1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

+ The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread +

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Parker, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

I mean the john varvatos/ washed linen jeans/ all the relatively normal stuff you've been wearing and posting in the "should I" thread. It sounds like you've had a bit of a renaissance; what better time could there be to experiment?

2 people like this.
  2. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

@dorje
    I think you should take a look at fits by Nil, some of the pieces you've posted pics of lately seem similar to the stuff he wears

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Not having dress code / working for yourself is the best.

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  4. Dorje

Dorje Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

I would be happy to own almost everything Nil has posted looking at his waywt fits.

I also don't want to wear stuff too far outside the norm so my clothes get too much attention. I'm sure this differs from place to place but Colorado is kinda conservatively (poorly) dressed compared to a lot of cities... especially Boulder, which I am closest to.

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

That's fair, but just fyi these pictures are from REI in downtown Boulder. No, it's not a metropolis, and poorly-dressed it may be, but you're much less likely to get your teeth broken for being a faggot in Boulder than you are in a lot of places. CU students might yell "hammer pants" at you, but it's far from the most unfriendly place I've been.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Dorje

Dorje Well-Known Member

Lol, at the CU students comment... I went to school there. Just dumped a girl I was dating who goes to school there... 4 out of 5 women wear black leggins with ugg boots and a CU hoodie [​IMG] ...not that I don't appreciate the leggings on the right girl though [​IMG] Prolly need to start dating older women, or at least a little closer to my age, lol... but women in their mid 20's are hot and don't care about how great of a father you'd be. By the time they get to 30 they are, many times, damaged to some degree and judge you on your potential to be a good dad which is a huge turn-off for me.

Both you and the guy you posted look great and I don't think that's close to "too far outside the norm". A lot of the more goth ninja type fits shown here are though, at least for around here IMHO.

I'm not a huge fan of most of Varvatos' stuff, just have that one coat and a pair of side-zip boots. Haven't seen anything else from the collection I'm wanting to buy...

7. stick

stick Well-Known Member

At first you were just a little annoying, but now you genuinely just seem like a bad human being.

2 people like this.
  8. Dorje

Dorje Well-Known Member

Because I'm not interested in having kids? And I think younger women are fun and hot? FWIW, I don't aim to sleep around and never had a one night stand. I was in love with my last girlfriend.

I'd say your judgement of me makes you seem like a bad human being, and a huge douchebag. Fuck you. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

ahright guys, I know it's the wild west here, but let's try to keep this thread on topic. let's focus, shall we! ... style, style style.

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  10. glundr

glundr Well-Known Member

lovin' THE DORJE

1 person likes this.
  11. Dorje

Dorje Well-Known Member

I just got the DD blazer BCD didn't like the fit of in the mail yesterday... luckily it seems to fit me pretty well, about the same as the corner's model. Would be perfect if the shoulders were 1/2" or so wider but luckily the back doesn't pull tight with my arms out in front of me. This thing looks really good in person, the color and material surpassed my expectations for sure.

I also got an unstructured black cotton blazer by Mario Matteo from yoox's sample sale. It's a 52 but fits like something in between a 48 and a 50 (was marked as fitting small by yoox), the back tightens up a bit at the end of my range of motion in my arms, but it's liveable. It might have been best to size up 2 sizes instead of one (I normally take a 50), but It's meant to be a slim fit. It's lightweight, will be nice for summer evenings.

I will post some pics soon...

If stick or anyone else has a personal issue with me, use pm. Don't shit all over this thread, it was really good (imo) and nobody wants to see it.

12. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

How do you get to the yoox sample sale? I haven't seen it on their website and they've didn't send me any email.

13. Dorje

Dorje Well-Known Member

Looks like yoox took all the sale stuff away. [​IMG]

I still have all the stuff I saved in my dream box, but now it is final sale... no returns.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

x-post, a contribution to this thread:

2 people like this.
  15. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

Lanvin fall 2010
    [​IMG]

Some of the Ann D stuff is really great the season especially stuff on ln-cc really great texture

2 people like this.
  16. spacepope

spacepope Well-Known Member

snaaaaaaaaaaaaake

snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

1 person likes this.
  17. spacepope

spacepope Well-Known Member

Some more of that Harnden/GBS type thing. Thanks to those who I stole these pics from.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not men's but whatever whatever
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

that first one is rather awkward.

Same with that earlier post, long ph jackets worn with such grungy slim pants tucked into leather socks. Almost like a repulsively disproportionate schoolgirl outfit

19. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  20. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Well-Known Member

^ that looks freaking great.