1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

+ The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread +

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Parker, Oct 23, 2012.

1. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

What size are you? I know wings & horns made some thick jersey ones which were really cool. There a lot of designers that make unstructured jackets, just depends on what your looking for, an example is always helpful.

2. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a navy blue or lighter blue lightweight margiela suit... at what price should i pounce (ebay/yoox) ?

3. Gruntle

Gruntle Well-Known Member

Barena 3b blazer
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  4. Gruntle

5. muziq925

muziq925 Well-Known Member

Looks too big in shoulders and sleeves. Try 1 or 2 sizes down

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  6. Gruntle

going to size down one. I like the longer sleeves, the body is just a little too big.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Because I am super curious as to what I picked up, and Fok sort of scared me by saying the jacket is a bit like denim, did a little more research: I believe the Fabio Quaranta jacket posted a page back is shown in 8:30 I really like the collection. I really like jackets. Can I have some more, please? :drool:

8. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

OL is slim email tbs and they will Give you measurements. 15% codes still active I think

OL fits are a bit whack though

Pretty much everything goes with a blue blazer

9. stevent

It's $6 to return just order stuff you like and check fabric content 100% wool usually will give you a better constructed garment. $100 for an Italian canvassed jacket is a steal if you can get the right fit

And re Oliver spencer tried stuff from porter fabrics cool didn't really like it though fits off

10. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Well-Known Member

was the oliver spencer you tried post-AW2012? Before that the fits were much better imho.

11. Obscured

Obscured Active Member

Have a few general questions, on how to wear a blazer right, for dressier but non formal occassions. Hope I can get some help here. Do you think black slim fitting (skinny) jeans are an acceptable choice for legwear, or are chinos and trousers, the better call? And can I wear a white dress shirt compared with jeans under a blazer, or is it a no Go? Further, how is it about the tee under blazer thing, is the only option there for a crew neck t-shirt, or would a v- neck also good?

12. stevent

Before I think, though not sure to be honest. Have some porter credit so will probably pick up something once sale season comes around

13. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

There are good and bad versions of each of those options.

I'd look for photos of the above or try a look out first if you have the items, then judge for yourself what's working and what's not. After awhile you'll know what to do.

14. Obscured

Obscured Active Member

Ok thank you parker, I orientate myself always on fits I see here, but want to create my own fit, so it´s probaly the best way to get the pieces and then post a fit, like you said. One more question... I don`t like sneakers and normal dress shoes for that kind of style, so would fasionable side zip boots a possibility?

15. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

+1 here you have to develop an eye for it. in SWD we have fewer rules to guide us than the folks next door, which is both good and bad. [although re: Obscurs' question, I hate crewneck ts unless the neck is really open. tight neck crewneck ts are awful 1990s stuff] btw Parker I am working on a C+ grade swagjack of this look right here. Apologies, you have been warned.

1 person likes this.
  16. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

I just bought a whole bunch of random blazers - EG, Paolini, Mauro Grifoni, and Transit, on Fok's recommendation. Also pants from OC, Transit, and Mauro Grifoni. I have no experience with any of the brands, but all of it looked interesting enough to buy at yoox prices. Hopefully some of it fits!

I have really been liking the Barena and Quaranta lookbooks that you guys have been linking to. I can see a lot of that stuff being worn in a really dark, venetian-gothic kind of way; maybe with a cape and a cask of amontillado. Could go well with Ann D and guidi shoes, too, maybe throw in some Sacai and Kolor....

17. gettoasty

Tried on both of these yesterday:

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-dry-easy-jacket/075584-03-006

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-linen-cotton-jacket/076531-14-006

Good alternative to random Yoox brands, both fit me 1 size large. I only picked up the linen cotton. Realized today that the right sleeve sort has creasing down the arm, subtly but visible up close, which I tried steaming out to no avail. Just going to let it be and beat it up for work during the summer. It's going to wrinkle a whole lot more.

The Dry Easy jacket was really good especially since it is a cotton / poly mix. Easily EG copy for cheaper. Collar looks great up, more so than the linen-cotton mix. Dark gray looked the best.

edit:
    Does anyone tailor their sleeve widths? Uniqlo jackets are sort of big on my arms width wise and the length could be shortened.

The Quaranta I ordered from Yoox is coming in Friday so we'll see how that is.

Also, any recommendations for gray high neck sweaters? CRISTIANO FISSORE seems pretty good but sort of expensive on Yoox

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  18. Synthese

Ha, I have been looking for the same kind of things. Which Quaranta did you buy?

19. gettoasty

This one

20. Synthese

Nice! I hope it works out for you - post some pictures when it arrives!