• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree I think it is acceptable to thrift either super crispy raw that you can fade yourself or super duper faded old as hell raw that would take you years to accomplish I personal own one of each of those Lvc and Apc respectively both hooked up from forum members

These are the super crispy kind.

And my retail denim is supposedly on its way.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went out last night and picked up a BB jacket and some ties. The ties are BB maker and one Burrberrys of london... Would anyone know wha kKind of BB jacket this is? I'm thinking 1818, but it could be a different line. I think I'm going to go back and get the older BB maker ties from the 60's/70's also.

It's the kind you should avoid coping in the future due to it being an orphan.

I wear underwear so if i piss my pants enough to soak through those, i guess i need to see a doctor lol

You can also double the tighty whities for double the protection!

To de-thriftify those Nudies, should I go with this method, or is there something better? The freezer, perhaps, and then just a soak?

I would just soak them. I just soaked and dried my West is Dead selvedge. Took 2 days to dry with minimal indigo loss. My 22 oz. elephant 2 took 4 days to dry!
ffffuuuu.gif

Next thing, you'll be telling us that thrifting underwear is a bad idea...
decisions.gif

*Gasp! It is?
patch[1].gif

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, the raw denim stuff sounds like a PITA...

I wash my denim in the washing machine with cold water and air dry them. Seems to work pretty well on the relatively normal stuff (the jeans I have are like 3% spandex). Hopefully I'll find some good stuff some time soon to try out.
cool.gif

That sounds like a PITA... I just don't wash my raw denim

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift fit

Oxxford Onwentsia SC from Capnwes
CT blue shirt from HenryBoogers
Piatelli tie from eBay
Majer chocolate flannel pants thrifted by me
Alfred Sargent snuff suede chukkas from AFPOS (sale)
and my Cashmere Pantharellas finally came from the Wingtip sale... SOOO soft

staxringold

Reaction score
Today was so close to my best thrifting day ever, but frustratingly no. Clearly some my-sized (all 18 or 17.5) guy with solid taste just died (or redid his wardrobe or whatever). Literally 20 Zegnas, and another 8-10 Canalis and Brionis. But almost all of them were marked up to $25. Grabbed a quick taste though:

Not available. Hilariously enough, despite ranges of markups ($9, $12, $25), the Borelli was the only one from this guy at their regular shirt price.

Surprising amount of good-enough-to-think-about stuff. Kilgour jacket, couple peak lapel DB suits (Boss, Armani Collezoni)... Anyone know the quality of Hart Schaffner Marx Traveler suits? Fabric felt nice, would've taken a shot if it was my size.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hit three stores and nothing. :fu:

Passed on a couple old Zegna suits with holes on the sleeves.

I did find this new-in-box (but old - offer for a free fryer basket on the front expired May of 1978) Fry Baby. I've been looking for a deep fryer, so at least something was accomplished today.

Also found this NWT purple wool/cashmere blend flag sweater from Benjamin Bixby w/ elbow patches. XL Available

Last edited:

46n2

Reaction score
Ascot Chang X 3, Incotex 32X32, NWT Giordana cycling jersey, a cool Magritte tie, and a new Sock Monkey jack in the box for the wee lad. all available except sock monkey : )

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Free stuff, offered here before I give it to goodwill.

totally free, just pay me shipping, $5 for shirt, $12 for the jacket

8S7rIFq.jpg

brooks brothers luxury fabric linen cotton shirt. 15 neck 32 sleeves

ZYsVd51.jpg

venanzi sportcoat. 3 roll 2, 3 patch pockets, dual vent. not sure who made it, no tags, think saint andrews. marked 44. feels like wool cashmere blend. there is a small mothhole somewhere on this jacket, too lazy to find it, but it's somewhere not very noticeable. 23" pit to pit 25" sleeves

r2KaVIC.jpg

button down collar viyella shirt. Medium

sMn2ySg.jpg

hugo boss regular fit polo. Large

wbwRoeR.jpg

green Dan Roma shirt. thick MOp buttons. medium

A1qiOHV.jpg

zegna spread collar long sleeve shirt. tagged IV / L

Ls3tbRp.jpg

new (MOS) brooks brothers 346 slim fit pink polo. XL

3mOREhF.jpg

ghiradelli long sleeve linen shirt. yellow white/blue stripes. XL

6iNo9E8.jpg

light gray zegna l/s spread collar. us 17 / eu 43 long. chunky buttons on this one too

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fishy went thrifting again...

Once again I'm way behind on stuff so I can't post everything, but here are a couple things that I really want to get out there.

I'd just like to put this one out there. Hopefully it won't be considered an ad, because I'm making no money on it, I just figured someone would love to have this, even though it's a fixer-upper.

44Ls report in!

UP FOR ADOPTION: Amazeballs Corneliani sport coat that will need a bit of reweaving work

P2P 22.5
Sleeves 25.5
Waist 21.5
TGL: 34
Shoulder 20
Unvented
I originally picked this guy up to sell- somehow I managed to miss the two moth holes.
ffffuuuu.gif
One is on the inside of a sleeve, the other the inside of the jacket.

However, this piece is absolutely gorgeous, and I really don't want to see it go to waste! Great wool, functional cuffs, general sweetness. If you want it, it's yours for cost + shipping, just PM me. I know somebody here will love this guy to death.

Okay, now on to the regular old "available"s.

Sweet ass Southwick suit, sz 40! Vintage with some repairs for a popped seam in the sleeve, but sweet pattern!

Measurements are all in inches.

P2P 20.5
Shoulders 17.5
Waist 19.5
Sleeves 24
Trouser waist: 31
(FLAT FRONT)
Trouser inseam 30 with 2 to work with
Trouser width at leg opening 9

Equally gorgeous vintage BB lavender and yellow micro houndstooth check shirt. (16C32S) Tiny discoloration at the bottom- waaaaay beyond the area that’s tucked in and hardly even noticeable besides (I didn't see it till I was taking pictures)

Measurements

Collar 16
Sleeves: 32
TGL 33
P2P: 24
Shoulders: 19

NWT BBM tie with a classic amazing pattern anyone? A bit lighter than it looks in the pic. Tiny thread pull in the tied area of the tie, so it'll never be seen. 3.5 at widest.

Absurdly awesome MacAlan cashmere sweater, size L, made in Scotland. Thickest cashmere I've ever felt. I was SOOOO sure something would be wrong with it, but it's PERFECT. Like I shined a 700-lumen flashlight up on it full-blast to check for holes and it's opaque everywhere! Awesomesauce :)

Shoulders: 22 in
Chest : 24in
Sleeves 23 ½
Total length including collar : 26 in

Last edited:

amadar

Reaction score
Not a thrift find, but discount store. Not getting into price details, but lets just say I paid a good deal less than the $10k MSRP :)

54L EU. Available :devil:

Last edited:

rayxlui

Reaction score

Not a thrift find, but discount store. Not getting into price details, but lets just say I paid a good deal less than the $10k MSRP :)

54L EU. Available :devil:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sup
first off I am offering this to anyone on the forum at cost (paid 55) still has tags on sized medium just a little too small for me gant rugger rugby

passed on these today, size 12 cole haan single monk pebble grain... can proxy...

mp906

Reaction score
Dibs on the jacket, zegna shirts, and hugo boss polo. PM sent

8S7rIFq.jpg

ZYsVd51.jpg

venanzi sportcoat. 3 roll 2, 3 patch pockets, dual vent. not sure who made it, no tags, think saint andrews. marked 44. feels like wool cashmere blend. there is a small mothhole somewhere on this jacket, too lazy to find it, but it's somewhere not very noticeable. 23" pit to pit 25" sleeves

r2KaVIC.jpg

sMn2ySg.jpg

wbwRoeR.jpg

A1qiOHV.jpg

Ls3tbRp.jpg

3mOREhF.jpg

6iNo9E8.jpg

light gray zegna l/s spread collar. us 17 / eu 43 long. chunky buttons on this one too

8S7rIFq.jpg

ZYsVd51.jpg

r2KaVIC.jpg

sMn2ySg.jpg

wbwRoeR.jpg

A1qiOHV.jpg

Ls3tbRp.jpg

3mOREhF.jpg

6iNo9E8.jpg

8S7rIFq.jpg

ZYsVd51.jpg

r2KaVIC.jpg

sMn2ySg.jpg

wbwRoeR.jpg

A1qiOHV.jpg

Ls3tbRp.jpg

3mOREhF.jpg

6iNo9E8.jpg

8S7rIFq.jpg

ZYsVd51.jpg

r2KaVIC.jpg

sMn2ySg.jpg

wbwRoeR.jpg

A1qiOHV.jpg

Ls3tbRp.jpg

3mOREhF.jpg

6iNo9E8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads