1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Not a fan of those.

2. uzairh

uzairh Well-Known Member

A brand to look into is Marchercher from Japan. They make a lot of footwear for other brands (Julius, in the past) and have their own line also.

Prices are around ¥30k-40k.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

are there any available to buy? link plz

4. mreggen

mreggen Well-Known Member

5. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

6. malcb33

malcb33 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if someone could help me out? I've been looking for a pair of new shoes but I'm having a real hard time finding what I'm looking for. I really like the shape of these 1923's but they don't fit into my budget right now, so I'd like to find something with a similar shape to them. They don't need to be a one-piece construction either, just something with a similar pointy-ish toe and maybe some sort of distressing. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

7. Tuma

Tuma Well-Known Member

Thanks Uzairh and Brad-T. Very interesting.

8. g0d5hand

g0d5hand Member

How do you find the boots from FlutterbyShoes?
    Saw a really nice and aged pair of their chukka's on here and want a pair so bad.
    Can you order from outside indonesia?

9. click here

click here Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm liking these shoes from upcoming F/W collection from Buttero

1 person likes this.
  10. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

Here is what I have for boots so far:
    [​IMG]

They are C&J Islay, Alden for J Crew, Fiorentini and Baker, and Tod's Chelsea boot. Does anyone have any recommendations for a next boot? I would be wearing them with jeans.

Also, can someone comment on the quality of the Tod's? I bought them on sale on a whim without really knowing anything about the company.

11. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

How about something else in shell? But I have a question for you. How do you like the Fiorentini & Baker boots? Are they Blake/rapid-Blake or Bologna construction? And how did you size them? TTS? Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  12. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of recommendations for Tricker's. I assume they do shell?

I do like the F&T boots, but I am not sure about the construction. Here are some pics below. I went with a size 42. I wear a 9.5 in US sizes, so I'm not sure how that translates.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Simplistic

Simplistic New Member

What do you guys think of this Fred Perry Hughes Leather Boot? This might be old season but anyone know where can i find this? or any recommendation for something similar? :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Not a fan of those boots. The sole looks like a sneaker

15. Simplistic

Simplistic New Member

Yeah You are kinda right. I thought this could be used as in between sneakers and boots. anyone tried Soldini boots before? never heard of the brand before
    [​IMG]

16. agg3l1koula

agg3l1koula Member

what is the brand of this beckham boots
    [​IMG]

17. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

Just a heads up fellas, got a new pair of Moma lace boots, sz 41 in classifieds right now. I know a lot of you are always looking for boots like in the baller boot thread but at a much cheaper price, well here ya go. *If anybody wants me to take this down I will no problem, I just know a lot of guys are always looking for this style.

and to add something to the thread......I've owned a large majority of the brands in the baller boot thread and Moma is definitely the 'closest' to them from a quality standpoint out of everything I've ever tried. Anybody looking for a good boot that's friendly on the wallet should definitely look into Moma as a frontrunner (talking specifically the ankle lace model) if that's the aesthetic you're wanting. $450 retail is very fairly priced for what you get, and a bonus is they can usually always be picked up at discount.

To add one more option, I was also impressed with the John Varvatos mainline 'six o six' boot I owned for close to two years. Definitely another solid choice at the right price (I got mine for $200 on sale). They retail for $600, which I would definitely pass on for that price, however at around $300 or under they would be a good buy IMO.

Hope this potentially helps someone!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  18. sinnedk

D,

i had the JV boots as well and i agree they are great at 200-300 but no more. Also thanks for the info on moma, ive been contemplating them for quiet a bit.

To add another brand, Buttero never disappoints, i've owned 2 pairs so far and am pretty happy. Too bad buttero has really cool styles in japan at high prices.

19. sinnedk

i keep forgetting are moma tts?