• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has been awesome lately damn. Got me itching to thrift. Need it to be tomorrow morning... NOW!

Nat- Congrats on the Lobbs! You know you say you're always impressed by what you've found in MN. I'm beginning to think MN is the new LA- first all the Yohji now two pairs of Lobbs?!

silverwarebandit- :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer: on the thrift fit and the finds! NWT Adam Kimmel x Carhart by itself insane- let alone finding it with Kiton and Isaia!

CottonDockers- Lookin' good!

Also it was a couple pages back but DeadBoy- I really like that fit. I've said this before but you should post in waywt thread!

Last edited:

shirtsnmor

Reaction score
I know Mani isn't brag worthy
shog[1].gif
, but I have a question on the maker. I picked up a Made in the USA Mani to flip that seems pretty decent quality. It is 1/2 canvassed based on the pinch test, which I haven't seen before in a Mani. Does anyone know who made the USA line based on the tag which seems a little different?

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got up bright and early this morning to follow in silverwarebandits wake at the new thrift store opening. Sooooooooo much stuff, I could have easely dropped a few hundo, but my judgement got the best of me and I only grabbed a few things. Teaser, yes this is a full suit!!!!

WANT PICS

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have to check in to say that everyone has been doing AMAZING. It's really fun to check new posts on here as it's always something crazy!

cpmac7 & Nat: Congrats on the Lobbs! Unbelievable finds and to see them pop up so close together!

silverwarebandit: Everything was great!

Congrats to all that had posted huge finds recently, I didn't want to go back and do a huge multi-quote.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, and eazy, can't wait to see what that suit looks like.

In other news, my wife and I are going to be travelling to the US at the end of August through September. I'm going to PM some of you guys whose area I'll be visiting. I'm not sure what kind of time/where I'll exactly be as I don't want to make my wife go along while I nerd out with clothing people. Understandable, no? However, when I get an idea on where I'll be, I'll post some details. I actually have more time off from work than my wife, so I'm going to arrive about a week early and drive around 1,000 miles across 1/3 of the country...alone. What has two thumbs and is going to rifle through thrift stores without time constraints?

THIS GUY!

DeadBoy

Reaction score
I like that fit Deadboy. Looks comfy. What guidis?

Also it was a couple pages back but DeadBoy- I really like that fit. I've said this before but you should post in waywt thread!

Thanks fellas. The Guidis are the 995s in donkey. Absolutely love them and they're incredibly comfortable, definitely going to look into getting some backzips in the near future if I can find a good price. And WAYWT is my daily soap opera, I'd feel weird joining the cast.

Thrift fit

edit:
Rag & Bone oilcloth jacket
Engineered Garments round collar (trade with eazye
fistbump.gif
)
Nike Sportwear selvedge chinos
absolutely not thrifted vibergs

Nice fit, would have preferred a different coloured shirt or maybe even just a lighter blue, but looks solid.

Great haul! Those jackets are stunning.

Casual Friday Thrift Fit:

Jacket: J. Crew (thrift)
Shirt: Gitman Vintage for Opening Ceremony (thrift)
Belt: Polo (thrift)
Jeans: Taylor Stitch 8 oz. Kaihara (not thrifted, but on a tip from Troika so it counts!)
Shoes: Vintage Longwings (maybe Florsheim (Wes), maybe Nettleton (MOL)

Very nice. Those jeans are 8oz? Must be nice this summer. Until recently I hadn't been able to wear jeans this month, too damn hot.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! The shoes are definitely a stunning find for me, especially being in Minnesota. I'm not counting on finding a pair ever again (especially in this condition) so I'm trying to soak it all in. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), they are a couple sizes too big for me (12 E and fit like a 13). Even if they fit me, I honestly don't think I'd wear them more than a couple times out of the year at most. I just don't get the opportunity to wear nice suits and shoes that often. I hope to find them a good home where they will be enjoyed.

Damn this thread is heating up.

So going to the opening, there were so many (other) flippers there I didn't have too high hopes, checked out the shoes first. Just some beat to hell gucci bit loafers with 1.5" chunky heels.

But then a nice hickey plaid

NWT Raf Simons??? First raf piece for me! my size!

NWT carhartt... I didn't think too much at first...

but then $414???

!!!

a nice filson wool shirt

An even nicer filson NWT weekend whipcord

EZ by incotex for a friend

Brioni for me

And then things got crazier. A made in Italy tag that doesn't look like its on an unvented J Ferrar jacket?

A nice window pane?

My size, and the cheapest piece I picked up :slayer:

a nice puppy tooth?

Wow! So much crazy stuff. Every piece there is killer. NWT Filson, Raf (mainline) and Carhartt x Kimmel?! Then a Kiton! Mind Blown!:slayer:

Nat- Congrats on the Lobbs! You know you say you're always impressed by what you've found in MN. I'm beginning to think MN is the new LA- first all the Yohji now two pairs of Lobbs?!

Thanks! I'm not sure about it being the new LA, but the stuff I find never ceases to amaze me. :)

Hit one store today. Ran into member MZHammer and had a good chat.

Just a couple finds:

Brioni L/S Linen shirt. XL

Doria/Borsalino Loden Wool Newsboy Cap.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn this thread is heating up.

So going to the opening, there were so many (other) flippers there I didn't have too high hopes, checked out the shoes first. Just some beat to hell gucci bit loafers with 1.5" chunky heels.

But then a nice hickey plaid

NWT Raf Simons??? First raf piece for me! my size!

NWT carhartt... I didn't think too much at first...

but then $414???

!!!

a nice filson wool shirt

An even nicer filson NWT weekend whipcord

EZ by incotex for a friend

Brioni for me

And then things got crazier. A made in Italy tag that doesn't look like its on an unvented J Ferrar jacket?

A nice window pane?

My size, and the cheapest piece I picked up
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

a nice puppy tooth?

Holy crap! Haul of the week!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Very nice. Those jeans are 8oz? Must be nice this summer. Until recently I hadn't been able to wear jeans this month, too damn hot.
Lol, Troika aka The Denim Head hooked me up with a pair of light Uniqlo selvedge jeans, too! Great for summer!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So glad they fit you my dude, those are awesome. Just rocked mine all over Israel and Spain in the unforgiving heat. Love taylor stitch.

Great haul! Those jackets are stunning.

Casual Friday Thrift Fit:

Jacket: J. Crew (thrift)
Shirt: Gitman Vintage for Opening Ceremony (thrift)
Belt: Polo (thrift)
Jeans: Taylor Stitch 8 oz. Kaihara (not thrifted, but on a tip from Troika so it counts!)
Shoes: Vintage Longwings (maybe Florsheim (Wes), maybe Nettleton (MOL)

Why is my future ex-wife in your avatar?

Holy crap! Haul of the week!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Lol, Troika aka The Denim Head hooked me up with a pair of light Uniqlo selvedge jeans, too! Great for summer!

Aidan K

Reaction score
Hit six stores today, but it was pretty dry. Found a pair of nwt Brooks Bros chinos in my size, and this tie. Legit?

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out to ceasarc I don't even mind it took so long to ship I love the shoes
Also I bought a black belt from someone on here like 4 weeks ago and have yet to get anything or hear any update I am not mad given my own tendency for super slow shipping but if you could just pm me to l me know when it's going out...

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charvet NWT x3 (Marshalls)

Purple/Green one is a linen silk blend that is absolutely :slayer:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knowww...so out of the loop on the thrifting thread. Not even trying to catch up at this point.

Gonna plug Taylor Stitch since I'm at 2 pairs from them. Great dudes, and def worth a visit to the shop if anyone is in SF.

Troika lives!

DeadBoy - the Kaihara 8 oz. are awesome, super light and perfect for summer. I am no denim expert, but I highly recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads