• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Senior ditch day? As in high school seniors???

http://www.thethriftshopper.com/

From now on, that is your best friend. Use it wisely, grasshopper.
yeah bro I am young, and yeah anyone can look up where thrift stores are but I wanna know where those awesome grail spewing stores are
*if you feel wary about giving me your secret awesome store locations, can you just give me an area where some good ones are, I need to be quick and be back before school ends

pfhtrad

Reaction score
Perhaps An Epic Haul? - at least for a newbie...

To begin, simply:

Quills Irish Sweather, NWT Large

Orvis NWT Rhinohide 40x30, "Most Comfortable Chinos" in Gray 44 unhemmed and Rhinohide 40x32

Donegal Sweater, L

Victorinox Alpaca/Merino turtleneck, S (Needs Woolite)

Isisa LS Shirt, 16.5

The Meat and Potatoes:

Kiton (first in the wild) and it is perfect! Custom made, for Mr. M. F*****. French Cuff, 17 x 34/35 but very fitted with a narrow waist.

Incotex 3 x 33 waist in khaki cords, khaki and brushed olive (Not Available)

Brunello Cucinelli Khaki's and Kiton Cords, 34 and they fit like a charm! I never though I'd find Kiton that fits me this cheap!

This seems odd, a line I've never heard of. (Vtg???) PRL Western Shirt, Large:

Most likely not worth the flip. Older Oxxford MTM suit: 42L, 36x30

Another problem found once I got home. HF suit, Lora Piana Fabric 40S, 32x28

NWT Polo Beltless Side Buckle wool pants: 38x 30

Vtg. Burrberrys' Mac (Raglan Sleeve), made in the USA 38R with a 1960's-1970's union label. Needs some spot cleaning with Woolite or Carbona.

Brioni (Orphans ??) x 3. 2x Palatino Single Breasted in Navy and Gray, 1x Flamino Double Brested Orphan. 46R's. Need some spot cleaning then dry cleaning as these have food junk all all over them.

Why do people trash expensive clothing. I just don't understand. Let me get my Brioni dirty and donate it to SA....
Brioni Linen Shirt, Size IV (17?)

Just in time for the winter chills, BB Camel Hair Coat, 42R

And this little odd Gem. Know nothing about the brand... Raffaele Caruso Cashmere Wool, Tagged ER48. Double Vented, Canvased and lined in the same fabric. Not to mention patch pockets. Measures 38 S/R

Not bad for 2 visits in 2 days to Salvation Army and a Church Thrift...

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yo ian, word of advice, go out and smoke some pot and hang with friends... digging through old dead people's clothes is not the way to spend your senior skip day.

also, shout out to catside, guy is incredibly generous and inspired me to make several random of acts of kindness today and a few more planned in the next few days.

feeling philosophical this evening

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yo ian, word of advice, go out and smoke some pot and hang with friends... digging through old dead people's clothes is not the way to spend your senior skip day.

also, shout out to catside, guy is incredibly generous and inspired me to make several random of acts of kindness today and a few more planned in the next few days.

I wore tweed today, can I reap some of these benefits???

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

only reason I am not doing both of those things is because my friends are going to six flags and that **** is lame and expensive so me and my other friend are going to a museum then serving lunch at glide then thrifting

Randomore

Reaction score
Picked up some like new Mezlan croc skin loafers for me and looking for anything else my size i stumbled upon...

Can someone help me authenticate? I am a newbie and dont know the tricks of the trade yet... I couldnt find a serial number just the size...

Got these Tod's in size 8 for any smaller footed people here...

Should I attempt to return or is anyone interested? Obviously bad pictures make them look worse, sorry working on that. But they feel nice and look fairly new.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran across this today. Is it a) real, b) actually a decent looking pattern or am I just blinded by the label? (I'm thinking decent in a boring, verging on wedding tie colors kind of way, not in a standard Versace kind of way.)

photo-58.jpg

photo-57.jpg

Excuse the crappy pics - the real camera has gone MIA...
This is what happens when your six year old son discovers the joys of taking pictures and shooting video.:cloud:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran across this today. Is it a) real, b) actually a decent looking pattern or am I just blinded by the label? (I'm thinking decent in a boring, verging on wedding tie colors kind of way, not in a standard Versace kind of way.)
photo-58.jpg

photo-57.jpg

Excuse the crappy pics - the real camera has gone MIA...
This is what happens when your six year old son discovers the joys of taking pictures and shooting video.
cloud.gif

It's not "kill it with fire" bad, but it's not attractive, IMO

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at Goodwill today and I saw this scarf, which said "Hermes Paris" at the bottom, though I think the border color on the one I saw was blue. Anyway, I didn't pick it up because the edges weren't hand-rolled so I thought it might be fake, but does anyone know enough to correct me?

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was at Goodwill today and I saw this scarf, which said "Hermes Paris" at the bottom, though I think the border color on the one I saw was blue. Anyway, I didn't pick it up because the edges weren't hand-rolled so I thought it might be fake, but does anyone know enough to correct me?

Pretty sure if the edges aren't hand rolled its fake. I'd have picked it up anyway though cause it looks cool.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very recent Samuelsohn 100% camelhair SC, great shape, 44R, double vented, flawless

recent zegna, not my cup of tea, but its in good shape

pringle XL - aren't these crazy expensive?

Southwick 41R suit, great shape, flat front, cuffed pants

T&A yellow 15in, whats up with these cuffs though?

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Quick two finds today.

First up is a Feather Suede Blue Lanvin Paris SC. Very nice details with the Pick stitching and Patch pockets.
-Up for grabs, no size listed, but can give measurements if needed. PM for both jackets if interested.

Not the HF you probably think it is, either.

It's different now, apparently. I understand that every Wednesday is Senior Skip Day these days.

WTF is senior skip day? At my school we just had 'go to school' days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads