• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

acosbysweater

Reaction score

Also, SUCK IT HATERS! Look at this! Listed a wad of MC stuff on B&S, and converted it into these, my grail shoes. Lanvin (what what?). Buttery leather. Patent toes. Lamb suede panels. Waxed laces. Nylon foamy stuff around the ankles. The interior is made of clouds and smells like pure leather sehks. Witness my almost mid-life crisis in action, padding down the street. Haters gon' hate!

After a trial affair with suits and ties, I think I'm going to slim down my MC collection and stick to stuff that makes me look my age, rather than a kid in dad's clothes.

Closet cleanout = sick nasty grails.

Broder

Reaction score
Lovely camel-coloured sport coat, pick stitching on lapels and on the outer seams.

The colour is actually darker and "more alive" when you see it in real life.

Broder

Reaction score
Lovely camel-coloured sport coat, pick stitching on lapels and on the outer seams.

The colour is actually darker and "more alive".

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wowzers! That thing is a beauty. What size? My favorite thrift find is also a piece from Zegna Couture.
Possibly my favorite thrift find....it fits me, but I will probably take it to the 'Bay with a high BIN/OBO. Don't worry Grendel - this was not thrifted locally....

Broder

Reaction score
Whenever I try to post pictures of my finds it will not work. I am being directed to a page which tells me "Post not found" or something like that. Anyone know how I am going to fix it?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whenever I try to post pictures of my finds it will not work. I am being directed to a page which tells me "Post not found" or something like that. Anyone know how I am going to fix it?
Don't know what to tell you other than posting pics on this thread straight up sucks. If only you could post multi images at once rather than one at a time. Plus you have to put them in in opposite order. Heaven forbid if you put your text in first or the photos won't come in.
baldy[1].gif

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possibly my favorite thrift find....it fits me, but I will probably take it to the 'Bay with a high BIN/OBO. Don't worry Grendel - this was not thrifted locally....

Gorgeous! Nice find! Yeah, I've never seen Napoli Couture here in Rochester. If there is any it had to be bought elsewhere.

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The nicest I have seen here were the Kiton/Brioni dress shirts I randomly found....my only instances of items better than HF (save 1 Canali suit) in about 200 thrift store visits. This was sold in Cleveland but found in another city......big city though, so I'm not totally shocked.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
It's a 44-46 (24" chest and 22" waist IIRC) and certainly is from Cleveland (Kilgour Trout) but this Trout was captured in a different stream than it's native habitat!
happy.gif

Wait a minute... Kilgore Trout is an actual thing? Not just a character in Kurt Vonnegut stories?

steveoly

Reaction score

It's a 44-46 (24" chest and 22" waist IIRC) and certainly is from Cleveland (Kilgour Trout) but this Trout was captured in a different stream than it's native habitat! :happy:

God damn! If only it were a 42 with a 44" chest.

Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The nicest I have seen here were the Kiton/Brioni dress shirts I randomly found....my only instances of items better than HF (save 1 Canali suit) in about 200 thrift store visits. This was sold in Cleveland but found in another city......big city though, so I'm not totally shocked.

Pittsburgh/Buffalo are -375

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads