1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Serious Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Caustic Man, May 24, 2013.

1. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

Caustic, FYI I am wearing cufflinks; it's just a subtle pair of silver knots that you can't see in the picture. I'm also not a fan of the French cuff with no cufflinks look.

I like your outfit overall but it didn't wow me. It may be the photo but something seems a bit off with the fit on the jacket in the shoulder and sleeve area. I'd also consider a lighter shade of brown for the shoes but that's just me. *** for me on this one.

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

I love the sportcoat, it looks great. The tie and the shirt look nice too, as do the trousers and shoes. So you'd say there's nothing wrong with this outfit, right? Unfortunately it doesn't work at all for me. I've been trying to pinpoint why it doesn't work, at first I thought it might be the PS, but no matter what color the PS is, it still doesn't work. What's wrong with this outfit is the combination of the shirt and the tie. The pink shirt with the bright blue tie just don't work together. Perhaps a navy tie would've worked better with this, but another easy fix is to wear a light blue shirt instead, something like this:
    [​IMG]

So, unfortunately only *** this time.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  3. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Well-Known Member

Fair enough. You get a revised ***.

4. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough I have the exact same shirt (Brooks Brothers) in blue like you pictured here. I was debating which one to wear. BTW, you are darn good at this photoshop stuff.

5. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

Try it next time, I'm sure it'll look much better. Cheers, I'm a soon-to-be banker (starting in a week) who'd much rather be doing something creative, so photoshopping stuff is my creative outlet at the moment. Photoshop is really not as hard as it looks, but I've noticed it does help me think about clothing and colors on a different level.

6. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

The tie and pocket square don't look right, because they both have dots. Unnatural patterns like that shouldn't be worn in one more than one piece at the same time.

7. gringodaddy

gringodaddy Well-Known Member