1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwardthefirst

edwardthefirst Well-Known Member

@capnwes That Rubinacci tie is fantastic.

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

Put me in coach! That's not too far from my area of where I hit [​IMG]

3. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

Alright Spoo, after looking those deetz pics more closely I've come to the conclusion some details looks real while others scream fake to me. So just to be on the safe side, I'm going to say both are either sample or are fake. I searched the RN# database and the given results was "Bestford USA, Inc." which is the company Evisu is marketed under. This was interesting. Again, a lot of the details on both jeans are pretty quality and are very consistent with the real ones. I guess they could be samples...Yesterday, I listed the reasons why I think both are real and now, here are the reasons why I think both are now fake...

1. The hidden rivets and outer rivets don't resemble the ones I've seen on the real ones. 2. Sizing tags don't look real as they are too short and are missing the silver horizontal stitching. Also, the "Godhead" ink is faded which is also consistent with faked ones. 3. The front pocket printing say "Unquestionable" instead of their usual "Unchangeable." 4. The front pocket printing looks really poorly printed...Why would you spend all of your time and effort to make a pair of jeans with good details but crap out on the pocket printing???!!! 5. The front pocket prints "Japanese Standard" and "Indigo". The real ones I've seen prints "Indigo Genes" and "Japon." 6. On the first pair, the 2 painted gulls are not the same shape. I know they are suppose to be hand painted so they might not be identical but at least they should be the same shape. 7. On the second pair, where are the gulls???!!! They might be worn but to the point where you can't see any remnants of the paint?!

Anyhow, I'm not sure both are 100% fake but I can't say for sure they are 100% real...So, let's just say they are fake to be on the safe side. These are prolly the best fakes ones I've seen. Any denim heads want to pitch in? When all fails, call up @troika [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  4. troika

troika Well-Known Member

Evisu is not my forte, but it is THE most popular faked denim brand out there...by far. The glaring thing that stands out to me is that the sizing info on the patch isn't faded while the gulls and the No.3 is faded, could be the wear pattern but still.

I have to echo the sentiment that the inside tags don't add up. Should look like more like this with that sizing label. Some No3s don't have lengths printed at all though, so that might be the exception.
    [​IMG]

I don't think they're outright fakes, although they certainly could be, but I'm not sure if these could be design samples either. The thing that comes to mind is they could be store owner samples. Brands send out incomplete stuff to store owners sometimes so sellers get a first look about fit/fading etc before they produce full runs and well before the actual drop date.

There was actually a situation in the Self Edge thread recently about how some dude bought a pair of Imperials from a small random store owner who had the pre-production model of a fit that wasn't dropping for a few more months. Dude posted about in the thread wondering what fit they were since the sizing #s didn't add up. Completely blew up the Self Edge launch plans and Kiya got hella mad. Crazy stuff. Anyway, the jeans were hemmed to like a 38" inseam and didn't have the back pocket stitching. If you were to try and decipher them, they would seem like fakes.

5. troika

troika Well-Known Member

Also, @barrelntrigger get some sleep bruh, you got a big day tomorrow.

2 people like this.
  6. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

Haha, it's been awhile since I've worn a tie. I'm staying up practicing how to make da dimple in my 4 in hand...[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. troika

troika Well-Known Member

Saaaame. I'm busting out some florals for you. And some skulls. Every fit needs more skulls

2 people like this.
  8. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Had a really great day in the field today. Some cool finds, nothing worth flipping your desk over, but I had more fun than I can remember having in a long time.

Took in nice scenery, enjoyed the drive and some good music, had awesome food between stops, saw interesting stuff, took home a few things for myself, stopped by my tailor. Finished the day hiking a mountain to watch the sunset. Perfect.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    6 people like this.
  9. size 38R

size 38R Well-Known Member

@SpooPoker : The no'3 s to me look like nice jeans. but i have never seen 3's in person. "The EVISU you are looking for" are the no 2's "Private stock" which i posted 3 days ago.
    [​IMG]

they retail at around $700. so they are always good to find for less than $100. there are many designs. but as a rule of thumb. i would say to look for 2's made in japan. then you know they are legit. (pic is from a rack in a thrift)

10. size 38R

[​IMG]

Is this stash a legit find?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, chillin out talking cars with a guy i met outside this lot. i told him how surprised i was to see all these Auto-Grailz. and he says, "these are all mine, and most are for sale". (Well?) [​IMG]
    so we talked for a few more minutes, then he says "Come and see what we are working on" (omg yes....) inside i saw all of this going on........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Hakouska GTR" replica, with a very special L28 that will make 400hp. this guys attention to detail even blew my mind.( and i am super fussy) that is him, note the plastic on all parts getting test fitted. and the Lotus in pieces behind it.
    [​IMG]
    a TVR Cerbera, getting made faster......

[​IMG]

A Lotus Europa, with "Senna" Badging??????? Ayrton Senna edition???? WTF?!!!!!
    [​IMG]

This Elise is no doubt a weapon on the track. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The "Engine room" was full of Porsche Engines in boxes, the engine for the Hakouska, and Alfa Romeo bits. the magic happens in here.

His ride?
    [​IMG]

Another member might notice a car the same as his in the background, a W8 Passat Wagon.

So why was all this happening?? my new friend asked if the car across the street was mine, i said yes. he asks, do you know the company "JUN"??? yes indeed!
    oh, good. i used to work for them. (insert mind blown gif here) . - he is one of the visionaries behind the JUN masterpieces like the "Hyper Lemon" that Jeremy clarkson test drove.
    [​IMG]
    And yes, he will be helping me to turn my humble "Thriftmobile" in to a monster. because this Ferrari Driver builds The worlds meanest Skylines. [​IMG]
    just an awesome day. with 4 Ferrari's, 2 Porsches, and other classics available for the guy who wants to Kop the next "Thrifted Ferrari" -Serious Buyers only.

#somebodykopthese
    p.s. see you at a future "Cars and Coffee" Spoo. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10 people like this.
  11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

DUDE! Wow… CNC for sure! You coming stateside?

12. size 38R

I will be stateside again, am going to try to bring the car to attend CNC. (shipping and paperwork permitting) perhaps not the next one, but the one after. we got our baby coming this year.
    it WILL Happen though. [​IMG]

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Ready and willing. Able? Not so sure but will try lol

14. size 38R

[​IMG] i am hoping to sell my car at U.S prices once there.[​IMG] just i will need to get help with permits to drive it on U.S roads.(that's the worry) aiming for the 2016 event. our baby will be travel friendly. looking forward to representing there.

BTW: The cars ARE for sale. more exotic Thrift rides coming up soon.

2 people like this.
  15. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

Pants and Shirt from yesterday...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. Tweets

Tweets Well-Known Member

Popped this cherry finally...

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  17. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

HAhaha, I want those orange prl pants.

18. GM-H

GM-H Well-Known Member

19. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

20. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Well-Known Member

Anyone need a Luxman CD player? Thrifted by me and repaired by my dad yesterday. Sounds great, but own about 4 CD's...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.