1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

The 13s Playoffs? And they look legit from here??...yesssiirr.

2. impuntura

impuntura Well-Known Member

What's a realistic price?

3. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Well-Known Member

Usually when Matthew blows into town, he grabs all the gold and zooms off in his Ferrari.
    I plan to hawk the sun lenses on ebay, further defraying my cost. I'll never get Lasik, and am hard on my glasses so need new ones every few years and by then they're too beat to resell...only useful as old spares just in case.

5 people like this.
  4. Darkadious

Darkadious Well-Known Member

For whoever was asking about a decent camera for pictures. Assuming your phone camera is shit, you can get an iPhone SE used on craigslist for $300, no more than $325. Really good mobile camera and a great phone.

The next step would be to grab an older DSLR body for $3-400 and drop another $80-120 on a lens. But really the SE will have very comparable pictures for eBay. You won't find much of a difference until you spend around $700 for a camera. I'm sure there are android phones that have comparable cameras if that's your thing.

You can also use Adobe Lightroom and batch edit all of your photos if the colors are a little off or if you want to change the lighting. You can try it out for free, pay $10 a month, or pirate it. It's a great tool but probably more than most care to use.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  5. impuntura

6. TheODGuy

TheODGuy Well-Known Member

100% Pam Anderson.

7. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

Did you run the reference number?

8. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

pls explain?

9. impuntura

How about the gold ones shit too?

10. Darkadious

all silicone, baby.

11. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

See if you can Google search the reference number on the tag of the Gold Dunks. Those new are worth a few hundred, so probably a few bucks used, however odds of being real, I have no clue.

12. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

yeah i know what the pam reference is thx

just curious what he sees with those jordans. no worries, tho - i'll pick it up. osmotically.

13. Principle

Principle Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to say that this is bad advice. Lenses depreciate in value a lot less than camera bodies, and will do most of the heavy lifting for your images to look professional. That is to say, a lens that is taken care of will still be a good lens some time from now, meaning you would lose less money in the future if you sell all the photography gear.

There is some technical reasoning for this, so to keep it short, I'll just say PM people for this extra information.

In my experience, a decent wide angle lens 35 or less will do the trick. Especially if you shoot in really close quarters and can't back up. Older entry level DSLRs are perfect for the task because they're cheap, and you will be shooting low resolution photography anyway to stay within the eBay limits of image size. I have found exposure compensation to be immensely useful to tweaking exposure to accurately reflect color (there are brief guides on YouTube as to how to use this feature). This way your navy suit won't look charcoal or black, etc.

Another question would be whether you would ever use this camera for anything else, because if not, it's harder to make a case for a DSLR.

Im a hobbyist photographer, and I will concede that I don't spend as much time crafting beautiful eBay photography that some of the other members here. But I think you'd be making a mistake spending four hundred on a DSLR and one hundred on a lens.

14. TheODGuy

TheODGuy Well-Known Member

Reference Tag is fake and neon green hologram is way off center and the 23 hologram is wrinkled.

Legit reference tag: [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Letric

Letric Well-Known Member

The bottom soles of those seem pretty crudely shaped and cut to me... the red parts. Look how the edges are a bit dodgy. Also the inner web / spanning parts seem to be white or black on others, whereas its red on yours. Also notice the yellow Jordan logo... no black border around it on the ones below. Yours have that gap/border.

Couple pics of others:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not an expert on Jordans, nor do I know if these photos are of actual legit pieces... but they're worth comparing to those.

16. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Well-Known Member

Probably a sign I should keep going tonight right?

[​IMG]

26 people like this.
  17. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

Damn, I had them jumpoffs in the red colorway back in the day...guess my Jordan game isn't on point like it used to be.

18. Letric

Letric Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Darkadious

Id disagree with this. I only know canon tech but all of their budget $100-$130 lenses will do more than enough for what needs to be done for eBay purposes. Definitely don't need to drop $300+ and even the budget ones only depreciate by 20-30 dollars.

you can't really say a 35mm lens is appropriate without taking into account of the camera and shooting location. If you're using a crop sensor camera, which most budget camera bodies are, a 35mm lens can be a little too close quarters for a good amount of people depending on the size of their shooting location., which I imagine for most is a small room.

I'm not really sure what you disagree with (aside the lens) because you say budget DSLRs are perfect for this which is essentially what I said.

Lenses definitely do a lot of driving for the camera, but the camera has to be able to take advantage of the lens, too.

20. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Well-Known Member

Finally something worth a shit at Ross. My size too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.