1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

So regarding templates, aren't their some sort of ready-made ones people are free to use? (Or buy?). In this crazy age of tumblr and so on, I can see where peeps might not think twice about cutting and pasting one...

:stirpot: ?

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

When I was looking for free ones, they would all insert links to their website, particularly by making a buyer go to their site to see your images in full size.

That's why I made my own :teach: with a stolen border.

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dude, when I return to eBay, it's so on... This^^ gonna be my template right here.

4. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Well-Known Member

I recently bought a pair of PTBs, made in Italy, with the following stamped on the insole "Anderson London WC4. Established 1870." Anyone know who made this? Google shows nothing.

Also, anyone familiar with a Belgium designer named Oliver Strelli?

5. troika

troika Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips my man. I can't wait to get out there and practice.

Here is some stuff I left behind that I can proxy if anyone wants:

Oxxford DB in 42T in grey with light blue pinstripe orphan but didn't look for pants because I wasn't sure anyone would want a DB. Andro, Achilles?
    [​IMG]

Valentino blazer in a 42R. Pretty nice shape
    [​IMG]

AE Bridgeton loafers in 12D. Excellent uppers, decent sole shape
    [​IMG]

6. grendel

grendel Well-Known Member

You should go back and get the Oxxford if you can find the pants. That'll flip well on eBay if nothing else.

7. troika

troika Well-Known Member

I looked for them very briefly but didn't turn the store upside down. If anyone really wants the suit, I can go hunt down the pants.

8. aglass

aglass Well-Known Member

Any thrifters in the DC area? I would like to get into it, but haven't read very positive things about the area with regard to thrifting...

9. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Talking of family, my brother has got into bargain hunting. A lot of dross but he did recently kop a score of brand name suits that puts me to shame with what I normally find. He only thrifts for himself though, but he kopped a wonderful Tom Ford suit for $300 that was NWT at a consignment store. It was a brown chalkstripe double breasted. Shame my brother is a 40L, I would have arm wrestled him for that suit if it was near my size. Just to rub my face in it, he also got a mink overcoat by Hermes, obviously in his size. Sibling rivalry rearing its ugly head.

10. Jav0n

Jav0n Well-Known Member

Georgia Ave Thrift Store in D.C. is pretty cool, they typically have good stuff. Picked up a pair of nice black BB Wool trousers there just this past weekend for around $5 among other things, I'm too lazy to upload pics though but maybe one day. Unique Thrift in Falls Church is a MUST. Especially on Mondays (everything 25% off).

11. cpmac7

cpmac7 Well-Known Member

After seeing all of DM7s stuff I feel like all my finds are just bad. Found 2 pairs of Canali NWT sz. 34 pants today, thats good I guess :embar:

Oh just got a message from a friendly ebay buyer at 1 am in the morning.....

"Dear cpmac7,

Why are you so primitive and not shipp outside US, whit all problem your country have you shud hjelp your country with some exsport., shame on you

- XXXX"

Is this anyone in here? :box:

12. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Well-Known Member

three Camicissima shirts in lil' fella size, tentative cost+shipping dibs already called for one of the homies.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Well-Known Member

He's murdering you in the "fanciest brother" category.

14. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Yup, but it was I that taught him the difference between good stuff and bad stuff :laugh:

Just like poker, I mean heck, I remember when I first taught my wife how to play Texas holdem, we have a party with guests, I am the expert, and she cleans the clock. It seemed like every single time she was in the pot and actually betting, the bet was not a bluff and she had a stone cold good hand. She remains the only person I have ever met that managed a straight flush in an actual card game. Beginners luck, I dont know!?

Oh yeah, she had no beginners luck when I taught her how to play Chess though :lol:

15. 330CK

330CK Well-Known Member

Found this yesterday, was going to post until DM7 had his clothesgasm all over this thread, but now that that's all cleaned up, here it is. All my other wintercoats will be sold this coming winter and replaced with this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The only downside is living in Florida, I'll get maybe two and a half chances to wear it.

16. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

wieso und wofür?

no plans. weather is bad and it is damn cold. will take care of my shoes. deliver one pair to a good friend and have a try on on friday with a cool dude. that's it.
    drinking is never a plan.

17. rayxlui

rayxlui Well-Known Member

So I have exactly $50. What should I pick up with my $50?

a. Black, recent Gucci blazer for $50. I fit it, but I've got a lot of black blazers, although this fits better.
    b. Black, recent Luciano Barbera Sartoriale blazer for $60 (by borrowing from my girlfriend). I fit it, but lapels are a wee wide for my taste.
    c. Awesome Cucinelli shirt that'd I wear everyday for $40.

18. 951socal

951socal Well-Known Member

19. MattR

MattR Well-Known Member

If it was someone on here, that would be the best prank ever. Trolling for exports.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  20. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

What country were they from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.