• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
here's a good portion of my haul yesterday. Not pictured are the sport coat, top coat, tie and pocket squares i got for 70% off of the outlet price which is 1/2 of retail

first up is the ties. mostly good makers and a couple lower ends that i just liked the pattern.

the zegna in this pic is an "exclusive design" and feels fantastic.

Hoping this versace is legit and any insight as to the quality of the ties/maker of the ties on the left is appreciated. the quality is very good and they feel awesome so i snagged them

is this lanvin any good? i liked the color and feel of it so i bought it since it fills a need for me.

These next 2 im having issues authenticating....any insight? the zegna is super thick and high quality. the chanel tie feels about like a hermes tie in quality and thickness

NWT belt in my size....brought to you by the makers of "skeet blanket"

also this brooks brothers belt made in italy in sz40.

NWT orvis flat front sz38 field pants

shell baby! florsheim imperials in my size. they need some polishing and some color loving but i should be able to clean them up

faconnable made in italy sport coat. who makes these for them again??

canali 44r.

check out this bad ass vintage 100% cashmere sport coat. super soft, just pure bad ass! about a 40-42r

shirts

check out these bad boys! soft wool tweed PRL made in italy by corneliani. flat front and cuffed about a 36x34 id imagine.

Loro Piana size 56 cashmere. color is more of a maroon pics are too bright

Kiton Cashmere SC in my size. was cheaper then the JAB one right next to it on both sides lol

also found this Bombay Co. caddy for $14. ive passed on a bunch of old ones i just couldnt pull the trigger on. glad i waited.

Last edited:

torz

Reaction score
Willis and Geiger shirt...

BB 1818 america 39R

Also BB 1818 39R this time italy

Nino Cerrutti SC america

Charles Tyrwhitt 40R suit, pants 32

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alexandre Harris Tweed - 42R

Austin Reed Tweed 42R

Harris Tweed - 42L - Can this please count as my first Barbour???

Supper Herringbone Tweed - 48L

Kersey Wool Top Coat - 38R

Vintage Chaps Tweed - 40R

Corneliani Wool/Cashmere Suit - 38R 30/29

Corneliani SC - 44L

Gant Tweed - 42R

Gokey Boots - 8.5 D

Harris Tweed - 48R-48L

Green Sack Tweed - 43R

Hanover Monk Chukka - 8 D

Hanover Longwings - 11 D/B

Harris Tweed Top Coat 40L

HF Tie - duh

I know I know - Lanvin Beige and Brass - 42R

Vintage LL Bean Field Jacket/Chore Coat - Smallish

Lord John DB SC - 38R

Plaid Sack SC - 48L

Neiman Marcus Blue Brass - 40L

Pendleton Tweed - 40R

Burgundy Jacket - 46XL

Gun Check Tweed - 42R

Vintage Schott Rancher - 40R

Southwick Blue Brass - 42R

Green Check Tweed - 40R

To Boot NY - 10 D

Two pairs of Trafalgar Braces

Harris Tweed - 40R

Woolrich Norfolk - Missing belt - Large

YSL Velvet SC - 38L

Last edited:

thriftydood

Reaction score
Nice ties.

The Versace is real and recent. The self-tipped Zegna is real, and it's part of their premium line. I'm not sure on the Chanel.

Quote:
here's a good portion of my haul yesterday. Not pictured are the sport coat, top coat, tie and pocket squares i got for 70% off of the outlet price which is 1/2 of retail

first up is the ties. mostly good makers and a couple lower ends that i just liked the pattern.

Hoping this versace is legit and any insight as to the quality of the ties/maker of the ties on the left is appreciated. the quality is very good and they feel awesome so i snagged them

is this lanvin any good? i liked the color and feel of it so i bought it since it fills a need for me.

These next 2 im having issues authenticating....any insight? the zegna is super thick and high quality. the chanel tie feels about like a hermes tie in quality and thickness

Last edited:

Dolfan954

Reaction score

smiley-shocked003.gif

Awesome haul!

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@CS: The Faconnable is Cantarelli.

And that Kiton made me audibly gasp. ******* gorgeous.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More pics from today... Orvis, Filson, Patagonia, Brooks Brothers.

Orvis Fleece Shirt (XL -available)

Original Filson Shirt (I think, can anyone confirm?). No tag, might be medium. Fits me, but I don't really need it.

Brooks Brothers plaid sport shirt. All mine...

Patagonia Expedition Weight Capilene. Made in the USA... Early/mid 90s. Funny thing is that I used to have one just like this. Now I do again! And at roughly $95 off retail!

Last edited:

jchosko

Reaction score
@CS: I haven't been here for awhile, and I'm glad I checked in because my mind just exploded when I saw your haul. I've never seen so much amazing stuff from one trip. The 2 cashmere jackets are amazing, and though I personally like the pattern on the Craig Williamson's more, the Kiton is just a rare-ass find, and in your size to boot! That orange neat print Di Cori tie is great too...and Florsheim RI shells in your size...It's all so crazy...I'd better hit some thrifts this week...it's been too long.

Last edited:

csoukoulis

Reaction score

Nice ties. The Versace is real and recent. The self-tipped Zegna is real, and it's part of their premium line. I'm not sure on the Chanel. Quote:
awesome. i love that zegna tie and was hoping it was legit. its so nice id still wear it if it wasnt though LOL
Versace, Chanel and Zegna are real - Versace is from 2005.
thank you sir! I forgot to light up the spoo signal, but you still came through like a G
smiley-shocked003.gif
Awesome haul!
thanks!
@CS: I haven't been here for awhile, and I'm glad I checked in because my mind just exploded when I saw your haul. I've never seen so much amazing stuff from one trip. The 2 cashmere jackets are amazing, and though I personally like the pattern on the Craig Williamson's more, the Kiton is just a rare-ass find, and in your size to boot! That orange neat print Di Cori tie is great too...and Florsheim RI shells in your size...It's all so crazy...I'd better hit some thrifts this week...it's been too long.
i like the pattern on the vintage on too and am heartbroken it isnt my size :(
@CS: The Faconnable is Cantarelli. And that Kiton made me audibly gasp. ******* gorgeous.
I thought it was cantarelli but couldn't remember.i guess that's better than the "holy ****!" i let out in the middle of the store when i opened the jacket up LOL

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

here's a good portion of my haul yesterday. Not pictured are the sport coat, top coat, tie and pocket squares i got for 70% off of the outlet price which is 1/2 of retail first up is the ties. mostly good makers and a couple lower ends that i just liked the pattern.
NWT belt in my size....brought to you by the makers of "skeet blanket"
also this brooks brothers belt made in italy in sz40.
NWT orvis flat front sz38 field pants
shell baby! florsheim imperials in my size. they need some polishing and some color loving but i should be able to clean them up
faconnable made in italy sport coat. who makes these for them again??
canali 44r.
check out this bad ass vintage 100% cashmere sport coat. super soft, just pure bad ass! about a 40-42r
shirts
check out these bad boys! soft wool tweed PRL made in italy by corneliani. flat front and cuffed about a 36x34 id imagine.
Loro Piana size 56 cashmere. color is more of a maroon pics are too bright
Kiton Cashmere SC in my size. was cheaper then the JAB one right next to it on both sides lol
also found this Bombay Co. caddy for $14. ive passed on a bunch of old ones i just couldnt pull the trigger on. glad i waited.
I rock Gucci, Louis, Polo The dollar sign my logo
(apologies to 2 Chainz for messing with his lyrics just a little)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads