• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^
I remember someone here selling an RG that didn't have it. It had something to do with someone had modified the shirt to have it straight (i.e. no scalloped shirttails) along the bottom. The buyer was not happy - he wanted those words.

Quick thrift fit. I started a new job on Monday, in an office environment, so I'll have plenty of opportunity to explore my wardrobe pieces.

I've been wondering what to do with this vintage (1950s) HT jacket. It's easy to wear with denim but I thought I'd try something different today. Entire outfit thrifted.

• Beautiful HT jacket with 3-roll-2 lapels, from the Hudson's Bay Co.
  • Zara slim fit shirt
  • Etro tie
  • PRL cords
  • AE Del-rays in chocolate suede
  • No name cotton PS with cool edging and border colours

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^
I remember someone here selling an RG that didn't have it. It had something to do with someone had modified the shirt to have it straight (i.e. no scalloped shirttails) along the bottom. The buyer was not happy - he wanted those words.

Quick thrift fit. I started a new job on Monday, in an office environment, so I'll have plenty of opportunity to explore my wardrobe pieces.

I've been wondering what to do with this vintage (1950s) HT jacket. It's easy to wear with denim but I thought I'd try something different today. Entire outfit thrifted.
  • Zara slim fit shirt
  • Etro tie
  • PRL cords

Now That, Gentlemen. Is a Thrift Fit.

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All joking aside, does anyone here besides VLSI, caseyfud and acosbysweater ever actually look in SW&D? A quick scroll should be enough to disabuse many of the notions around what's desirable to that crowd (at least, the Styleforum SW&D crowd).

the same could be said about dudes posting stuff in here that's not desirable to the Styleforum MC crowd.

• Zara slim fit shirt
  • Etro tie
  • PRL cords

:thumbs-up:

lookin good man. Never thought I'd see vintage tweed and Etro (aka Roberto Grammelli) in the same outfit but that looks great.

quoting my finds from last night in a sad, transparent attempt to get attention and praise from you guys. mainline zegna STAPLE suit IN MY SIZE? bad ass EP's shirt, possibly the first time that brand has been posted in this thread? size small baron wells shirt, possibly only the second time this brand has been posted (the first time being ME, last year). COME ON DUDES.

zegna solid flannel suit 56EU :slayer: :D :nodding: :bounce2:

EP's (epaulet) shirt in pink (i believe) chambray sz XL:

baron wells thin flannel shirt sz S:
08VgCX0.jpg

(baron wells is available for trade / homies)

Last edited:

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double post

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nat, have whomever is taking the pics hold the camera around chest height (above the nips/below the lips :lol: ) to avoid the lens distortion that happens when taking head to toe shots that close. Looks good!

:lol:

That would be my wife. She took them as quick as possible while saying "This is stupid!".

Studio D' Artisan  selvedge jeans 30's not available and 32's Available but dibbed until further notice. got because Barrel said they are good.

went home before i bought 3 pairs of Sugar canes, and some Iron hearts. all 30's.

Talk about thrift synergy! Studio D' Artisan popping up twice in one week!? WTF!

quoting my finds from last night in a sad, transparent attempt to get attention and praise from you guys. mainline zegna STAPLE suit IN MY SIZE? bad ass EP's shirt, possibly the first time that brand has been posted in this thread? size small baron wells shirt, possibly only the second time this brand has been posted (the first time being ME, last year). COME ON DUDES.

Not sure how I missed this one! Killer finds! The EP's and Baron Wells are killer. I'd be all over the B Wells shirt if it were on the other end of the size spectrum.

Last edited:

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
Nataku,

think this may have been missed the other day. Either way, let me know brah.
Nat, what size shoe are you? Not vietnam era, but I have a pair of black Bellevue military boots with steel toes, size 12 I think. I got them from the BX when I worked on a military base. If your interested, let me know and I'll send them over.
cheers.gif

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the same could be said about dudes posting stuff in here that's not desirable to the Styleforum MC crowd.
:thumbs-up:

lookin good man. Never thought I'd see vintage tweed and Etro (aka Roberto Grammelli) in the same outfit but that looks great.

How did I miss this? That Zegna is awesome.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow just read through a weeks posts, I feel accomplished today, need to post my recent finds, some mindblowing prices on some ridonkulus stuff (even for me) just a teaser ,partenopea, balmain, zegna isaia hermes berluti tom ford etc etc etc

Last edited:

Evil Abed

Reaction score
I can't believe I forgot to mention this during the last haunted stuff derail. You all should read Christopher Moore's "A Dirty Job" (and all his books, which are hilarious).
Such a funny book, totally forgot about it though it sits on my shelf (along with a few others of his). An easy, enjoyable read. Who did you have in your mind playing the role of Minty Fresh while you read it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads