• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread

OlSarge

Reaction score
Full agreement, here. I have a greener/browner version of Cordera's coat that goes smashingly with both denim and corduroy. And next winter I'll try some moleskin.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Todays score. 3 yards from the left and middle, five from the one on the right.

left will be a normal sport coat, middle will be an overcoat, one on the far right will be an unconstructed hacking jacket and another one if i ever get fat or get marinara sauce on it. Suspect its the kentchurch from bookster. Middle is probably a vintage harris, left is ??? made in britain.

all for under 300 USD :)

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

left will be a normal sport coat, middle will be an overcoat, one on the far right will be an unconstructed hacking jacket and another one if i ever get fat or get marinara sauce on it. Suspect its the kentchurch from bookster. Middle is probably a vintage harris, left is ??? made in britain.

Where did you get 11 yards for under $300?

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A retail store I regularly frequent bought out a tailor's estate, and didnt want to take the time to research the fabrics. They were selling at 25$/yd and "accidentally" cut all mine long because I do a good turn of business with them. Landau's, in Princeton, if you're local.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good stuff! The medium green on the right doesn't seem like the Kentchurch on my monitor. If you find out what that is and the weight please do let me know. Thanks and and enjoy getting them made up!

Last edited:

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slew, it looks a lot like the etrick tweed I have in the works, heavy stuff, I think 22 oz if I recall. But it does look very nice.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
massive sale... ridiculous prices, cant afford all the stuff, damn it.

got this one though :)

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liam,
Can you snap pics of different tweeds and post? Maybe there is something interesting there, vintage tweeds.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not over there anymore, but most of the pics I took were tartans, i bought most of the tweeds.... still pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not that far from Princeton. What would I do with the tartan?
have it made into something, they've a good deal more than that though. I was just taking pictures of tartans because thats what I was considering purchasing.

They had worsteds, tweeds, weird specialty stuff, cashmeres, linens, a black llama that would make a beautiful greatcoat. Its worth the drive.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Donegals and herringbone stripe I am considering for odd sport coats, actually, these are the ones that I chose from the bunch.

Last edited:

OlSarge

Reaction score
Oh there simply isn't any question. You need one of each!

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hacking jacket made from top one, sport coat made from bottom one, pants made from one in middle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads