• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, where do i find this database you speak of? i guessed anyone could have moved the tags but here's the thing,.it has no hologram but that could be because they only *started* putting them in in 2011 and this could be older or existing stock from that date. The armpatch looks legit but the stitching around it looks bad. It has Made in Canada all over it and in the content tag and the whole thing feels great, like solid good quality so i was 50/50 at first but now im about 75/25 it's a real older model and  'i want to believe'
well now that I look at the details closer the problems I see are.

1. Tag is at bottom of coat and not attached to top coat hanger.

2. The interior upper label is for the 2011 onward models that's why I was saying to check the hologram. "BUT" the hang tag is that of the 1990's it should look like an outdoor scene of the northern lights. With these two labels being from different generations it would most definitely be suspect. The hang tag should be rounded at the bottom to match the interior age not flat and that generation there was about 5 tags stacked together in total when new. Now there is only one tag and theyve moved everything to interior tags. The jacket should have ykk zippers no exceptions. The one thing that both cg AND moncler take the most time in and pride themselves on is there exterior logo patches. Just like last week when someone had the moncler the patch alone was a huge turnoff. There patches are perfect in quality and placement always. The patches alone will speak for there authentication. Extremely good embroidery for both companies on there patches they will be tight and clean.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to buy this.....

snackbandit

Reaction score
This is something, right? Pure cashmere long coat, made in UK. Know this has been discussed here before, but the brand escapes me

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I e-thrifted a pair of Bally loafers. Not the cheesy kind from the 80's. They look like great shoes. Well made and they have very little wear. I was going to brag about them. But, Damn! These things are hurting my feet! They feel sturdy and solid and even look good. But, one is rubbing the **** out of my little toe. I think my toe and the shoes are going to war! What's the concensus about Bally shoes? Are these bragworthy? I'm wondering if I shouldn't put them back on ebay. I guess this sort of qualifies as a thrift fit. I e-thrifted the shoes, the pants are the trousers from a Burberry Suit I thrifted (for $8) and I'm wearing a BB shirt thrifted for $4. I think the socks were a gift.
Usually need to size up in Italian vs us shoes Unless you have slim feet

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pas check your marshals
Catch and release I tagged but nwot

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Usually need to size up in Italian vs us shoes
Unless you have slim feet

I do have narrow feet. Usually I wear 11.5 Narrow. These are 11D, they are the right size, I think I need to break them in or sell them. I like the color and style, just that one toe is driving me nuts.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Trying to buy this.....

Jesus. I hope you are trying really hard. If you don't buy, I'm sure others (including myself) would be happy for a proxy. I didn't even know Oxxford offered vicuña! One of these in going to get one of those for myself!

Kazoo

Reaction score
Pas check your marshals
Catch and release I tagged but nwot

Yup, just got back from one near me. 3 pair Bills Khakis, 2 Jack Victor sport coats, pair of Incotex, staple Hickey Freeman navy blazer. left a RLPL sweater that isn't marked down yet. Going to check out another store in town.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was reading about that Porsche experience a few weeks ago - sounds like some good old fashioned fun!

If you could spare 300 bones of thrift money, I think it would be killer for an hour and a half on that track.

noob15

Reaction score
Couple of things from today.

Nikon D300 @ 7% of retail. N/A

My shearling game is weak,but I took a chance on this coat. Made in Sweden by C.O. Ericson & Co. Any info would be appreciated. Missing a button on the front, but there's a spare. I dug into it and I think it's real, but otherwise, I'm lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads