• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
God damn I hate posting after Spoo. Hit a new store today. It was raining trad. This is about half of what I had in my cart. Put a bunch back due to price (does the Goodwill warehouse staff just roll dice when pricing?), condition, or obvious orphan.

Not sure if this is what ya'll call "fodder." I've got enough true vintage to get the Etsy store going now, though.

Camel sportcoat fits me perfectly and will replace my beloved polyester one. Love the football buttons and patch pockets.

Also: I passed on Mani by Armani (SUPER 80s/90s styling... SUPER low gorge and buttoning point... almost a woman's blazer), Canali Proposta (diffusion line?), YSL white label Made in Canada. I also passed on an Armani Collezioni blazer yesterday that was cotton/synthetic blend. Are these good passes? This stuff is outside my wheelhouse right now.

Last edited:

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found 2 Vince Mcmahon Zegna blazers. Not sure if that counts. I think Vince just got arrested too

Last edited:

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this the complete list of cool stuff from A-list famous dudes we've seen here?

Calvin Klein - Caraceni suit

Will Smith - Tom Ford suits

Eric Clapton - Savile Row suits

Jason Statham - Cucinelli jacket

Didn't somebody find a navy tuxedo owned by John Williams?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the complete list of cool stuff from A-list famous dudes we've seen here?

Calvin Klein - Caraceni suit
Will Smith - Tom Ford suits
Eric Clapton - Savile Row suits
Jason Statham - Cucinelli jacket

I don't know if Senator Jay Rockefeller counts. OR Charles Koch. Both of them have more money than those on this list. But, I am sure are not as famous to the average Joe on the street.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about @snackbandit finding a Tom Ford jacket owned by Randy Jackson?

AND @va230815 found a bunch of Dr. Phil Anto shirts.

There is an old story about Kirstie Alley and John Travolta donating a bunch to thrift stores in Wichita. Kirstie Alley owns a few homes here and also has a Scientology Center. Wichita is also the air capital of the world and John Travolta has brought his planes here for service/repair and met up with Kirstie Alley when she was here.

Probably one of those urban legends. I know I have not found anything from them.

snackbandit

Reaction score
After a much needed holiday vacation I finally got around to opening @SpooPoker 's secret santa package!
I was absolutely stoked to find a plethora of practically all NWT goodies awaiting me.

It was a pleasure participating in this year's exchange, and thanks again to @HansderHund for organizing it (and the @capnwes assist) and I definitely can't wait for the next.

T&A and Church's ties
Anonymous Ism socks
Isaia camo square
Tindari french cuffed shirt (super crispy)
Aspesi cardigan
Nigel Cabourn wool scarf

Already rocking two of the pieces today
mwink[1].gif
(see below)

Another big ups to @330CK for the deal on this Eng Tay piece.. just recently found out the artist is a watch collector and prolific Paneristi, making me an even bigger fan.

You know I just couldn't help myself from thrift/consignment/discount runs during the vacay..

Run-free Charvet

Skingraft leather/cotton hoodie

Maison Kitsune safari jacket

J.Crew waxed cotton

UK made Barbour -NA

Raf Simons x Fred Perry -NA for now

Cuci denim jacket in a sick eggplant color that looks ridiculous in person -NA

Cuci db

Another big ups to @AlexJ1100 for the proxy on this ridiculous pure ca$h Etro
This FU ensemble is brought to you by:

Pure ca$h Etro (underpriced consignment proxy)
Tindari shirt (Spoo Thriftmas)
Isaia square (Spoo Thriftmas)
Anon made in France wool/cash tie (thrift)
Massimo Dutti paisley pants (thrift)
Loro Piana brown woven belt (non-pictured e-thrift)
Dunhill brown wholecuts (non-pictured e-thrift)
Gold Omega Constellation ref 168.029 w/ original solid gold milanese bracelet

Ending 2015 with no ***** given. Love this forum.

Last edited:

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snack... you sure that barbour is unavail.. yousure?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know if Senator Jay Rockefeller counts. OR Charles Koch.   Both of them have more money
than those on this list.  But, I am sure are not as famous to the average Joe on the street. 

If I found Kock's piss-stained Zanellas, I'd post Pics all over the Internet.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this reminds me... if anyone has one of these N-3B's laying around in a S, 36, or a 38. I'll buy. Already posted this in the Unofficial buy/sell/trade thread but no bites so hoping this works better. 

Just passed on one yesterday in a shiny light blue. I can go back and check if it's still there in the next day or two if you'd like.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, why not for 6 bucks. Wait, it comes with the bag? My, you are too kind, thrift shop!

Super recent and oh, pop!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads