1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The regis look...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by montecristo#4, Sep 20, 2004.

1. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

I wish I had a picture to post on this one. Did anyone see Tom Jackson on NFL Primetime this Sunday?

He was sporting a charcoal grey suit with bold pinstripes, complemented by a matching shirt and tie MADE OF THE SAME MATERIAL as the suit iself. It really was pretty remarkable. I can't imagine a shirt made of wool (even if made from 150s worcesteds or better) could be very comfortable, though.

Montecristo

2. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

The other day I saw a matching suit and tie cut from the same material (Prince of Wales check). I think it was in some fashion magazine. It created a surprisingly, nice, novel look.

3. southerncollegeboy

southerncollegeboy Active Member

Montecristo, it's so funny that you posted about his look...the FIRST thing I thought about when I saw him this morning was "styleforum." That was, umm, odd look.

For those of you who didn't see it, Mr. Jackson had a black pinstriped suit with a matching shirt and tie--matching meaning that the shirt and tie were exactly like the suit.

4. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Well-Known Member

Let me start off by saying I love Tom Jackson - one of the best football analysts around (along with Dan Marino), if you ask me.

His outfit, however, was ridiculous. He looked worse than Michael Irvin, and that's saying something. It looked like an optical illusion. The stripes were all in different directions, I got dizzy. What surprised me most, though, was that nobody on the show commented on it.

5. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

I happened to catch part of the Regis show the other day, and thought to myself.."wow, he actually looks quite well put-together today", so stayed until the closing credits to see who provided the wardrobe: Pal Zileri [​IMG] koji

6. JohnMS

JohnMS Well-Known Member

7. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

Petermetro- considering what some of his associates wear over there at ESPN, im not terribly surprised nobody commented on it. Some of the outfits ive seen over the years on the likes of Michael Irvin, Stuart Scott, Matt Geiger (during the NBA playoffs - apologies if he doesnt work for ESPN), et al, make me wonder how they are allowed onto air looking like this. I think my favorite ever though, was Michael Irvin walking into a Dallas courtroom (when he was busted with the 2 hookers) with a full length white fur coat. Mind you, this was the dead of summer in Dallas, it must have been 110 degrees outside.

8. Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Wow. You are right. That is saying something. Michael amazes me everytime I see him for his ugly suits and crazy shirt collars