• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Some of my backlog with a little peak of some sweet. Right now nothing is available.

Perfectly fine if it's not available at thrift prices, but I will buy this from you if it's my size at ebay pricing. :happy:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Polo II, so it could be suit or jacket. I'm leaning towards suit (orphan). Basically, I wouldn't buy/wear it apart from a suit.

Re: Zanellas. I'm not sure. Some wear pleats, some don't. They do flatter some builds. If you're asking about sale price, and I suspect you are, they'll probably sell for less. If that's the case, you could have taken a look at ebay to find the answer.
For the Zanellas I was asking mostly for trade-bait as well since I know people on here like them.

Ugh that's a bummer re PRL: orphan.

You seem like a nice guy, and I DO like seeing what you find. However, you've been so full of questions leading up to your 500th post, I really just ask that you research things. It's not an attempt to be an ass, but every post has attached questions to which you could answer on your own. Do you want to flip? Perfectly fine with me personally, but figure things out beforehand. I'd love to trade/buy your stuff (sometimes) but really, if you have an interest in menswear, read up on it before you ask your next question(s)

As I said, I don't meant to be impolite and I do hope you stick around, but it's actually fun to learn about this stuff for those in the hobby. Like many things, it won't help no matter how many times someone tells you the information, but it WILL stick once you find it on your own.

You're not being an ass.

Do I want to flip? Maybe? I'd prefer to trade around since people here find awesome things anyway. I'd rather find things that people here want and trade for things that I want. My 'business' wardrobe is pretty pitiful...

Usually, if I find something I don't know about. I'll google the brand or whatnot on SF to see what it leads to. I read some stuff on thrifty gent and putthison. I'm interested in learning more about menswear for my own knowledge as well. I guess I'm starting to annoy people on here so I guess I'll tone it down...

And I'm guessing that the HF is an SC given that the jacket's actually kinda interesting on it's own and not flat like the PRL. Thanks for the tip about the 'II' insignia. Back it goes. Unless someone wants it that is.

My dad didn't wear suits growing up and I had ZERO idea about everything from fit to brands when I started scrounging. Every now and then I'd find something that felt/looked better than the other stuff in the periphery so I'd take a closer look. That's what led me to SF. I'm honestly just trying to learn. This is stress relief for me.

Last edited:

Lirum

Reaction score
From the last few days:

Hickey Freeman Bespoke: Need to take measurements, but it's available. (will update this post). It's a size or two big on me so I'm guessing it's a 42-44ish

PRL wool pants. Made in Italy. Cornelliani? Size 38. Available!

PRL Made in Italy jacket. Cornelliani? Size 46L Available.

They're obviously not a suit, but this is what they look like together.

Yeah, those are Corneliani.

edit: damnit, late again

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wore pleats... In the 90s, the early 90s...

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perfectly fine if it's not available at thrift prices, but I will buy this from you if it's my size at ebay pricing. :happy:

Per a conversation with GmmCL, it's going to be my first time sincerely trying to clean a piss stain out of the crotch. As you can imagine, it was custom made for someone, and the sizing isn't exactly commonplace, so it's more of an investment at this point. The pants are like a 40 or 42" waist.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

For the Zanellas I was asking mostly for trade-bait as well since I know people on here like them.

Ugh that's a bummer re PRL: orphan. I'm guessing the HF is an orphan too? Sad day.

I won't declare myself the definitive answer on the jacket(s)...Polo II, the fit, can be either. I personally wouldn't buy a jacket in that fabric as an odd jacket. Should you want to sell it, I'm sure someone would buy it as a jacket.

For the Zanellas, and everything else, I want to stress that I mean no personal offense to you, just offering up what I think is the best opinion.

I have a few pairs of pants that are pleated, single, never double. They work for me and I don't look older than I am. Some hate pleats and would never wear them. It generally lowers their market/value, but some don't mind. The Dalton, by PRL is a good example.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ugh that's a bummer re PRL: orphan. I'm guessing the HF is an orphan too? Sad day.

I personally don't think Zanellas are worth the hassle. Any Zanellas. Unless they're for you, or you know someone that wants them.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Per a conversation with GmmCL, it's going to be my first time sincerely trying to clean a piss stain out of the crotch. As you can imagine, it was custom made for someone, and the sizing isn't exactly commonplace, so it's more of an investment at this point. The pants are like a 40 or 42" waist.

I'm hating myself a little for asking this (because of stain) but what size is the jacket? Any chance it's 44-46R?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I wore pleats... In the 90s, the early 90s...

On cotton khakis? :D

Pleats do/have worked for years...with the proper fit. In many cases, they look better than flat fronts in considering drape/comfort at rest. They are not out of style though, it just depends on how they're worn.

I completely understand. The waist would be huge in that case, but I really liked the color and the perceived texture. Still a cool suit to find!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

On cotton khakis? :D

Pleats do/have worked for years...with the proper fit. In many cases, they look better than flat fronts in considering drape/comfort at rest. They are not out of style though, it just depends on how they're worn.
I completely understand. The waist would be huge in that case, but I really liked the color and the perceived texture. Still a cool suit to find!

Of course! It was a uniform after all. But yeah, all my dress pants had pleats until a few years ago.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Hey look, a (pretty modest) haul from Deadboy. Stuff is available for the friendly folks of the forum who have demonstrated chillness/have hooked others up in the past.

Prada black wool blend pants, size 52

Samuelsohn, roughly 44R

Baldessarini roughly 42-44 S-R, pretty sure this is a wool/alpaca blend

Debatably wearable Talbott BOC tie

And then the big heartbreaker of the trip...

Told myself it was still worth the kop after finding three holes... got a little unsure after hole #5... by #7 I knew I needed to pass. Oh well.

And for the hell of it, this week's e-thrift. Picked up these Ann Demeulemeester wool pants from FW11 on MyHabit for a pretty good price. Can't wait 'till I officially 'get' them for Christmas.

Randomore

Reaction score
A couple quick stops got me a few things. I think my ipone camera is broken, things have a glowing feel to them. No idea what the hell is going on. Everything looks crazy bright

Recent Zegna, double vented and awesome! Wish it was a size smaller. EU 52 US 42 avail. When I got home a pocket square was in the inside pocket
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Stupid Camera, was trying to show the windowpane and colors, fail

Havent decided if keeping yet. 3Sixteen Cardigan. Tentatively n/a

Can anyone help me date this thing? Vintage BB Chambray shirt in my size. Has to be older it fits slim through arms and body without being marked slim... Made in USA N/A

Code stamped inside

Yup its NOS.
bigstar[1].gif

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Of course! It was a uniform after all. But yeah, all my dress pants had pleats until a few years ago.
Understandable. Pleats, like unvented/4x2 jackets, are often cast aside as outdated. They were all overused in the late '80s and '90s, but done right, look great. I don't often wear pleats (and never in cotton khaki), but single pleat wool trousers are fine. It's one of the finer points that's hard to get over if you ever wore terrible, double/triple-pleated pants.
Hey look, a (pretty modest) haul from Deadboy. Stuff is available for the friendly folks of the forum who have demonstrated chillness/have hooked others up in the past. And for the hell of it, this week's e-thrift. Picked up these Ann Demeulemeester wool pants from FW11 on MyHabit for a pretty good price. Can't wait 'till I officially 'get' them for Christmas.
Still cool, though!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm hating myself a little for asking this (because of stain) but what size is the jacket?  Any chance it's 44-46R?

I believe it's in that ballpark. Getting ready for a christmas party we are throwing at the house tonight. Message me so I don't forget to check for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads