1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The OneShirt: A Phoenix from the Ashes [4/24/13 UPDATE: A SHIRTMAKER, AN ENGLISHMAN, CHAMBRAY, AND F

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Mar 20, 2013.

1. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Did Carl at CEGO have some nice stuff that's not from SG? I remember him posting something about it at the Unfunded Liabilities thread.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  3. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

CEGOs didn't have right fuzzy look IIRC. Also color was darker.

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Yes, but I don't think Foo likes the fuzz. What some see as fuzz, others see as pilling ...

From memory, Carl's chambray was a "dressy" chambray, which is what makes it (and S&G) unique among other shirtings.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  5. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

The SG chambray I have from Will is a little fuzzy. Carl has shown me the chambray that he has and it is more neatly finished. I never saw Foos version in real life but from the pictures it looked different from mine as well. I thought Foo wanted the chambray for the surface texture that I haven't seen in other chambray variants. Only thing that comes close is a wool cotton blend.

6. clapeyron

clapeyron Well-Known Member

How do you like them apples? 100% cotton...or so they told me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014