1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Rubinacci Thread.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by whnay., Jun 6, 2008.

1. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

How, exactly, can this thread be hijacked? the majority of the posters doesn't even know where it's supposed to go. Take it where you want.
    Fixed, as they say in the vernacular [​IMG] edit: Dopey messed me up but it applies here more than the other one anyway ;p

2. Film Noir Buff

3. Kuro

Kuro Well-Known Member

Typically, the price they quote to Americans is ex-VAT, but you should always ask to be sure.

Thanks. The VAT refund always seems to take months when returning from abroad, wasn't sure if it was the same when the UK tailors visit.

How, exactly, can this thread be hijacked? The pilot doesn't even know where it's supposed to go. Take it where you want.

Nice one.

4. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

Thanks. The VAT refund always seems to take months when returning from abroad, wasn't sure if it was the same when the UK tailors visit.
    Most tailors will simply not charge you the VAT in the first place. That's a lot better deal than the refund because, in addition to the speed factor, with refunds you never get back the full amount.

However, if you pick the suit up in London, you have no choice but to pay the VAT and apply for the refund.

5. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

6. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

Most tailors will simply not charge you the VAT in the first place. That's a lot better deal than the refund because, in addition to the speed factor, with refunds you never get back the full amount.

However, if you pick the suit up in London, you have no choice but to pay the VAT and apply for the refund.

My advice Kuro is to have the goods finished and then mailed to you. Saves a lot of the hassle.

7. RJmanbearpig

RJmanbearpig Well-Known Member

8. aragon765

aragon765 Well-Known Member

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/mafoofan/mfanblog/snapshots/102308sitting.jpg[/I]

Wow, this is great, you look fantastic, no matter what anyone says!! I am not a big fan of the tie-tying trip you are on, but the rest is simply awesome.

I have not been on the board much lately -- attempting to finish law school appears to take up more time than being a first year associate in NYC [IMG]http://69.16.239.77/images/smilies/laugh.gif. I only wish I could show up to my firm looking as polished and complete as you appear to do. Very well done!

btw, What is the total number of coats/suits that you are currently rotating, and what percentage are Rubinacci?

9. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Well-Known Member

Lookin' good mafoo.

+1.
    Probably my fav of all I've seen.

10. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

I give that suit a hot diggity dog.

Nice work.

Is that the wedding suit?

- B

11. Kuro

Kuro Well-Known Member

My advice Kuro is to have the goods finished and then mailed to you. Saves a lot of the hassle.

Thanks.

Lookin' good mafoo.

I agree. Much more natural than the sport jackets.

12. mafoofan

btw, What is the total number of coats/suits that you are currently rotating, and what percentage are Rubinacci?

Not many. Two suits and four sportcoats.

Is that the wedding suit?

Yessir. A couple more pics in my blog.

13. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

14. mafoofan

Très soignÃ[​IMG].

- B

Now that I'm forcing people to have Google IDs to post, all the racist comments have stopped coming. Unfortunately, that means all the comments have stopped coming.

15. RJmanbearpig

Now that I'm forcing people to have Google IDs to post, all the racist comments have stopped coming. Unfortunately, that means all the comments have stopped coming.

You used to get racist comments? That's pathetic. What did they say?

16. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

You used to get racist comments? What did they say?
    I am the world's greatest shirtmaker and decided to raise my prices recently.

17. RJmanbearpig

I am the world's greatest shirtmaker
    Duboin?

18. Film Noir Buff

[​IMG]
    Damn B, how many suits you got?

19. bogg81

bogg81 Member

Is there Rubinacci store in Paris, or some other place where I can buy Rubinacci products?
    Thanks.

20. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

Is there Rubinacci store in Paris, or some other place where I can buy Rubinacci products?
    Thanks.

Mr. Moo may have something for you....