• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, shoutout to my boy eazy motherfuckin E for the deal on thet gian luca sc posted earlier.....my wallet was alot happier when i wasnt on the site for a few months LOL
Whelp, I guess I know who beat me to the punch....
Spoo's Thrift Trip Day 1
Areas covered : NY Items purchased : 35 Stores hit : 5 Notables : - RL 100% cashmere - Turnbull & Asser by MG - 4x Polo Corneliani - 2x Zegna 15 mil 15 - Matched a Zegna orphan to its pants in 2 stores 40 miles away - Made in England POW coat to make you lose your mind - Loden cape 4 days, 4 states to go... That is badass, but not for me, I need deconstructed shoulders, not linebacker ones :)
Pics. Or. It. Didn't. Happen. Nobody is immune (says the guy who posts brags without pics way too freaking often) Oh, and dibs on 42R :hide:
nobody take this personally but there has been a lot of total garbage posted in this thread recently. PROCEED
no ****! People...we come in here to brag about nice high end **** we find, NOT ragged out/unwearable/way out of style high end ****, or polyester ties, or 29.99 msrp donald trump shirts. Have to sift through 10 posts of garbage to see anything worth a **** lol
Hopefully this will get us back on track: Pristine, solid gray DB/peak lapel overcoat Made in England for Barney's. Fits snug on me, so I'd guess a 40R. Available. :spam: Cross posting to label thread for ID, if possible. I'd also be bragging about the badass new camera I got for Christmas, except that I left the battery at my MIL's, and can't take pictures. :brick: :facepalm:

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Pics. Or. It. Didn't. Happen. Nobody is immune (says the guy who posts brags without pics way too freaking often)

Oh of course. Was going to do the whole northeast tour wrap-up later on in the week. Still have states to hit, nahmean?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love little surprises you didnt notice in the store. Anyone see what made me :bounce2: on this?

Last edited:

rayxlui

Reaction score

cbusguy

Reaction score
Is Lanvin worth picking up?

This pretty bold. Bright teal and linen.

Burberry Tie. Is this vintage?

Oxxford Sport Coat. Size 46L.

Brooks Brothers Sport Coat. I think this is Golden Fleece. It has really nice shell buttons. Too bad it is a 48R.

Hickey Freeman Boardroom. Size 43R

Is this good Gant? Has suede elbow patches. Size 40R

Bad? I think this is the Alan Flusser for Stein Mart. Size 42R

Keeping:
Burberry DB jacket. An orphan, but it was too cheap to pass up and it fit me really well. Might come in handy for a costume.

Vintage London Fog Overcoat. This is brand new. The Pockets are still sewn shut.

100% Camel Hair Brooks Brothers Sport Coat.

Last edited:

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Wow, apparently there was a sale on clown shoes nationwide.

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brooks Brothers Sport Coat. I think this is Golden Fleece. It has really nice shell buttons. Too bad it is a 48R.

[/IMG]

If it doesn't say "Golden Fleece" it is not Golden Fleece. If that jacket was made in the last few years it is Southwick MTM.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm nominating that Eric Glennie tie as find of the year next year. Those were good times.
I'm back from vacation tomorrow night--I found some pretty good stuff that should raise the spirit of the thread if no one posts anything better in the meantime.

Eric Glennie tie = find of the year, hands down.

Tell us a story Uncle Spoo

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Lanvin worth picking up?

This pretty bold. Bright teal and linen.

Burberry Tie. Is this vintage?

Oxxford Sport Coat. Size 46L.

Hickey Freeman Boardroom. Size 43R

Is this good Gant? Has suede elbow patches. Size 40R

Bad? I think this is the Alan Flusser for Stein Mart. Size 42R

Keeping:
Burberry DB jacket. An orphan, but it was too cheap to pass up and it fit me really well. Might come in handy for a costume.

Vintage London Fog Overcoat. This is brand new. The Pockets are still sewn shut.

100% Camel Hair Brooks Brothers Sport Coat.

Not the Lanvin you want. The Burberry are both pre-1999 (old tag). Anything for Stein Mart is a no-go. Gant with the red box is the bad Gant. Nothing London Fog is brag-worthy, even new.

CesarC

Reaction score
Nicely done! If it doesn't work out and it turns out the measurements were slightly off (in my favor), you know where to send it...
Just won this.... what am I missing or should I be as happy as I am right now?
decisions.gif

No clue what the color is going to be like and really prob too long, BUT too good to pass up. I'd pay that at a thrift store just to flip in 5 milliseconds.

EBAY - Paul Stuart Orange/Pink/Cinnamon Silk/Linen/Wool Sportcoat- 36R

lol8[1].gif

Quote:
Damn, that is nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye
I heard that, so about this POW overcoat......
peepwall[1].gif
And my 2 favorites. Goodwill employee brought out fresh racks, checked it and found coat #1.

Oh yeah and it was 25% off all clothing, so less than $9 each. Both fit as well
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

(P.S. Bought a **** ton of stuff today, but as much of it actually fit me, I will try to be a little more curated this time around)

rayxlui

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads