• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, I just realized I missed my SF birthday. It was Saturday.

Happy SF Bday! SF Bday > your kid's Bday!
satisfied.gif

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skeetiest Skeet I've found to date.

Anyone know what this pattern is called?
mwink[1].gif

This link will give you visually similar images from Google - didn't have time to eyeball them all - supposed to be working. (it's not just robert graham shirts - it's a match based on color & pattern, per Google's "search by image" as compared to the image you posted).

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I went away for the long weekend so I'm just getting caught up on everything. Lots of great finds in here, but this is ridiculous...

I thrifted all of these gold chains today to complete my costume for 4 bucks.

also i thought i was nuts going out today on Halloween, figured it would be like a madhouse, and cleaned out, but surprisingly quiet and a bonus 25% off on this was super nice

and Handserhund you can appreciate why this was hysterical to see - on a brown jacket no less!

^^ Hahaha, though the "e" and "i" should be switched (and strange enough, this isn't common slang here), it's still hilarious!

Hoofit

Reaction score
Spoo, real deal or strippers ****?

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perfume has value?

It can do. There's a vintage Gurrlain going on ebay for 20k right now.

In this case, it's not the perfume, which pretty much sucks. It's scarcity, which always adds value, plus Art Deco styling, plus wartime memories plus vintage fashion plus Paris. I doubt I will ever stumble on something this nice ever again, at least as far as my own tastes go.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

In this case, it's not the perfume, which pretty much sucks. It's scarcity, which always adds value, plus Art Deco styling, plus wartime memories plus vintage fashion plus Paris. I doubt I will ever stumble on something this nice ever again, at least as far as my own tastes go.

You definitely seem to be someone that knows about perfume/scent. Stick around, it's always interesting to see your finds!

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I thought I'd ask:

I read about "No Shave November" last year, but didn't really understand it. Finally, I got some information sometime in October in my post box on the specifics. I am going to attempt to participate in it this year (started on 1 November) and I already had my first person ask me what the deal was with my disgustingly unshaved lip. If anyone else is participating, I'd love to know!

If you'd like to get in on it, read up on prostate cancer awareness. If you have a history of cancer in your family, please consider consulting with your physician on regular check-ups. If you'd like to spread the message that men should maintain their health, do the laziest possible thing for awareness and stop shaving. Dare your boss to give you **** for it :)

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought I'd ask:

I read about "No Shave November" last year, but didn't really understand it. Finally, I got some information sometime in October in my post box on the specifics. I am going to attempt to participate in it this year (started on 1 November) and I already had my first person ask me what the deal was with my disgustingly unshaved lip. If anyone else is participating, I'd love to know!

If you'd like to get in on it, read up on prostate cancer awareness. If you have a history of cancer in your family, please consider consulting with your physician on regular check-ups. If you'd like to spread the message that men should maintain their health, do the laziest possible thing for awareness and stop shaving. Dare your boss to give you **** for it
smile.gif
I'm doing it this year. Hoping to get fired.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started early because I need the head start. I literally grow one millimeter of hair per week. Being Asian has it's disadvantages.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I started early because I need the head start. I literally grow one millimeter of hair per week. Being Asian has it's disadvantages.

Knowing that, I can only say I hope you get fired, Wes, and I hope the unemployment money holds out (seriously, he wants to get fired and I wish him the best in making that happen)!

My beard is seriously terrible. I went ahead and shaved the beard as it's a terrible mix of blonde/dark hair and patchy, at best. I'm going to stick with the moustache until the cops are called. And they will be called.

Where is Spoo on this one, he can grow a beard in the time it takes me to send an SMS, I'd imagine.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Hans, although I know very little compared to some of the collectors I know.

Just further to this, anyone surprised that perfume might have a value is going to be shocked by this eBay auction. (I know I am). Lynx is the British branding for Axe and here is a vintage Lynx currently going for over $100 and there are multiple bidders!

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knowing that, I can only say I hope you get fired, Wes, and I hope the unemployment money holds out (seriously, he wants to get fired and I wish him the best in making that happen)!

My beard is seriously terrible. I went ahead and shaved the beard as it's a terrible mix of blonde/dark hair and patchy, at best. I'm going to stick with the moustache until the cops are called. And they will be called.

Where is Spoo on this one, he can grow a beard in the time it takes me to send an SMS, I'd imagine.

A beard of Versace ties.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks Hans, although I know very little compared to some of the collectors I know.

Just further to this, anyone surprised that perfume might have a value is going to be shocked by this eBay auction. (I know I am). Lynx is the British branding for Axe and here is a vintage Lynx currently going for over $100 and there are multiple bidders!

That's always the case...there is always someone that is faster, better, and knows more. The sooner everyone realizes that, the better off they are. However, you've posted some incredible perfume finds, so I've designated you my go-to person...congrats! :)

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought I'd ask:

If you'd like to get in on it, read up on prostate cancer awareness. If you have a history of cancer in your family, please consider consulting with your physician on regular check-ups. If you'd like to spread the message that men should maintain their health, do the laziest possible thing for awareness and stop shaving. Dare your boss to give you **** for it :)

I'm in this year too. I really wanted to grow a mo and a beard but was told that it's ony moustaches and no beards or goatees during the month (there are actually some rules for this challenge, go figure!).

Shall we have a post off at the end of the month?

Unfortunately my wife has said I'm beginning to look like George Clooney... in O Brother Where Art Thou?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics