

zapatiste Well-Known Member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness
    Haider

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Umit AW12 wool

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rei AW06 boiled polyester

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For AD2006, a very rare complete CDGH suit constructed and then boiled to generate a beautiful texture and highlight the weave and construction.

The jacket is a two button closure with a classic notch lapel. The left upper boutonniere buttonhole is present as well and functional. The torso is contoured on the sides and back for a sharp and slim fit. All pockets are fully lined and functional and the waistpockets are double welted.

The jacket is unlined to showcase the details of the fabric and pocket construction on the interior. Single vented.

The pants are zip fly, and close at the waist with a single button. A classic CDGH quirk is that the right seat pocket is buttonless (not even a button hole present) while the left is a functioning button closure. Side slash pockets are fully lined as well.

The pants are straight cut and can be worn rolled up slightly for the cropped/classic CDGH look if desired. Also easy to tailor and slim down if desired.

The wool texture is incredible. On the panels, the texture alternates between an almost felted look and feel and a denser, coarser look and handfeel. The parts that run along seams or follow the seams appear to almost have the wool “worn away” exposing a more structured weave and material beneath it. This is seen along the edges of the pockets, along the torso seams as well as beautifully around the shoulder and arm holes. This is also seen running down each leg reminiscent of a tuxedo stripe in some ways.

The suit was fully constructed and then boiled to give it the final look and feel. The material weight is medium and since it is unlined, doesn’t retain heat and much as if it were to be fully lined. Very much a warm suit and perfect for fall/winter.

6 people like this.
  8. el Bert

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Well-Known Member

A few that have caught my eye.

Lien's first A/W season jacket and pants.

Jacket
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pants
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fit pics of pants:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Love the soft materials, with the slouchy ease and comfort of both pieces. Might get the pair of them.

Shellac
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Shellac piece is currently 50% off. Never handled Shellac before, so not too sure of quality.

1 person likes this.
  10. zapatiste

zapatiste Well-Known Member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness
    Dropcrotch leggings look awkward as do knit cuffs on the undercover. Never got into that marbled one but there was a fellow who used to wear the pants well around these parts.

1 person likes this.
  11. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Well-Known Member

They're not legings, but they may be awkward. Part of the wonder and joy of sarouel pants. [​IMG]

12. ZxRP

ZxRP Member

13. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

^ my go to casual blazer. fabrics usually suck but cut is pretty good. fit is in line with oxfords. e.g. I take a small for both shirts and blazers. thumbs up.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    2 people like this.
  14. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I would go TTS if you are generally slimmer body build, or size up 1 if you are athletic build. The jacket has a nice cut and will fit trim. As a jacket, it will not fit as close to your body like an OCBD.

Also, from not too long ago..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  15. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

I really like this casual look. (I'd change the shoes, but even they don't offend me and are kind of cool.) I particularly like the way the collar-less cardigan wears like a vest with the rounded bottom. Any ideas on where to find a cardigan that would look like this under a blazer?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Hey guys, anyone have any experience with "Michelangelo?" I think that @Parker said that one of his rad overcoats is made by them. Any info on sizing?

17. caseyfud

caseyfud Well-Known Member

Michelangelo is an Isaia diffusion line, but that's all I know.

18. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

hey synth, Michelangelo is (was?) a secondary line to Isaia. I discovered them by browsing Yoox. At some point they had a look book on the main Isaia site. I have a navy blazer which is completely unpadded and unlined and light as a feather. Fit is a little boxy and it's a true 3 button -- not the usual 3R2. I also have a herringbone tweed coat which is also completely unlined, unpadded. pic below. It's one of my favorite pieces of clothing -- nice color and well made. re: sizing, I'm usually btwn a 46 and 48 I went with a 46 for the coat and 48 for the blazer.

I think Michelangelo is actually the name of Isaia's factory and they have subsequently rebranded this "little brother" brand to the name Eidos. There was a bit about the new creative director in Esquire awhile back. Looks a bit preppy/#menswear-y but the quality/value will probably be quite good.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    2 people like this.
  19. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member