• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo what is rare about the A&F tie? I see them quite frequently at thrifts. Material? Pattern? Age?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo what is rare about the A&F tie? I see them quite frequently at thrifts. Material? Pattern? Age?

Particularly nothing about this tie, but I dont see them often... if you do, then maybe its just geographic location. :)

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Lobbs are ******* amazing! What's the vintage on those bad boys?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think they're still in business.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^ that Chipp is gorgeous. The Mongolian cashmere thing reads very 60s to me, though I have nothing to substantiate that.

Those Lobbs are ******* amazing! What's the vintage on those bad boys?

They are incredible. Even better than that is the smell. They smell so damn good. How weird is that, talking about the smell of used mens shoes. LOL. But the leather, the oil, the age, its just a really great box to open up. How old exactly I dont know, but Im guessing late 70s?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ that Chipp is gorgeous. The Mongolian cashmere thing reads very 60s to me, though I have nothing to substantiate that.
They are incredible. Even better than that is the smell. They smell so damn good. How weird is that, talking about the smell of used mens shoes. LOL. But the leather, the oil, the age, its just a really great box to open up. How old exactly I dont know, but Im guessing late 70s?

I hear that, picked up a deadstock 70's Schott Perfecto that still smells new!

Fits nearly perfect except in the arms, which are too big. :brick:

Last edited:

AndrewDoesHair

Reaction score
I just posted some of these in the "leather jacket thread" and got made fun of by some jerk. Searched for "vintage" and found this thread- so I think these may belong here, if anyone would care.

This jacket was made in the 60's. I'm not sure by who, but it has a Talon zip, and weighs a TON. An old biker I know said it's probably horse hide. The jacket belonged to my father, who passed away when I was a kid. Now that I am all grown up and ride a motorbike, I wear it.

This one is a Vietnam war era G1 flight jacket that I found in an antique mall. Someone had replaced the cotton cuffs and waist with leather, and then they dyed the brown jacket black. These modifications led to a very low price, but since I wanted this for riding, I was stoked on the mods.

This is a vintage Arrow loop neck shirt. From what I know, the loop on the collar, for the top button, indicates late 1960's, as the 1970's models had a standard hole for the top button... Please be gentle in correcting me if I'm wrong

And since I'm on the topic of vintage stuff, these are a pair of Corcoran jump boots, made during WW2... A guy at a swap meet was selling them for $90, but he'd only take cash... missing out them has haunted me ever since...

CesarC

Reaction score
Not to start up again on a side-tracked discussion, but a couple of weeks ago I went to the Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC and it was interesting on multiple levels. Paintings side-by-side with actual antique garments, shoes, and accessories portrayed. Very cool. Women's and men's, though more women's than men's. Amongst other things, all of the shoes were damn narrow! I always thought the paintings and drawings from the 1800's and early 20th century had shoes that were exaggerated in length for artistic purposes, an affectation. The shoes looked like they were AAAA, I kid you not! At any rate, very much worth it for those interested in seriously vintage fashion. (Disclaimer: not at all affiliated)

Stewie

Reaction score

I just posted some of these in the "leather jacket thread" and got made fun of by some jerk. Searched for "vintage" and found this thread- so I think these may belong here, if anyone would care. This jacket was made in the 60's. I'm not sure by who, but it has a Talon zip, and weighs a TON. An old biker I know said it's probably horse hide. The jacket belonged to my father, who passed away when I was a kid. Now that I am all grown up and ride a motorbike, I wear it. This one is a Vietnam war era G1 flight jacket that I found in an antique mall. Someone had replaced the cotton cuffs and waist with leather, and then they dyed the brown jacket black. These modifications led to a very low price, but since I wanted this for riding, I was stoked on the mods. This is a vintage Arrow loop neck shirt. From what I know, the loop on the collar, for the top button, indicates late 1960's, as the 1970's models had a standard hole for the top button... Please be gentle in correcting me if I'm wrong And since I'm on the topic of vintage stuff, these are a pair of Corcoran jump boots, made during WW2... A guy at a swap meet was selling them for $90, but he'd only take cash... missing out them has haunted me ever since...
Nice jackets! Any labeling on the first one? Loop collar shirts have been around since the 50's and faded away for the most part in the late 60's early 70's with the long pointed collars. Still show up today on what they call "camp shirts" and retro pieces. Easiest way to date is usually by the label, especially if it's a store brand. And dont worry too much about the boots...definitely not WW2 but fairly recent issue, and still can find at surplus stores in the $150 range.

Minkous

Reaction score
Being in the resale business I come across alot of cool items with amazing stories but personally I'm always a sucker for glasses. I've been practically blind since a kid and was never able to afford but 1 pair that insurance covered each year, and just hated that! Now that I'm older i switch between about 3-4 vintage/non vintage frames. And these are some other favorites that I'm currently selling because I cant keep them all. My favorite part about them is that they are all MADE IN USA!

Bouton U-Fit

Military Issue

American Opticals

American Opticals

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads