1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Well-Known Member

@impunutra. Those are baller. Those, the yokos, and the sidewalks are about as rare as it gets. Dope find man!

Best of the last couple days.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    NA, gone already
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tods
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  2. impuntura

impuntura Well-Known Member

These are the ones you want 18carat $5000 USD
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't count any of the solid gold ones. Like the 8498. Solid 18k with platinum details and 24k gold tinted lenses.

4. aging in rhythm

aging in rhythm Well-Known Member

Just one thing today

Z Zegna white linen jacket - 40L

There are a few spots on it but it looks like they never even bothered taking it to the dry cleaners

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. Dirt

Dirt Well-Known Member

I imagine you would either have to be a super hot blonde or the guy on the left to pull those off..
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. 330CK

330CK Well-Known Member

9 people like this.
  7. JackFlash

JackFlash Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Damn it, @330CK

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    3 people like this.
  8. TexJake

TexJake Well-Known Member

Almost gave up on this store... Will have to come back soon and see what else spills out. [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  9. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Well-Known Member

I've given up on one of my local places a bunch of times. Something always keeps me coming back!

3 people like this.
  10. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

hey just cause you don't get laid every night don't mean ya give up women (or men whichever the case may be)

6 people like this.
  11. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Well-Known Member

A few recent things.

Canali
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Etro
    [​IMG]
    RLBL tux shirt
    [​IMG]
    AE
    [​IMG]
    C&J for BB
    [​IMG]
    EZ
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  12. AHS

AHS Well-Known Member

My good luck this week continues...

[​IMG]

AHS

21 people like this.
  13. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

That's cuz your above your early to mid 20s tops (older and involvment and that's just crazy guys). It essentially means that getting shoes these days are fucking impossible because of how insane the shoe game is. The releases your waiting on are already almost entirely sold to dudes who have deals with the boutiques and they turn around and sell them for like x10 the retail. Otherwise, the "bots" are like middle eastern computer farm workers that you pay, and their job is to hacked into the networks of Nike or whomever your poison may be, to cut you to the front of the line, giving you the best shot and probably still not getting what you want.

Oh 100% agreed and just for the record, due to me being not sure of the tone of your response. I never thought to or began to question the fact that silk was not a viable source fiber/Primary composition fiber/Sole composition, in regards to producing Silk. I just merely had never heard of this and was immediately super interested and wantted a Pm because once, aware, ownership became necessary.
    Or rich, doctor, mid '80s, red drop top 911 Targa, and half of Columbia sharing the Seat belt with a female friend less than half your age....

Or you can always just opt to make sure that latter issue is never confronted in the first place..... fake books,made up courses, and zero enrollment isn't gonna pay for itself.... not exactly in line with the original point, but always a good life lesson to pass a long nonetheless...

1. It's Velvet regardless. If your curious as to it's true composition, well that would be a little more complicated, probably not be easily found out. Earlier RLBL, with the Caruso tag still attach, obviously states composition of 100% Cotton, so mystery solved. These suits also are more or less just mediocre Caruso work, they are nothing special at all, thus the fabric being basic falls in line and makes perfect sense. Now after Ralph was somehow able to get those manufacturers to contractually agree to no longer place their manucfacturering tags inside the garments, the RLBL production also happened to get much much better, far greater quality. I dunno if your tags are cut or you know which you have, but if newer it could more likely be a cotton cash mix....maybe? I couldn't tell you for sure, probably never will. But that's what I can tell you.

2 people like this.
  14. Spruce Moose

Spruce Moose Well-Known Member

No loop so fake right? I picked it out a mile away but was quite sad when no loop

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My first time seeing a Robert Graham tie. I liked the pattern and made in USA
    [​IMG]

15. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

No Loop? What loop are you referencing? The keeper? Cuz it's very much there. That shit's real, dunno what has you doubting.........and sorry zero comment on the other.

3 people like this.
  16. vexco

vexco Well-Known Member

Judging by the angle of the twill, I'd say real.

1 person likes this.
  17. vexco

vexco Well-Known Member

He's referencing the thread loop that's usually under the blade folds but it could be on the other end as well. Either way, real in my opinion.

18. Spruce Moose

Spruce Moose Well-Known Member

Bah. I left it. Someone here told me all real Hermes ties have a thread loop on the inside and top that you pull to tighten the stitching or something.

Or I'm completely mistaken?

19. vexco

vexco Well-Known Member

Twill angle and color on the inside of the tie just point to real for me. I've only found like 5-6 personally but I can usually spot a fake Hermes pretty easily.

20. Dirt

Dirt Well-Known Member

Sorry to bring this guy up again but just wanted to get a confirmation that this is Caruso, yes?

2 people like this.