• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Malcolm Kenneth, New York? Found a really nice overcoat by them/him. Has a tag in in that says 43R but it seems to fit me w/o a coat on. Haven't tried it with.

Also found a interesting gamer thing called the "Book of id" Apparently only 10,000 of these were made:

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Id_Anthology

Greg613

Reaction score
Figured I would give Marshall's a shot and evidently the nice clothes haven't made it to Atlanta yet.

MattR

Reaction score
Grabbed a really nice BB Makers tie in silver/navy houndstooth. Looks pretty recent.

Went a little belt crazy today, since I never grabbed any before. Needed one for myself, since my belt just cracked a day ago and I start a new job Tuesday. For myself, I found a black Woolrich belt, made in the US. Also grabbed a black leather BB belt w/ gold buckle (size 40, so probably too big for me). The leather is still real nice, although it could use a buffing. The only issue is the tab that slips into the belt hole is a little loose.

Can you use the same stuff to shine shoe leather for belts? I'd really like to, if that's possible. Also, does anyone have experience buffing brass? They both could use some elbow grease to get them top notch.

Unfortunately, can't seem to find the Chester Barrie trousers. Probably at some other store and will just get moved around. The GWs around here have been shifting stock recently, since I re-saw a nice HSM Gold Trumpeter in my size, but like before, can't find the pants. Lost in the sea of donated goods....

Manofstyle85

Reaction score
Can you use the same stuff to shine shoe leather for belts? I'd really like to, if that's possible. Also, does anyone have experience buffing brass? They both could use some elbow grease to get them top notch.
Don't think so. It may stain your belt loop

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some recent items to show off the HF orgy going on in my trunk this last week and to offer for sale before eBay. PM me quickly if you have any interest in a good price below eBay pricing before I get these listed here soon (listing today and tomorrow to start tomorrow night):

Hickey Freeman DB suit size 40R

Hickey Freeman Customized Tailoring 40 Short w/ Flat Front Pants

Gieves & Hawkes (made by HF) Dark Navy/Charcoal Flannel Piss-me-right-off Suit in 43L

I just sent FOUR HF/G&H suits to the tailor and then found this one and I like it better than the other four. I just love a nice medium weight flannel. I can't justify more tailoring costs so someone please buy this......fast.

Gieves & Hawkes Bespoke Light Gray Suit 40R

Canali Super 120s Jacket (presumably orphaned) - awesome 3 roll 2 size 54 (Euro) - I think it has enough panache to make is as a sport coat

Passat774

Reaction score
found this nice Orvis shirt in my size today. Thanks to this thread I knew it was something good.

37R3B2FH_LG.jpg

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Figured I would give Marshall's a shot and evidently the nice clothes haven't made it to Atlanta yet.

Checked the Marshall's out here. Ties saw Brooks Brothers and Vineyard Vines. Did see a BB suit in the clearance for $250...unfortunately it was a size 50.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

found this nice Orvis shirt in my size today. Thanks to this thread I knew it was something good.

37R3B2FH_LG.jpg

Thrifted the exact same shirt a couple years ago. Still in the rotation.

hikari013

Reaction score
Not a huge find, but I got two polo dress shirts today at a local thrift. Both are custom fit with the regent collar. No pocket and no pony.

a7413f6c.jpg

They are tagged 15/34 (purple) and 15.5/34 (blue), but the blue one's sleeves are pretty short. Probably like a 32. It also fits slimmer. The sleeves are too short for me and I can't wear it, so PM if anyone is interested. I'm keeping the purple one.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did the same when visiting my parents in central FL. They had a stock of four ties. I think Marshalls tiers the stores and doesn't send the good stuff everywhere.

Last edited:

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a huge find, but I got two polo dress shirts today at a local thrift. Both are custom fit with the regent collar. No pocket and no pony.
a7413f6c.jpg

They are tagged 15/34 (purple) and 15.5/34 (blue), but the blue one's sleeves are pretty short. Probably like a 32. It also fits slimmer. The sleeves are too short for me and I can't wear it, so PM if anyone is interested. I'm keeping the purple one.

I grabbed a nice dark purple check the other day - same thing without the pony and without the pocket - and found it to be a very nice shirt. It's one of the only ones I have found recently that run fairly slim and won't need the sides tailored...

Last edited:

hmmurdock

Reaction score

Went a little belt crazy today, since I never grabbed any before. Needed one for myself, since my belt just cracked a day ago and I start a new job Tuesday. For myself, I found a black Woolrich belt, made in the US. Also grabbed a black leather BB belt w/ gold buckle (size 40, so probably too big for me)..

If it's nice have it cut down. Most experienced cobblers should be able to do that no problem and shouldn't cost too much.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was gonna pick up a Burberry suit made of denimish material, pretty interesting but felt a size too big so I left it there. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads