• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sooooo I went thrifting for the first time and actually bought a few things, nothing crazy 2 phineas cole shirts and a great y'apre shirt all available will post pics and sizes later.
Update: on the tom ford suit scammer wrongwroks and his other sf name m0bbie Rachapoll Phromyarat scammer, someone hacked his skype and spoke to him, he straight up admitted he did it and said thats what he does for a living, apparently he lives in Bangkok, he said he wont scam the same person twice and hes not going to return the money or the suit, (I wish the mods could verify with ip addresses) so heres a warning to you guys.

So sad to hear.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the know - fake/real? Kop or not?

No labels at all in the inside, and the "G" shaped zipper pull causes me concern.

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Hans - I think that jacket is awesome, who cares if it only gets one use a year. It's worth it.
Hans: That leather motorcycle jacket is killer! I'd rock it every chance I got if it were mine! :slayer:
Yeah that leather jacket is pretty nice.
Thanks! It's one of those things that I'll keep no matter what. I just need to actively try to wear it. I'm sure a child of mine, sometime down the line, will be thrilled to find that thing in my closet. :D
Mezlan Genuine Crocodile Loafers (N/A)
And then this bad boy... Chocolate Brown RLPL Suit - Hacking & Ticking Pockets, Throat Latch, Flat Front Pants w/ Side Adjusters)
It fits me at a size 40, so it is temporarily unavailable - but do I really need a brown suit? Do I really need any suits? Decisions, decisions...
The loafers look really nice, and that suit! :slayer: Hang onto it until you're 100% sure you won't wear it!
Shipton & Heneage. Brown suede loafers. 9E
Love those! ^^
Quick help needed. Real or fake.
I'm terrible at this game...real? Most of the fakes I find the gold stamp and then 3-4mm by that an impression of where the machine (or whatever it is) missed. I can usually see it when I angle it in the light, it's off.
Anyone in the know - fake/real? Kop or not? No labels at all in the inside, and the "G" shaped zipper pull causes me concern.
See above, but it doesn't look great. Does Ferragamo use nylon zippers on things or only metal?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
These are the same trousers I wore on Wednesday. Different blue blazer, shirt, tie, etc. I am posting this as I was able to try out this hat. It's a bit (lot) much, I know, but it was a sunny spring afternoon today and I had the opportunity to have some fun. I love the hat, it's a Borsalino in a rare ivory color, but I don't know how often I'll wear it. Anyway, I also wanted to give a big thanks to ChetBakerSings for this tie.

A big thanks to ChetBakerSings and Cotton Dockers for recent deals!

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

a selvedge denim made in USA with what seems to be bible verse references

air max 90 with weird colorway

pendleton

I'm not familiar with 3sixteen, but looks good to me...

Those Nikes may look weird today, but in the early 90s, that was the norm.

I'm not a fan of Pendletons with elbow patches, but still a cool find.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Points of interest:

- I saw a Large green suede vest made by JRiggings, not sure if anyone wanted. Might grab for thrift bro.
- vintage LL Bean corduroy plaid shirts -- worth grabbing?

Thrift pics to come:

- Wool Theory pants, ridiculous retail, will make nice shorts.
- Wool BR pants from that 1-2 years they were really awesome (seriously), will also make nice shorts.
- Another vintage Tommy Hilfiger that looks like an Our Legacy Great Shirt (MOPs, don't be hatin')
- plus much, much more!

LeeroyDaBoy

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've got a quick question. My TJ Maxx has recently had some pretty good stuff in stock ("Runway" for men). I grabbed a polo shirt from Brunello Cucinelli and one from Brioni at $99 each. They had what looked like Barney's price tags still attached. The Cucinelli was tagged at $445 and the Brioni at $595 originally. Good deals?

Also, I grabbed a Kiton dress shirt that had an original Barney's price tag of $1095 for $59. There were 2 others tagged originally at around $600 each that I didn't pick up. Should I go back and get them too?

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sooooo I went thrifting for the first time and actually bought a few things, nothing crazy 2 phineas cole shirts and a great y'apre shirt all available will post pics and sizes later.
Update: on the tom ford suit scammer wrongwroks and his other sf name m0bbie Rachapoll Phromyarat scammer, someone hacked his skype and spoke to him, he straight up admitted he did it and said thats what he does for a living, apparently he lives in Bangkok, he said he wont scam the same person twice and hes not going to return the money or the suit, (I wish the mods could verify with ip addresses) so heres a warning to you guys.

Any members in the Bangkok area? Or visiting soon? Somebody oughtta track this assclown down.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

a Kiton dress shirt that had an original Barney's price tag of $1095 for $59. There were 2 others tagged originally at around $600 each that I didn't pick up. Should I go back and get them too?

At $60? Yes. Be sure to keep the tags on, then sell, sell, sell... :slayer:

(Actually, if you plan to sell, just check eBay's completed listings and see what they go for to determine whether the profit [and the wait] is worth it)

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today
Sorry for the crappy lighting. Note the awesome red cords and the highly disCORDant black shoos. Didn't get the smile or pose quite right, and not sure I captured the spirit of the style. But I did my best.
Paul Stuart, J Crew J Press Rooster RLPL ancient madder Brooks Brothers Pantherella Church's Custom Grade
Whitebalance sucked today. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads