• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinderStick

Reaction score

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where's @TJGent87 ?

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rest of stuff from today. All available. Apologies for the glut of pictures.

Timberland Boot Co(10), Alden shortwing shells(10.5), AE orthotics

Brioni Roman Style Suit? Legit check pls.

JAB patchwork madras SC. Vent still basted. 48R

Armani Collezioni wool cardigan. XL

Norman Hilton staple navy SC. 44R

Unstructured Boss SC. Usually don't pick it up but this thing is nice. 42R

2 x Zegna, T&A barrel cuff, Mischka

Canali dual vent, J. Crew moon tweed(40R)

Hickey Freeman Sport 100% cashmere cable knit. Large

Marmot shell(Men's L), Marmot shell(Women's S), kids Mountain Hardwear puffer.

A first for me. Mabitex chocolate cords.

@Nataku or @Fueco This is the North Face I want, yes?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rest of stuff from today. All available. Apologies for the glut of pictures. @Nataku or @Fueco This is the North Face I want, yes?
Sorry man, but not super valuable. Probably mid 80's. There are exceptions and I may be wrong here, but my observation is that with TNF clothing, it has to either be from the 70's or recent to be worth picking up for resale.

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, but not super valuable. Probably mid 80's. There are exceptions and I may be wrong here, but my observation is that with TNF clothing, it has to either be from the 70's or recent to be worth picking up for resale.

It's all good, thanks dude. Just saw the brown label and thought that's what I was looking for. Will keep that in mind for next time.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can you see the date on the back of the GoreTex tag? I think that's the second generation one, so likely 83-85. I've done pretty well with super early GoreTex shells (1981-2).

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you see the date on the back of the GoreTex tag? I think that's the second generation one, so likely 83-85. I've done pretty well with super early GoreTex shells (1981-2).

'84, I think.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Teak dining set complete with six chairs.full length teak mirror.and somebody threw out this awesome vintage drafting table by the dumpster by my storage which is exactly what i needed for working on projects using a workbench.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Few highlights from the last few days...

Is it John Ashford? Is it Alan Flusser? No... it's actually the real thing... first time I've seen it in Cleveland.

Missing keeper label. Glad I looked closer.

Minty PRL 100% silk

Vintage (70s?) Orvis

Not true thrift, but $80 AE McGregors from Burlington (hat tip to whoever posted that a few weeks ago). I've desperately been looking to fill in the gap in my wardrobe between sneakers and dress shoes. This saved me from caving and buying boat shoes or blucher mocs.

No idea what this thing is (other than a "riding shirt"), and no idea how long I'll have to sit on it, but I know it retails for $295 and still has the tags on it, so I kopped. Anyone know a size 4 equestrian?

Finally, no photos yet, but picked up another Astor & Black Scabal suit. Had to leave another behind due to stains.

... and now, without further ado, the blooper reel:

Are you allowed to buy consonants?

Got excited... never find shoes...

gNA0ZSd.gif

Is Moto Polo a thing here now?

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had a whole Broyhill Brasilia bedroom set I dumped on Craigslist when I moved for less than $200. (I paid less than $100 for it, so I guess that's not too bad.) Don't know how much that stuff fetches, but I wish I knew then what I know now.

I also have an anonymous Danish modern loveseat that needs to be fixed. (The back separated, and I either need to reupholster the cushions or just get new ones made.) No pics, but it's a really beautiful piece (except the vinyl cushions), like something Crate & Barrel would knock off and charge $1k+ for.

Do you have any recommendations for finding a good furniture repair shop that won't ruin vintage stuff?

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea what this thing is (other than a "riding shirt"), and no idea how long I'll have to sit on it, but I know it retails for $295 and still has the tags on it, so I kopped. Anyone know a size 4 equestrian?
For future reference, never buy something just because it is NWT's. Also in eBay terms, that would make that item, when NWT's, have a resale value of only roughly 80 or so bucks for you now. And on top of that you have something you don't know anything about and purchased knowing you may be sitting on it. Add this one to the you thrift and you learn list.

noob15

Reaction score
@VanVeen

adieu = goodbye
ado = heightened fuss or concern

Nice haul dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads