• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those of you with experience with ties with no keepers, how do you stop the small side from flopping around? Tie clip? Or just get used to the 'sprezz.

ovlov

Reaction score
If you tie it right it won't flap around that much anyhow. But if you have to look super formal then use a clip or wear a different tie. I don't see why this would ever be a problem though if you enjoy the look

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@applky

Almost looks like a grenadine. Can you see any blue in it? Close up?

Yes there is definitely some blue in it. Will try to post a close up, but the fabric is unfortunately sold out. The "fancy wools" Gerald and Diana sometimes post up are woven, but are woven wools, not silks (like a grenadine). The weave is tighter, and you can get monogramming done, which is a real benefit.

Last edited:

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes there is definitely some blue in it. Will try to post a close up, but the fabric is unfortunately sold out. The "fancy wools" Gerald and Diana sometimes post up are woven, but are woven wools, not silks (like a grenadine). The weave is tighter, and you can get monogramming done, which is a real benefit.

Thanks applky. No worries of the close up if it's sold out. Makes decision making in the future easier!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's Vandas include the OG fancy wool, I believe from before Vanda Fine Clothing was actually established and when @gshen was just selling ties on SF. This was the tie that started my Vanda addiction. EDIT: @Phat Guido wears it in a more subdued fashion here.

Vanda Brown Fancy Wool tie
Vanda Purple Butterflies pocket square

Non-Vanda are Southwick and Gitman for Epaulet

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vanda tie and square. And a little inspiration by tchoy.

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thanks! I think my photos look pretty mediocre, so it's nice of you to say. Vanda square today. And I like your sport coat!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ Thanks! I think my photos look pretty mediocre, so it's nice of you to say. Vanda square today. And I like your sport coat!

Thanks! Ditto. Which Vanda squares are those in your last two fits?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics