1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Well-Known Member

This is going to be my only comment on this, and maybe I have a different perspective since I'm OLD!!!!

I took the whole thing the other night as a joke, and DM7 was the one who got bent out of shape about scratching the hood of his car...not the term Gay. Which by the way is used in terms like "gay pride" and "gay rights". Now personally, I find the use of f@g or h0m0 offensive.

Just my .02

Back to thrifting....I found a pair of NWOT LL Bean Bean Boots. They are the low top size 11 in brown (so they would work best for a size 12). If anyone that size is interested shoot me a PM.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. AndroFan

AndroFan Well-Known Member

It's interesting, the only reason this topic keeps getting reopened is because of your astounding inability to recognize that you even said anything wrong. All the side conversations about what the level of decorum should be (all should be allowed or nothing should allowed) are just an outgrowth of that...but the real focus seems to be people trying to drive into your thick head that maybe, possibly, people feel the same way about the stereotypical and ignorant things you said about gays with your joking, that you feel about other people commenting on your age, looks, and calling you a cunt. It would have been fine if you'd just acknowledged that what you said could be seen as offensive, apologized, and then moved on. But instead, you continued to defend the fact that you didn't see "what the big deal" was, as do others who keep coming to your aid (the "white knighters" as you will).

You, basically: "I'm not sure what all you faggots are so pissed off about anyway, but HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A CUNT"

This is the thing that's causing people to
    [​IMG]

3. caseyfud

caseyfud Well-Known Member

I am having a good morning thanks to this thread. Thanks (to most of you).

4 people like this.
  4. MartiniGirl

MartiniGirl Well-Known Member

What the fuck? You must be one of them youngens too. As I've stated... I've apologized for offending anyone. It takes a big man to apologize when he/she did something wrong and I for one, did just that. It's not my fault that Deadboy had to bring it up 2 days later. Shit hit the fan again and I wasn't even the one who brought it up that time. You want to keep adding fire to the flame? Fine. You too shall be reported for using that C word. I haven't even brought up anything since then. I told everyone that I didn't know the word "gay" was such a horrible word on here. And Andro.... you used the word "faggots", not me. Spoken like a true idiot.

5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

...It's almost like sometimes people tell me there's some sort of civil rights battle going on or something?...and like, the things I say in jest can somehow, ...IDEK...almost seek to marginalize an entire class of people, or something? Like, even beyond the person I was insulting?, by like, comparing them unfavorably to a group of people I like, by my words and actions and voting record and stuff, possibly even consider second class? I...I don't know. It"s too much. I don't know what I'm saying....Wut are these loltards getting at? All I know is people get way too sensitive when I am only joking! What do they mean there's nothing at stake for me, I don't even know!, LOL. A jokes a joke, you vaginas! What is happening, I don't know! Can we just focus on my AFFLICTION shirt, you gays! Ha! See? That's the same word in GAY PRIDE! It's not racist! OMG! I said ur just a bunch of 'mos, NO OFFENSE! Why's everyone so bent out of shape, omg, take a joke, ppl! PS you will all be BANNED! Ha!

2 people like this.
  6. MartiniGirl

And fuck you too, sir.

1 person likes this.
  7. AndroFan

The amount of pure idiocy in this post has finally convinced me that you have to be trolling. So, well played, and carry on.

8. noob in 89

I said NO OFFENSE. Guys? Guys! Didn't you hear me say no offense? Guys!

2 people like this.
  9. caseyfud

the affliction t-shirt!
    :satisfied:

10. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

That's better, I just blocked half the members in the thread for the day. Much quieter now. See you all tomorrow.

2 people like this.
  11. caseyfud

guess which one I blocked forever!

12. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Well-Known Member

13. MartiniGirl

Ah yes, I'm the troll. Even though you had nothing to do with the arguement, which I might add, you could've easily stayed out of! But no, you had to be "that guy". Ya just HAD to bring me down. Guess nobody is really looking for an apology. People just want to keep being assholes. Well go ahead. I've had enough. I didn't see anything wrong with what I did, you're right. IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE. And now shit has turned into a real free for all. Some of you may want to attend Elementary school again.... maybe they can reteach you about bullying.

14. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Well-Known Member

Noob....you mean affliction shirts aren't cool? I wear mine every Saturday night when I hit the clubs under my loudest Robert Graham shirt and True Religion jeans....

WORD!!!!

1 person likes this.
  15. MartiniGirl

Why'd ya get rid of it? Looks actually decent on you.

16. AndroFan

Now it's just driving me insane. I have to know - who was the maker of the sweater? And...story about the redonation, with the tag still on?

17. ATLjon

ATLjon Well-Known Member

I wasted five minutes of precious procrastination time for this?

Do I qualify as old? Today's my 30th birthday.

1 person likes this.
  18. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

I'm going thrifting. I plan to skip the first full day of the thread in a long time. See you tonight, hopefully with some finds to poast.

19. MartiniGirl

Sorry ATL. But if I'm old (almost 29), then I guess you're old. Happy Birthday!!

20. noob in 89

Wait, how/s this even possible? I thought you were the one hanging out with the Beastie Boys in the early 90's, writing articles from the back of the bus and whatnot. Were you fifteen? Are you like Cameron Crowe 2.0? What's up?. :puzzled:

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.