1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Well-Known Member

it was insured for 2300 but paypal wont do anything since there was no shipping address attached to his payment

2. sanchito

sanchito Well-Known Member

The leap you are making regarding legal status is disturbing and, frankly, a bit offensive...it's stupidity at its finest.

2 people like this.
  3. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Well-Known Member

No, but the Postal Service will! $2300 insurance? That is grand theft! This is not a small matter to the Postal Inspectors. They will relish the idea of getting this guy. It is what they live for. This is way beyond Paypal. You want the Postal Inspectors after this guy. The bottom line is someone owns that PO Box. The Inspectors will know who. Someone receives parcels at this box. The Inspectors will know who after talking to the PO Box clerk. Someone signed for that parcel. The Inspectors will know who signed for it. If the person who owns the box and signed for it hacked into this guys Paypal account, which is not likely, then they will be able to get these people. If the guy who owns the Paypal account is also the one who received the parcel then he is dead. Anyway you cut it, you need to file a mail fraud complaint with the Postal Inspection Service. A complaint on a $2300 item will definitely get there attention. My pops worked for the Postal Service for 20 years and he has told horror stories about how aggressive these guys are. They will get someone for this.

2 people like this.
  4. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Well-Known Member

I hope so, the only issue here is the only thing linking the po box to him (unless he owns it) is my pm messages which is the integral part of my burden of proof

5. HansderHund

HansderHund Well-Known Member

Apparently it was a men's store that closed last year. They actually designed/produced their own clothing. Apparently the owner (Hebert Stock) really loved the business. It's in German only, but maybe google translator would do a decent job, it's interesting. http://www.rp-online.de/region-dues...e-im-wandel-herbert-stock-schliesst-1.2790712 It was taken over by a Turkish company after it closed.

6. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Any deets on the watch?
    That sucks major suckage! I hope this gets sorted out soon. What's this unauthorized payment as in someone stole his identity to buy a TF suit? So basically you have evidence of him authorizing the payment and directing the suit to be shipped to a PO Box. I think that's enough evidence to support your case with Paypal. Have you talked to a customer rep. about this?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  7. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

and if someone hacked his SF account and paypal account, the postal office will get that person who owns the PO box for mail fraud.

Its not going to be easy, but the post office shows it was delivered, SOMEONE has it and signed for it. I'm sure they will find out who. Keep paypal in the loop with phone calls. Although their policy might not be the best I have had very good luck speaking with the people who will do all they can (within the their limits) to help out.

8. Shiny

Shiny Well-Known Member

If all else fails, you can take a Southwest flight to Chino Hills and administer justice...Pesci style!

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

9. Nell

Nell Well-Known Member

Best of luck sorting out that miserable situation, Eddie.

Hit up the Rack and found two pairs of returned selvedge APCs for 50. Only issue was one was shortened to a tiny inseam, and the other had a questionable stain on the back.

Regretted leaving them until I found these at the next stop...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RRL is 29x34, Nudies are Slim Jim 30x34. Neither is available by the standards of this thread, but let me know if you have similar denim in 27-28 vanity (30 tts).

Unworn AE "Logans." The current Logan is a boot, so I'm assuming these were discontinued. 9D. Tentatively available.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. barrelntrigger

It's interesting to see him post fit pics without covering his face and doing so with his later fit pics. Not smart...
    Did you add those names to the eBay block list?
    Does Paypal confirm PO Box address?

11. s_allen_p

s_allen_p Well-Known Member

12. barrelntrigger

Wow! I've been looking for those RRL in a Marshall's or TJMaxx forever and found jack! Nice score!

13. eazye

eazye Well-Known Member

Picked up this vintage BB 100% Shetland sweater woven in Scotland. Thing is stone cold mint! Black label is from the 60's? Dibbed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, this NF puff windbreaker thing for myself, $5.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. HansderHund

HansderHund Well-Known Member

EddieV: Sorry to hear about your brother's troubles. I hope you are able to get to the bottom of it through the info everyone's posted here and get your money back!

Edited to add: I have no idea why the photos are so terrible. They looked fine here until I saw the uploaded versions :crazy:

I have to say that I've kept up with the thread all week, I've just been too busy to sit down a post. I found a few things this week, though nothing earth shattering.

Recent Canali jacket. Nice color, 90/10 wool/cashmere (unavailable):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pristine old Burberrys' (unavailable):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Armani Collezioni cotton suit (unavailable):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Austrian army issued Gore Windstopper fleece. I've wanted one of these, so I was really happy to find it. Great shape except for a bit of fraying from the issued tag.(unavailable):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lacoste polo, NWT (unavailable):

[​IMG]

Not really bragworthy, but I thought I'd post it as you might get a kick out of it. Pfadfinder shirt....Austrian scouts (unavailable).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wool knits...yes, I intentionally bought that YSL knit :embar: (not for myself)

[​IMG]

Like new Regal-Aire on L, about my 10th that I've found, old (probably worthless) Balenciaga on the right. Balenciaga was free (unavailable).

[​IMG]

Cool old tartan ties. I doubt they've been worn. I love scottish tartan ties as they usually tag the name of the tartan on the back (unavailable).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First Hermés...unfortunately, the store knew what they had and the price was REALLY marked up on it (unavailable).

[​IMG]

Kangol wool cap, made in England. Never worn (had a store tag) and my size (unavailable).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I actually saw this a couple of weeks ago and left it as I didn't think it would be worthwhile. The inside is pristine, but the outside looks a bit used. A bit of research says that some of these with printed interiors do well. I was just surprised it was still at the shop (unavailable).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

This is great. Really nice work.
    I will add my outrage. I think Spoo usually just goes straight to the police. If this really is identity theft, there's no way you're going to unwind it via email. Unfortunately I'm short on time today, or I'd go on a rant and a half. Quick thrift fits: Today, daytime. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Carroll & Co (330CK) J Crew Cardi (Nat) Tom Ford (Eddie) Rooster (me) Trafalgar (Spoo) Kilgour (me) PRL (me) Alden monk, suede (S_Allen)
    Tonight This is what I'm going with (may call an audible on the shirt and go with full collar, but it has a subtle ruffle front and I like the "griddle" pattern of this one better): [​IMG] Full shot with different tie (RLPL, found by me): [​IMG] Details: Lord West (CAP'N!!!) Charvet Abboud (fmr employee discount) Zegna tux trou (ORG!) Pantherella Unknown shoes
    Closeup of the jacket with the other tie [​IMG] Zegna full tux RLPL tie All other details the same. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. SeaJen

SeaJen Well-Known Member

Picked these up today (not available)

[​IMG]

I'll x-post to the labels thread, but my understanding is that the Ralph Lauren Made in England shoes with the script are Edward Green. Is that correct?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blake stitched.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. eazye

eazye Well-Known Member

^^^^ Looks good dude, LOVE that first jacket. I stand by my previous statement that you should go with a black bow. :embar:

1 person likes this.
  18. 2010Greek

2010Greek Well-Known Member

[​IMG] That's the way to do it.

19. barrelntrigger

GMMcL how many redonkulously awesome outfit you've got!!??? Me super jelly!!!

20. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

I have one in my pocket

:fonz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.