1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hucklecat

hucklecat Well-Known Member

is this the FUBU i am looking for?

[​IMG]

they are 42" waist shorts and measure true to this. They are relaxed fit and the stitching is superb. All pockets are riveted.

2. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Here's some better pics of the two pair of Maxwells from this morning. I'm hoping it was a good kop at $20 total. I've never seen 8 1/2 EX, any ideas on what that would convert to? Or am I reading it wrong?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MartiniGirl

MartiniGirl Well-Known Member

I wonder if these are older Henry Maxwell's. Very well could be. The name is hardly seen these days. And I think they might just be E, as they already look pretty wide.

4. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

That's what I was hoping to hear... The thing is pretty cool. But THAT Holubar jacket! [​IMG]

5. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

If anyone finds some shorter quality knit ties.... like 52-54" hit me up.

Also, always looking for size Medium short sleeve Tommy Bahama shirts (sold or crazy floral patterns) on the super dirt cheap, like under $7 shipped. I personally don't pay more then $5 for them myself or just pass. I guess most of you pass them without thinking twice but these would be gifts. I've found about 10 in the last year or but more is better [​IMG] Thanks!!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  6. caseyfud

caseyfud Well-Known Member

Assuming you're looking for yourself, I am about the same height as you and with my knit tie (actually with all my ties) I just tie it so the wide end is the length I want and stick the extra bit of the blade end down the front of my pants.

7. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

8. caseyfud

the back part is the blade, right? I mean the skinny end.

9. MartiniGirl

Mixed company?! Where?! Lol. Commence the epic perv talk! I shall gladly join in! [​IMG] While you're convincing your friend, I will learn how to correctly walk in high heels!

Quote: You figured out my plan pretty quick, huh? Haha! [​IMG]

In all seriousness though, I think a pair of slim dark/black jeans or leggings would bring the whole outfit up a lot.

I did, you dirty little man! Lol. Seeing as there has been alot of people saying leggings would work, I'll try to put together a suitable outfit and post it too see what ya'll perv's have to say! Lol. I kid! ... maybe.... [​IMG]

10. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

Hahaha, yeah, yeah, my boy was giving me the same shit! [​IMG] I've been wearing most of my heavyer denim but the only pair that was the closest of getting broken in was my Elephant 2. The whiskers and honey comb was starting to show until I got too fat for it...Now, it's on eBay...I'm selling 3 pairs of my personal jeans to get that Tellason Gustave in 16.5 oz.! Welcome back, bro!
    "WTAPS 2010 Chester jacket! WTAPS 2010 Chester jacket! WTAPS 2010 Chester jacket!" [​IMG] This is me thinking hard...
    [​IMG]

11. Stewie

Stewie Well-Known Member

That is 70's Bauer and I even think that may have been one of the models they reissued like 2 years ago.
    So nice to find an original!

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Laughed audibly.
    5. Pairs. Of. Shoes. Cannot comprehend. Is it wrong that I have 10x that? :hide: Re: Loubs, etc., what size shoe? I gotchaback.
    Protip - search "Zegna Couture" in titles AND descriptions, in only the tie category.
    FTFY
    Maxwells dont do all THAAAAT well. Wait. Maybe They do

13. Ken P

Ken P Well-Known Member

As promised, here's my finds.

First a failure, I found this and got excited:
    [​IMG]
    but failed to notice this:
    [​IMG]
    Available to one of you guys (at cost plus shipping) if you want to get it fixed. 40R and really beautiful!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    P2P 22
    Shoulder 19
    Waist 20.5
    Sleeve 24
    Length 31

Now on to the finds
    TWO Loro Piana Spread Collar White Shirts. 16.5, pretty minty, slight yellowing on collar and pits. Couple pinholes from tags. One of them was dry cleaned and a little startchy, the other is perfect. Anyways, darted back. Tag on them suggests they were bespoke or MTM and made last January
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tagged 16.5/42
    P2p 23
    Shoulder 19
    Waist 22
    Sleeve 34
    Collar 16.5
    Ralph Lauren Purple Label 100% SILK pants. I think St. Andrews made. Dual foward pleats. Cuffed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tagged 36
    Waist 18"
    Rise 12"
    Inseam 32"
    Leg Opening 9"

NWT Orvis Corduroys. Can't tell if black or navy... Unfinished hems. 36
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Waist 18
    Rise 12
    Inseam 38
    Leg opening 9

14. MartiniGirl

Don't judge me, Spoo! 5 pairs.... so what? I'm comfortable with that number, lol. My hubs read your comment and said "I want 10x times!" Lol! I wear a size 8, by the way.

As far as the "Protip" you offered, not every Zegna Couture is listed as such. I have found plenty of Couture's listed as regular Zegna's. [​IMG] And to prove my point.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ermenegildo...787905993?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item5654ae71c9

*takes a bow* thank you... thank you....

1 person likes this.
  15. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Well-Known Member

MG....leggings is tame to what I like LOL. Still owe you a pants inventory as well. I'm way behind on picture taking and the like..

16. Friskydingo

Friskydingo Well-Known Member

I was watching that one already, but this brings up a better question. How do you guys feel about buying from international buyers? Especially south asaia or Italy. I have heard "friend of friends of friends" being screwed with fake items and non shipment, but there are some pretty decent deals from these countries to be had.

17. MartiniGirl

Oh really? Now what do you like? Mini skirts, booty shorts, naked, fishnets..... I could go on, lol! I'm patient, no worries!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Ejay415

Ejay415 Member

Yes, Fat Albert are from the Platinum FUBU line

19. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

And some un-press-idented redemption for me today at my afternoon stop.

40L 33/31
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. caseyfud

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.