1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The small feet thread: sharing sizing and fits, and where to get small sizes. (US7/UK6.5 or smaller)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by manasdirge, Jun 12, 2015.

1. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Well-Known Member

Dear all,

I think you will be able to ask my question. I have several pairs from Carmina in size 6,5 (being the Simpson last the best fitting last, though I can wear without problems Rain, Forest and Robert). I have also several Yanko in size 6. I've heard Carmina sizing is smaller than british ones. Could you confirm if it would be a good idea to size half size down in Edward Green and Gaziano&Girling? I am about to buy online but don't know if it would be a good idea...

Thanks in advance.

2. Chowkin

Chowkin Well-Known Member

It depends on which British makers. For EG and G&G, I find they are snugger fitting than C&J or Church's. Most people take a half size bigger in the former two brands.

2 people like this.
  3. manasdirge

manasdirge Well-Known Member

Quote:Hi, aristoi, welcome! I really recommend trying on them in store first, if you have the chance. As for the size translation, I hope I can help you but my carmina loafer is still not delivered, will update this when they arrive. if you can't try them on first, pick a retailer that accept changes/returns.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Well-Known Member

5. manasdirge

it's forest last, they should be finished in mid November, but seems Carmina has delayed many of the GMTOs due to the high demand[​IMG]

6. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

Looks like the Cheaney runs long? I've had limited experience from Cheaney and that's what I feel. I wear 6F in Cheaney and 6.5E in EG and the former feels longer. A big reason I've held back on picking up the Cheaney veldt boots since they're G width.

7. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

I've got the FS029 boot (SF boot) of Cheaney in UK6.5F and too have the feeling Cheaneys' lasts run long in general.
    In case I buy a new pair of boots from Cheaney, which I will probably do because I love the current one despite it being a poor fit for my feet, I would size down not only half, but full a size in length.
    Sadly Cheaney makes shoes in sizes smaller than UK6 only MTO. They quoted me a price of GBP525 for the FS029 in that case, which I am not willing to pay.
    Well, there is still the Herring Langdale.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  8. manasdirge

well, for those brands don't normally make sizes under UK6 (Cheaney, Alfred Sargent, Yanko etc), I have seen some UK5/5.5s on japan auction site, an example here: http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m152394542, but the styles are limited.

9. manasdirge

2 people like this.
  10. manasdirge

well, finally received my Carmina forest loafer, everything is fine, except heel slippery. Come on, it's size 5! and I don't think smaller size will fit cause my forefoot part is already snug, guess it's my narrow heel again, and perhaps I have to give up on Carmina forest last.[​IMG]

Still, some pictures for you guys!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Chowkin

Sorry to hear about the heel slippage. I have that on my only pair in size 5 too [​IMG] BTW, there are a couple of boots in size 5.5 on sale at the Carmina online store. I like this one: [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. manasdirge

That boot's nice, but with the size 5 running large for me, I certainly won't go for a size 5.5 in Carmina[​IMG]

13. tbrock

tbrock Well-Known Member

Another addition to my list now is Meermin. If you can be bothered with their stiffness and quality control, it is a superb option for people with small feet. I have now tried two boots on the hiro last and both have been very snug in 5.5 and 6 (shearling lined).

1 person likes this.
  14. manasdirge

hmm, I should have my meermin in size 5.5 by now, but the local post office have returned the shoes back to Spain! and they don't tell me why that happens, now I am waiting for the seller's response and see if the shoes are really sent back.

15. Chowkin

1 person likes this.
  16. cchen

cchen Well-Known Member

My addition to this thread

Fits well
    Carmina Inca (wholecut) UK 5.5
    Carmina Xim UK 5.5
    EG 202 UK 6E
    EG 606 UK 6E
    EG 184 UK 6F
    JL 4098 UK 5.5EE

Fits OK
    Carmina Inca (captoe) UK 5.5
    Carmina Robert

Sneakers
    Common Projects Achilles EU 40
    Common Projects Bball Low EU 39
    Buttero tanino low/high EU 39

I have a Cleverley Reuben handgrade shoe in UK 5.5 in the sig if anyone in this thread is interested

1 person likes this.
  17. manasdirge

18. mcl911

mcl911 Well-Known Member

I wear cp Achilles eu40 but there are some space in front
    Eg888 uk5.5e
    Tg73 uk5.5e
    Meermin Ron uk5.5
    Carmina Simpson uk5.5 (normal width)
    Us8 for all Nike sneaker

19. manasdirge

interest check,
    Trying to find the carmina loafers a new home, fantastic pair with tobacco suede and rubber soles, unfortunately they don't fit me. tried only for 10min inside on wooden floors, new with box.
    forest last size 5, this is a MTO from gentlemensfootwear, price is $420, I'll throw in international shipping too.
    outsole: 27cm x 9.5cm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Chowkin