1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tben

tben Well-Known Member

RLBL Large
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BB Medium
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EZ Small
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Psycho Bunny Size 8-XXL?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bills MP2 34x32
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ferragamo, Bean Boots, Alden-Need a resole
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alpha, K1, Alhpa All 33x32
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MZhammer

MZhammer Well-Known Member

Foam was good. GF veto'd them because she thought the were ugly [​IMG]

3. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Are Ledbury shirts decent? This is a first for me in many years of thrifting... I know they advertise on SF.

[​IMG]

4. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Well-Known Member

Hey Nataku, just like Brianpore did the super helpful roundup of manufacturers' labels, you should do a similar roundup of which (if any) camo patterns are desirable and valuable. I know you've mentioned one or two before, and I always wonder when I'm in a militaria-type store.

1 person likes this.
  5. codhead

codhead Well-Known Member

I found probably the strangest tie I've ever seen today. What appeared to be a simple black silk tie from Liberty of London, given the dimensions (2.5" wide), I'd estimate it at 1960s. Nothing really special until I turned it over and found this:

[​IMG]

A spider, a fscking SPIDER FFS. Crafted in Swavorski crystals and black beads.

I first thought that someone may have bought the tie and then applied their personal design but looking at the back of the blade:

[​IMG]

It appears to me that this was sold as seen. I'm still asking myself why though

6. AHS

AHS Well-Known Member

Going off-topic here.... but does anyone know about Soviet Union era cameras?

Picked this up because... well... because it's kind of cool. No idea if it works.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AHS

7. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

Thanks! Agreed on the wash...or is it the DRY? I think the P.O. tossed it into the drier regularly. Oh well.

Thanks for the thumb, Noob!

8. IRKSM

IRKSM Well-Known Member

Just dropped a fat load at the tailor expect some thrift fits in a couple weeks. It was my largest tailoring bill ever but it was worth it since we talked about super future and Japanese proxies and he showed me some vintage A2 leather jackets he is repairing

1 person likes this.
  9. LeSacre

LeSacre Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Found this pocket square in a V2 Versace sport coat. Time to play "Is This Thing Real?!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

Super duper tame, from what I hear, by "overseas" standards. Don't they have vending machines with used undies? Thrift fit. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Etro CT slim non-iron Drakes cashmere Unknown raw silk hand rolled Trafalgar suede belt Isaia aquachino* Panthy wool blend Bally suede *Technically, following this picture, I changed the trou because I realized these don't fit me well, and I'll be parting with them soon. But what I did wear were Borrellis in the same color and material, so I feel like it counts.
    Hit a few stores. Found the good Marshalls. Tons of Versace, Zegna, and other stuff. All massively overpriced. Is Costumes Nasionales any good? They had a decent silk knit crunchy tie. Did hit a few more stores. Borrelli shirt, Brioni tie and a handful of Paul Stuart custom made tweeds. No pics of those, but will be posting the highlights from the past few weeks later tonight.

1 person likes this.
  11. sn0wman

sn0wman Well-Known Member

Hey.. picked up 3 staple bespoke suits made last year by Astor & Black. Really nice material and handiwork - working cuffs, 2 vent "belt", etc.... ​
    Not many on ebay for history - but there appear to be a number of threads about them on here. Looking forward to reading about it.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Nataku

Nataku Well-Known Member

Yup. Definitely an automatic buy for me unless way overpriced.

13. Reigningchamp

Reigningchamp Well-Known Member

Cole Haan Loafers size 11, available
    [​IMG]

Polo seersucker pants.
    [​IMG]
    YSL tie, available
    [​IMG]

14. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

Some highlights from last few weeks. Available unless denoted "NA"
    Paul Stuart USA made, green birdseye, dual vent, 41 [​IMG] Paul Stuart blue birdseye, Samuelsohn, dual vent, 41 [​IMG] Oxxford 3 spring summer [​IMG] Paul Stuart twed [​IMG] Incredibly cool, maker unknown, kid suede SC, throat latch, hacking pockets with ticket pocket, dual vent. You know. That kind of thing. NA [​IMG] Super recent super unused super staple solid gray flannel Burberry London by HF, 42R [​IMG]
    Lorenzini [​IMG] CIT. No idea who this is, but the color is awesome, construction is pretty good and buttons are pearl. [​IMG] Talbott best f class. The largest, sexiest MOP buttons I've ever seen. [​IMG] T&A sea island [​IMG] Zegna [​IMG] New & Lingwood x 2 [​IMG] [​IMG] Etro [​IMG] MMM [​IMG] Barbour [​IMG]
    Hilditch by Drakes [​IMG] T&A [​IMG] Is this the Made in Italy, hand rolled 100% cotton Balmain I'm looking for? NA [​IMG] Dirty old man tie. Damaged to hell, but kinda funny and cheap. [​IMG][​IMG] J Press LAX tie [​IMG] Rooster India madras [​IMG] Canali [​IMG] T&A [​IMG] Paul Smith mainline [​IMG] Battistoni [​IMG] Robbed a Zegna store. All current label. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Gucci (NA) [​IMG]
    Magli suede [​IMG] Bally suede [​IMG]
    Canali [​IMG] Zegna [​IMG] RLPL [​IMG] PRL Corneliani [​IMG] Incotex [​IMG] India madras shorts from Bermuda [​IMG]
    And this. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Oh and this (likely NA but if you MUST have it, PM me) [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    There's more but I can't find the pictures.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    2 people like this.
  15. pnutpug

pnutpug Well-Known Member

A Bills jacket? I think he's found everything that is possible to find.

16. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Well-Known Member

1ofTheCoolKids is a super cool dude. So shout out to him. He had extra room in his flatrate box so he just threw in two extra pairs of shoes without telling me [​IMG]

I have a few things I've picked up lately to share.

Bobby Jones alligator skin. N/A
    [​IMG]

Hanover Longwings. Barely worn. US made and with Goodyear welt. Stretched them a little bit and they fit great so N/A
    [​IMG]

Old AE Strands but really taken care of. Resoled and reheeled. 13AAA so definitely available.
    [​IMG]

Breuer Tie. Maybe available.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BB madras patchwork. Large so available.
    [​IMG]

NWT women's Jcrew matchstick jeans. Given to my girlfriend's little sister. Mad brownie points for that one.
    [​IMG]

Here's an awkward thrift fit. I'm at the Louvre in Paris. I didn't actually go in because it was the end of my trip and I had only enough money for food. I'm also wearing a shirt from Nataku so that's pretty cool.

[​IMG]
    BR Sweater Thrifted
    William Huang Shirt from Nataku (It could have also been Beck now that I think about it.)
    Levi's Selvedge Discount Store
    Onitsuka Tigers Thrifted
    North Face Gifted

Her Jacket is thrifted too though I don't know what brand.

1 person likes this.
  17. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

A few finds from today and yesterday...

minty Ledbury shirt (available) -16.5
    [​IMG]

Patagonia Synchilla Jacket (for the wife)
    [​IMG]

Patagonia Synchilla Snap-T (for me)
    [​IMG]

old school North Face fleece (made in USA) -Large
    [​IMG]

Giordana bib cycling shorts (grease stain, but otherwise minty) -Medium
    [​IMG]

Liquigas team cycling jersey by Santini -medium
    [​IMG]

Orvis womens quilted vest (XL)
    [​IMG]

Orvis womens quilted vest (XL)
    [​IMG]

Brioni shirt (17.5)
    [​IMG]

Arc'teryx base layer (for the wife)
    [​IMG]

1970s vintage Made In Hawaii aloha shirt (all me)
    [​IMG]

18. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Well-Known Member

One find today: a Polo madras patchwork. At XXL, it is slightly big for my 44-46R frame. If any big boy trads are in the market for such a garment, holler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Damn...ever since Luxe Swap started listing ties photographed like Betty Page, these newfangled silky contortions have gotten increasingly out of hand.

1 person likes this.
  20. Nataku

Nataku Well-Known Member

Definitely. Anyone know of how or where I could do something like this? I'm iffy on starting a thread on here because it doesn't really have much to do with M/C. I kind of lost touch with programs like Excel and such in the late 90's so I have no clue how to use them now. Is there like a test section I can post it to on here and just link it to my signature?
    :slayer: That tie is crazy! Wow!
    Wow! Tons of great stuff there! That LP vest is killer. Pretty sure CIT is made by CIT S.P.A. They make many Italian designer shirts including Bagutta. I've seen a bunch of lesser-known Euro labels sold on Yoox made by CIT S.P.A. It seems they've made their own line of shirts now, though. It's pretty nice stuff. More about CIT here: http://www.e-pitti.com/en/exhibitors/bagutta.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.