1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sn0wman

sn0wman Well-Known Member

Anyone else wondering who the Senator was who donated those bespoke coats/suits? Andro.. give us a hint? State? Still living?

Beautiful stuff! Glad you had such a great day!

2. AndroFan

AndroFan Well-Known Member

Though out of office, the Senator from the great state of....one of the directional states...is still alive and well (as far as I can tell from my research), and is a well respected scholar (enough so to make his frequent trips abroad for bespoke wares make a lot more sense).

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  3. chiron

chiron Well-Known Member

NICE!!!

4. eazye

eazye Well-Known Member

I'm going out tomorrow. :devil: Damn Andro, FUCKING SICK BRO, FUCK SHIT DAMN HELL BALLS edit: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 person likes this.
  5. chiron

chiron Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. LeSacre

LeSacre Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Even this guy enjoyed that postt [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  7. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

New area mapped out for 2mor morn thrift run! Have 11 stores to hit. Lets see if I can do it all.

8. ArborVitae

ArborVitae Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm new. I've been following this thread for the last few hundred pages and have really learned a lot. I've been into thrifting for a while, but at 5'5 120 lbs, it's hard to find stuff that fits. I sold a pair of nice Allen Edmonds recently, so I decided to just thrift cool stuff, sell it (gasp), and buy clothes that fit. Here's the results from my first haul. (I'm open to pointers, I'm still learning what to pass and what to grab). Ask if you're interested in something.

Finamore - Lg, Pendleton - Med, Brooks Brothers patchwork Madras - Lg
    [​IMG]

Two Harris tweeds (Those are good right?) and a muted Madras blazer by Nino Cerruti. What brands of tweed are worth picking up? I'd have to measure, but they all look close to a 42.
    [​IMG]

Also, I got this sweet tweed coat with tons of pockets inside and out. Buttons say Polo Ralph Lauren, but no tags. I'll have to sew on the two spare buttons, but for less than $3 it was worth a risk.
    [​IMG]

What do you think of this? Size 7 1/8
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These need some cleaning and polishing, but look to be undamaged. Bally made in France 10 D. Tuxedo shoes?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. caseyfud

caseyfud Well-Known Member

boooooooo

also ian glad to see those pants worked for you

10. Beck

Beck Well-Known Member

Sorry about post earlier guys, I as no one here knows have bi-polar disorder and it has been really messing my life up lately. Trying to not be medicate dependant. Psychiatrist told me not to keep anything down and say what's on my mind as an exercise. It does work but it should only be said in my journal, I didn't mean to lash out. I was just really hoping someone would think it's cool I found the jeans in thrift store. But that's fine I know the style isn't what you guys like. I am going to not post for a while. Sorry spoo and face of boh for saying that.

11. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I feel your pain, man. I can only get away with 7.75 in. of leg opening. Something about that extra 0.25 in. make me look like a [​IMG][​IMG]
    Wait a minute...Are you for reals?! No, for reals, what I'm trying to say is you are not trying to be funny or sarcastic? If this were true, I'm sorry to hear that, man. For realZ...

12. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

Holy shit! How the fuck does he do it, mang???!!! His recent haul is only next to Nat's latest! I hope I don't get shit for this...
    [​IMG]
    Ahhh fuck it!!!
    [​IMG]

13. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

Op shop haul was not bad today: 2 Ede and Ravenscroft ties, a Canali puppytooth knit tie, coupla pocket squares, a pair of Corneliani heavy cotton slacks, Dunhill shirt made in England, some vintage silver cufflinks (look regimental) and a small bottle of Ferragamo cologne. Had to pass on some suede Ferregamo chukkas because the price was stratospheric, some Alden tassel loafers that were too small and any amount of Valentino and Zegna suits that were ventless

14. sliq

sliq Well-Known Member

pics?

15. Beck

Beck Well-Known Member

it's fine I just should have told someone before I posted like a friend or something. I've been sporadic at work and home and now here. I need a day off tomorrow for personal

16. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Some silky goodies and other stuff... I never find anything silk really other than ties, so this haul was a welcome treat to make up for lost time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. eazye

eazye Well-Known Member

Nice Spoo, but those Birkenstocks.......... :uhoh: :sarcasm: :crazy:

18. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Look, my wife picked them out and I was happy she was involved. Indulge me. She said she thinks they can get $40 each. We got them for $5 total. Im willing to let her run on it if we can thrift together. Small price to pay.

2 people like this.
  19. eazye

eazye Well-Known Member

Gotcha, I wish my wife would come thrifting with me. For her, it's like pulling teeth.

20. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

What so you don't trust me?

Camera is charging right now. Will do it tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.