1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randomore

Randomore Well-Known Member

Nice

2. Randomore

I did, here's me trying to make it work lol NOPE!

[​IMG]

3. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Well-Known Member

4. Randomore

A little help with I'D. Found this one next to the Lubiam, Google fu isn't bringing anything for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its on this, if it helps.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  5. almosthandsome

almosthandsome Well-Known Member

6. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was expecting like 2 or maybe 3 but DAAYYYYYYYUUUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers your way, friend. Stay positive; I hope it gets better soon.

Yeah. Whoa.

I was about to brag about scores, but...

Freak it. I've still had pretty good luck lately; like my area is welcoming me home. Details on your late local news. With an X post to the vintage thread. Volume, quality and diversity in this here haul.

8. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Looks like David Chu, of which Lincs DC & Co is the parent company. I thrifted one in my size recently, NWT, light blue linen, triple open patch pockets, made in Italy. One of my favorite finds.

David Chu founded Nautica. There are a few threads from 2007 or so about David Chu clothes. In addition to ready to wear, Chu has (had?) a bespoke shop in New York. Consensus on the RTW was that it was nice stuff at a reasonable price point. Edmorel of Panta was a fan. I'm not sure when they stopped making under the label "David Chu."

9. IRKSM

IRKSM Well-Known Member

got out in the field for the first time in forever with moderate success
    [​IMG]
    some brand I don't know v neck merino sweater nwt's n/a
    [​IMG]
    another brand I don't know, ls polo n/a
    [​IMG]
    some sort of cool made in italy slim shirt of another brand I don't know AVAILABLE
    [​IMG]
    and my first T&A shirt n/a
    also a prl GI shirt made of brushed solid grey flannel n/a

10. futuremyth

futuremyth Well-Known Member

Hi folks. Long-time thread lurker, first time poster. Found a bit of Brioni today as well, must be that thrift synergy I keep reading about. Apologies for the phone pictures, low light and my camera's battery was dead.

Grey Brioni shirt, white collar and white French cuffs, 15.5 R (available)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pink Brioni shirt (not available)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wild paisley Brioni tie, might pair well with one of those Robert Graham shirts (probably going to eBay)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

comically ugly Paul Smith tie (going to try my luck on the machine)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zegna tie (available)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and some J&M "Domini" shoes in my size. Kind of beat but they were cheap and I'm going to wear them casual.

[​IMG]

If a thread/board veteran has a moment to spare, I have some questions about trading on here if they wouldn't mind PMing me. Thanks!

11. tielec01

tielec01 Member

Thought someone might appreciate this - picked up some old Florsheim Royal Imperials from the op shop ($5) as a bit of an exercise to see if they could be restored.

Before pics:

[​IMG]

So I restored one and popped them next to each other for a comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished both in the end (but no pics sorry) and are one of my favourite pair of shoes now :)

12. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I HATE that damn label!! (its a pass in my book, but I always think its RLPL and have to flip back a shirt to double check.

Welcome and nice first post!

PS - Bragging that I finally crossed the 1,000 feedback mark on ebay. 100% positive [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Looks like something is getting redonated, selvage or not. F A&F...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

LET'S. DO. THIS. Let's play a game of Where's Waldo, shall we kiddies? I'll give you the list of things to find, then you go find them in the pictures. First one to find them all wins the interwebs! Ready? Go! (Note: For extra bonus credit, I've scrambled the photos all around)
    Ties: Hermes x6 Charvet key/zigzag design Zegna seemingly unworn chain link fence design Green repp stripe (IS THIS KITON? PLEASE SOMEONE SAY YES!) Drakes x3 (including one for Hawes & Curtis; plus one ancient madder) Tyrwhitt x4, including 7-fold x2 Abercrombie old label PRL summer colors Gucci fugly hunting horn design Shirts: Hermes striped CT slim fit, french cuff in purple stripe Harvie & Hudson windowpane x 2 Turnbull & Asser x2 (both with monograms. :brick: ) RLPL white Brioni stripe Talbott bespoke in pinpoint oxford Shoes: AE, NWOB, Sanford in chestnut (10D) Church's, NWOB Custom Grade black cap toes (same) Peal by Alfred Sargeant (YES?) oxblood cap toes, 42D (~same?) Alden vintage scotchgrain PTBs, 10.5D Peal cap toe oxfords that need love, 11.5D AE nearly NWOB Barkley PTB in oxblood 12D Trou: PRL Italy (doesn't look Corneliani, though; does Incotex make for PRL?) linen flat fronts. My size. J Crew selvedge Incotex flannel charcoal flat fronts Zegna by Incotex worsted beige flat fronts, Super 120s Outerwear: Crombie herringbone overcoat, 40R Beretta NWT hunting vest Suits, Sc's Really awesome Barney's house brand brown/taupe glenplaid SC with blue overcheck, dual vent, 40R. Anyone recognize the label? Half canvas at least. Corneliani for PRL flannel suit, solid gray, dual vent, flat front, 46R (temp. not avail) Corneliani for PRL flannel suit, chalk stripe gray, same (same) Gray & Lampel vintage (mid-80s) bespoke suits with AWESOME features: hacking pockets, ticket pocket, dual vent, flat front, slim legs (but longer rise) x 3 + 1 orphan that I will try to pair this week. Left behind a KILLER charcoal with red stripe because of a hole in the trou.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Those are a lock for the 2013 Cheapies.

But seriously, selvedge or not, why are you buying Abercrombie jeans in the first place?

1 person likes this.
  16. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Well-Known Member

Who wears a small and wants some Billy Reid Polos? (I'm up to like 8-9 Reid pieces, if you count the 2 william reid).

1 person likes this.
  17. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Well-Known Member

Not a kitten but... Killin it dude. [​IMG]
    Dat tie haul alone...

18. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

:facepalm:
    :brick:
    :censored:

Took a chance. Well, that's $7 I'll never see again. (Yes, my area is pricey).

(Thanks, bro! Once baby comes home from hosp., thrifting will be back on hold. So hitting it while I can)

1 person likes this.
  19. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Well-Known Member

Wish I could find the post earlier in the thread referencing that tag. Immediately triggers the Kitten alarm response. Solid rep stripe regardless, add it to the rotation.

20. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.