1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbkshin

hbkshin Well-Known Member

2. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Well-Known Member

I love that the first guy is from toronto. I've passed on half of the stuff hes posting. I guess this is how Frenchy feels with me

3. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  4. Takai

Takai Well-Known Member

So, had a wonky day at work, and hit one store to kill an hour before meeting up with a buddy. I came away with some Ben Silver Sterling buttons for 1$, a Nwot Navy jacket that fits perfectly, even in the sleeves, a Ferragamo tie, and a couple of orphans that I just couldnt leave.

Came home to find some ethrifts had some in, New set of Ben silver GP Anchor buttons (which will be installed on my new jacket), some new english gold tone buttons, and a great Massimo Dutti jacket in a 40, which was unfortunately a bit too long for me.

Feel much better about the day now.

5. jdrizzy

[–]ChuckESteeze[S] 1 point a minute ago
    I wouldn't mind that, but I'm not sure it would get enough action to necessitate a weekly thread. I try to post it with some regularity - I just dropped the ball these last few weeks.
    I liked this part

'One year, and over a hundred trips probably. That should ward off some competition lol. But the addiction is real.'

Over 100 trips in a 3 months crew

6. jdrizzy

@SpooPoker

Fuck man! I lost a bit of weight over the last couple of months, I think I could have fit that KVA Biker jacket [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. eazye

eazye Well-Known Member

Sweet Mary Mother of Jesus..... I was looking at that jacket on my phone before. Seeing it on my monitor.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. Napaduck

Napaduck Well-Known Member

Wasn't that a striped orphan? Couldn't tell if it had mildew spots, or that was just fuzz on the guys camera lens... I passed. The cashmere 1 btn SC was more intriguing.

9. eazye

eazye Well-Known Member

I'm just going to say this right now, I've read this thread in it's entirety, and that Gucci jacket is my favorite piece ever posted. Un fucking real. :worship2: :worship: :slayer: :cheers:

4 people like this.
  10. Napaduck

Napaduck Well-Known Member

What would you call the color on this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Orange Sherbert

2 people like this.
  12. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Well-Known Member

H

Hail to the no! There's a whole mess of wannabe flippers combing the stores, doing it wrong. I don't want any of those MFers going after my grails!

3 people like this.
  13. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

Oh man ... I'm just depressed now. And if they have been at this for as long as they say and those are the prize finds, can you even imagine the treasures their ignorance has caused them to leave behind. That was just a sad read.

Edit: Our presence would make them either cower in defeat or cause them to try and hang with us with the bullshit they've been pulling, that or it would school them to the game, which is a risk not worth taking.

14. eazye

eazye Well-Known Member

For the love of god, do not link anybody else to this thread. Let people find it on their own.

13 people like this.
  15. jdrizzy

Please don't bring them here guys. Don't need any more competition. Sorry just wanted to let hbk and people interested, what ez said, don't bring them! (seems sort of rude, but we stick to our own peeps)

1 person likes this.
  16. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

By the shade it is in the full frontal shots, it looks to be a Tangerine or light tangerine, closer it has more of a golden bronze (if that makes any sense) shade ... now with that being said, lets go half on it. kthxbi

17. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

co-sign....even though I know I'm still relatively new to this little community (you guys, not thrifting), but I wouldn't give this forum out to my mother. Let those rookies starve. This thread would be pure gold for all those still cultivating their thrifting talents and has the ability to bring them to a whole other level. Fuck those guys, let them live in ignorance down in the minors, with their Commes des Fuckdown t-shirts. NO VICUNA FOR YOU! Jompso out.

18. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Well-Known Member

"Commes des Fuckdown".
    It took me a second to get that.
    :lol:

19. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Dude, I would love to find a Commes des Fuck Down shirt or hat... :foo:

20. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

Then walk out of the thrift store and into any hipster store there is and ask for one. eBay should prove fruitful as well... However I'm thinking I'm addressing a sarcastic remark, so I am just going to stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.