1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

Did you not see the size of that Zegna slim fit? I figured you'd have dibs'd the crap outa that thing.

I had the same reaction to the leather blazer as Spoo. Maybe there's hope for me yet....

2. Greg613

Greg613 Well-Known Member

It is going to be funny when a first time poster pops in to show off his square toed Kennith Cole's and his Van Heusen shirt and takes the 30,000th post.

3. concealed

concealed Well-Known Member

Bought the Van Heusen for himself, but found a huge stash of Yves St. Laurent Monsieur ties to flip on ebay

4. MattR

MattR Well-Known Member

I don't think the color combination is bad, but I'm not that big a fan of everything else. Casey said it, but this makes you look very bulky all around, and you're clearly a skinnier fella so it looks odd. In addition to what Casey said, the shoulders look a tad wide, and the arms look too big, in addition to being too long. Also, pinpoint collars are a matter of preference, but I find they make most tie knots look weird and too constricted in relation to your neck. Anyway, glad to see this trend is still alive.

5. GHo

GHo Well-Known Member

for 30K I wanted to drop this sweet ass picture of 16 (yes 16) nicely starched shirts in assorted colors and perfectly lined up as if it were the Thrift find of the year.

And then reveal that they were ALL Stafford :crazy: and in my father-in-laws closet. :embar:

...to go with his treasure trove of van heusen, tommy, and stafford ties. WINNING! (all available :smarmy:)

6. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Ha ha, we should retrospective this thread on the worst shit ever posted. There have been some doozies. The worst tend to be the ties. Somehow this thread attracts its share of 80's talbotts and brands that at were haut in the 60's but have since turned to absolute shit.

7. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

13.) 5 bucks says Darkmatter7 is sitting there with a maxxed-out reply box from today's massive haul, just waiting to press submit.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  8. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

I did not.

9. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Well-Known Member

Just a few things today while out tracking down some proxies from stalwart members:

Managed to get my hands on 5 pairs of matching all wooden trees: [​IMG](shipping is gonna be fun :D) Not Available

[​IMG]

Found this for you Dig! But then I saw the size :/ Black RLPL Polo (My first RLPL) It seemed to be more like a L than XL. Marked at $19 :/
    [​IMG]

Finally, picked up this amazing Gitman Bros for Bejamin's Shirt. Tagged L. Perfect condition Awesome horn buttons. The pictures dont do the fabric justice, it has a really nice look and feel to it. with a nice subtle over maroon overcheck. (Available - hoping to trade for a solid color shirt 16x34/35)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. valium

valium Well-Known Member

guys we share our triumphs here,but i wanna tell you about the biggest fuck up in thrifting history.
    i walked away today from a Maxalto B& B Italia sofa today because i didnt have my smartphone on me.for $129
    retail....$21000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    even used theres one listed in Culver city for $8500 (its the HARRY model)
    FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

9.) Can you go back????

12. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

[holds pinky to lips] +1 BILLion.

Oh, 8.

13. valium

valium Well-Known Member

lol why didnt i think of that,no some redneck was driving off with it FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    a redneck,my god what he will do to it i just wanna cry.

14. valium

valium Well-Known Member

ps my fuck up should have been post 30K...would have been fitting and ironic

15. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Well-Known Member

I bought a RLPL polo off Alan C last year...excellent condition but it fits more like a compression shirt.

16. Samuel Smith

that would lok OH SO GOOD in my condo :D

Yea it was small - it goes on sale thursday for 10$ if its there when I return in the early AM I will snag it and see if it works for him

17. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Well-Known Member

He's probably going to use it in the basement for when the guys come over to drink cheap beer.

18. grendel

grendel Well-Known Member

I'll sneak this in under the wire... since I looked old in my DB yesterday, here's one of the Ted Baker SC's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Well-Known Member

^^^ Nice shoes. Go!

20. Samuel Smith

EDIT: Once again - another strike out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.