1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Well-Known Member

Oh shit PlayDice has been summoned

2. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Well-Known Member

I wore sweatpants in public for the first time today. Not like designer drop-crotch Givenchy or Yeezy sweats. Faded old indoor / yard work sweats. To the grocery store.

/confession

10 people like this.
  3. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

A few t-shirts from my only stop today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought this one was a bit of an ironic find in a thrift shop...

[​IMG]

Oh, and a thrift brag. I found this back in March, and finally got around to listing it today.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

But like they were then totally like joggers though pulled slightly up your calf obviously though right?

5. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

Good luck with that...

6. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

WHY ARE YOU SO SMALL?
    THAT you've seen?
    DO WANT

7. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Well-Known Member

Currently incarcerated?

8. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Well-Known Member

Maybe it's my fifth old fashioned, but I am fucking mezmerisec by that gif

9. jumpman1231

jumpman1231 Well-Known Member

Thought I'd posted this earlier but apparently it didn't... Cross post from Facebook but I thought you guys would appreciate this take from today's thrifting for me...
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  10. namdaemun

namdaemun Well-Known Member

Good looking out bruh

11. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

Well word is shits not great on a personal level.....but regardless, dude comes and dude goes. Talk to him everyday for 2 weeks and then disappears for 6 months.

12. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

Goin out on a limb here, but you happen to be a denim guy? Those measurements of the slacks being one inch below the crotch seam and across is the measurement of the upper block for denim.....with slacks you actually lay them on their side so the seam is flat and you lift up the front leg and flip it up. Then you measure at the crotch seam straight across for the thigh on slacks. Then the knee is 13 inches down from the exact point of the crotch seam, opposed to 14 inches down from the spot one inch from the crotch seam you were originally measuring at, like you would with denim.

13. thebuddahman

thebuddahman Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  14. mrcmcklwht

mrcmcklwht Well-Known Member

@Jompso have you been to the Round Two store? Would be fun to see you in the show, they seem to pay pretty fair for stuff

15. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

I actually haven't yet, however my last thrift stop when the machines stopped working so they are holding all my stuff that I'm picking up tomorrow is within minutes of the spot. So me and Chris will definitely go in there and peep it and I'll take tons of shots for everyone so you guys can see what the spot is like.....but me personally, I boxed up and shipped off most of my Polo Sport, Vtg Polo, Polo Town and Country, and Polo Tennis stuff to @PLaydice a while back. I honestly can't stand that market cuz to be honest, besides the historic pieces from those lines, nothing else is truly worth anything....until that one person comes around who all of a sudden it's worth a shit load to. There's no equivalent to a Kelly Blue book on that stuff, it's a totally unpredictable, wavering, and truly circumstantial subculture of clothing and I have no desire to take any part of trying to profit off of it. I'm more than happy to help anyone out who has questions about which pieces they should be looking out for, and what types of designs, logos, patches, lines, models etc... they specifically wanna keep an eye out for and also what to always pass on as well, but me? I do not partake.

2 people like this.
  16. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

I'm actually looking at their inventory right now, and it's literally a poor version of 3 really dope stores within minutes of them. "And Still" for all authentic vintage Sportswear. LA Flight Club - for literally every fucking pair of sneakers you could ever fucking want...ever. And then a Union/Supreme combo. They're literally just like a poor version of those three spots, not very impressed. You guys should check those stores out if you wanna see actual impressive shit.

17. mrcmcklwht

mrcmcklwht Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  18. Dirt

Dirt Well-Known Member

Fair enough. However, it should be said that if you're looking at their online inventory, it is in stark contrast to what they actually have in the store. They keep the store stock and the website stock totally separate and things available in store are generally unavailable online.

One thing I don't get is how they seem to have single handedly created this little market for vintage bootleg items and other bullshit like 90's wrestling tees and random obnoxious patterned 80's and 90's stuff that has little to no value outside their universe but they've somehow convinced their customers that it is "fire" and can get a premium price for an item that you would be very hard pressed to sell on eBay for peanuts. Just an observation from watching the show. Dunno if anyone else picked up on that. I guess it's just a testament to their influence/hypebeast nature of their average customer.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  19. Bahljs

Bahljs Well-Known Member

Like this?

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. Bahljs

Bahljs Well-Known Member

On that same note, did you see last episode where a TLC (I think) shirt sold for $800?