1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

20 years of thrifting, yesterday I finally landed a Marinella.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. troika

troika Well-Known Member

Huge props to Randy for hooking me up with my Secret Santa! It came on the 3rd night of Hannukah, perfect really.

[​IMG]

Eton, skeeter, Canali
    [​IMG]

Canali (too big unfortunately), Pal Zileri unlined in a bamboo fabric (that's that shit right here son mmm)
    [​IMG]

3. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

^^ package come with an iron? :satisfied:

4. GoldSpider

GoldSpider Member

[​IMG]

Need a little help deciding whether or not it is worth reconditioning/resoling these old Florsheims. Not sure why the burgundy is so dark, but some lengthy work-over with Lexol has produced little/no results.

Thoughts??

5. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Well-Known Member

Beautiful tie, still on the lookout for my first. Congrats.

6. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Well-Known Member

+1

You'll be lookin' :cool:

7. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

:embar: I just checked and it seems that I have put my PO box in by habit and completely forgot that I did it. I was going to get my business mail tomorrow but had a hint that I should go sooner. I found a note from the Post Office stating that they have a package too large for the box waiting for me. They open at 8 AM. Guess where I'll be at 7:59.

1 person likes this.
  8. Nataku

Nataku Well-Known Member

Awesome, glad you rescued it!

:slayer:

Slow day today.

MN-DOT workers must have all called in sick today. Roads were an absolute nightmare and didn't see one single state or city plow the whole day. Ugh. Counted 15+ cars in the ditch and two spun out cars right in the middle of the highway clogging it up. Barely worth the headache getting out today.

Bespoke Whitcomb & Shaftsebury blue spread collar dress shirt. Has a small bit of wear on the collar, but this thing is loaded with handwork and the damage is barely noticeable. Mismatched collar button. Still, couldn't bear to leave it. Slim 16 x 35 Available at cost + shipping

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mint Hugo Boss Baldessarini gray single pleat trousers. 34 (+2) x 32 (+1). Available at cost.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Willis & Geiger Green Bush Poplin Trousers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NWT Cucinelli polo. Eu 50 Available

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

I miss thrifting (hence why I havnt been posting as many finds)....damn storm took the roof off my local Salvation Army (was a pretty crappy roof to start with that leaked everytime it rained) and they wont be open till after winter.[​IMG]

10. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Well-Known Member

You should volunteer to be a depot. (but I bet the ratio of crap to keepers is about 1:10,000).

11. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Are NWOB Allen Edmonds worth kopping for 50bucks a pop? They are rare sizes like 14B and such...

Shoe related, how well regarded are Silvano Lattanzi?

12. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Well-Known Member

or rent out one of the barns?

[​IMG]
    HOLY SHIT. WHO HAS A P.O. BOX FROM RANCHO SANTA FE I JUST GOT BAMBOOZLED WHEN I OPENED MY SECRET SANTA PACKAGE AND 12 TIES, 2 POCKET SQUARES, 2 SHIRTS DROPPED OUT. WHOA.

[​IMG]
    NWT Hickey Freeman x 2, Paul Frederick Sartiorale (7-Fold, My First), BB Makers NWT, Nat Nast, Zegna, Lands End knit, BB Makers Olive Knit, Black (or navy?) Knit, RLBL Pink Knit, Tango by Max Raab

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Paul Smilth, Facconable, RT PS, Unbranded pocket square (xmas party steeze)

Thank you very much Mr. Rancho Santa Fe

13. hucklecat

hucklecat Well-Known Member

Wife went out thrifting for my personal use and her store. Aside from the Pendleton is there anything potentially OK for Ebay?

Nothing spectacular this weekend. Found a nice Pendleton button-down for ME!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Zegna Tie,got it because of the name to flip on the bay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also got, because of the name an Armani .......is there a market for something like this? This is pre 1990.

[​IMG]

Got some AE Sanford Shoes. Appear to be in great shape. The white dots are from I guess a disinfectant or something this thrift store uses. Soles good too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She also found 3 pairs of 80's Levis, Pendleton Driving Cap and a super vintage Versace tie.

14. Nataku

Nataku Well-Known Member

Pass on the AEs. In a decent color, style and size that would be a good price. In those sizes at that price, no way.

Silvano Lattanzi is a grail maker, IMO. Super expensive at retail and very well made. They make Lobbs at retail look like a bargain.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  15. cpmac7

cpmac7 Well-Known Member

This makes my gift that I gave look like sh*t :satisfied:

16. jamiebryant

jamiebryant Well-Known Member

Would any of you have taken a chance on a pair of Loro Piana cotton trousers in dark brown...with piss/sweat stains on the lining?
    Theyre machine washable and I thought about for a split second but I havent had much luck with getting rid of stains lately and $8 seemed a little steep to take a chance.

What do you guys think?

Oh, and these were actually straight from Loro Piana, not Zanellas or anything like that.

17. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

inorite?

18. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

From Frenchy :

[​IMG]

19. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Asking because I got a message from a friend over in the East coast who found quite a few of them and is offering a proxy. He usually sells on eBay but he is willing to cut me a proxy for one pair at $300. They are 2nd hand lightly worn shoes. I feel somewhat hesitant at spending that kind of dime on second hand shoes but if they are that good (Lobbs level or above) it may be worth a risk. Trouble is none of the shoes have sizes and my friend thinks they are in a 11 - 12 ballpark which is a pretty big dynamic range. Big risk of not fitting but if I have resale potential at least getting my money back, I may just pop at them.

20. GM-H

GM-H Well-Known Member

Recent finds

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saint Andrew
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my favorite piece I have found to date
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status: