1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

You tried Gimp?

1 person likes this.
  2. maro2280

maro2280 Well-Known Member

@Woofa JM Weston internal stamps and heel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. eazye

eazye Well-Known Member

Yea..... he didn't really work out.....
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  4. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Well-Known Member

Thomas Burberry was a diffusion line that didn't last long, don't think anyone took the time to fake it since the price point was pretty low to begin witj Edit: that hang tag looks suspect tho. Shit might be fake after all

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  5. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Anyone need a new super white polo shirt?

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  6. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Well-Known Member

The t shirt will make a comfortable pyjama top after all. The gang tag spelt "Knight" wrong so definitely fugazzi.

7. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Well-Known Member

Great description! But, Defcon 4 would be relatively peaceful.

I know there are flippers here in Wichita, but the ones I see most of the time are flipping through the jeans and T-Shirts (things I know nothing about and have not had good luck with. I saw a kid (maybe 14-15) in a thrift that had a huge collection of SC and Suits. From afar, I could see him opening up the jackets and I thought he was looking at labels. I was impressed with a kid that age doing that. But, when I got closer I realized he was just reaching in to check the pockets for stuff left by the donor. He saw me watching him and he said "last week I found a $20 bill and a bunch of gum!"

A couple weeks ago there was a guy ahead of me flipping through suits and he got to one and said "Yes! Haggar!" I am not kidding. This was a grown man and he thought he struck gold with Haggar. I saw him later checking out and he had the same suit and a bunch of Shitty pants and told the cashier it was all Haggar! When I checked the suits, he had left me a Zegna 15MilMil.

I have never seen a LV or Goyard Trunk in a thrift. I would have to restrain myself from knocking every old lady out of the way to get to it. I would feel bad about it, but if I see one in a thrift, no one is getting it but me!

3 people like this.
  8. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Well-Known Member

I am guessing that is a dig at the Republican's being the party of white people. I put together a huge post, then realized I was doing the same thing I was upset about. This is a Political free zone, there are dozens of threads for your witty comments. Please don't clutter this thread with Political discussions.

9. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Apparently, it's a humor-free zone as well? Seriously, why are people so sensitive lately?

5 people like this.
  10. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

Been Had Chelsea Boots, Made in England

[​IMG]

Clarks Chukka

[​IMG]

Clarks Chukka, sad these do not fit.

[​IMG]

Cutting this Longines loose, had it checked out at the jeweler, and their watch guy quoted me about double what I was willing to pay for repair. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the bright side, my Great Aunt told me yesterday she has my Great Great Great Grandfathers pocket watch that she wants me to have. It hasn't been used since he was living (30s) so she wants to have it serviced before she gives it to me. Can't wait to see it! I have no #brodeetz on it yet.

9 people like this.
  11. Principle

Principle Well-Known Member

12. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Well-Known Member

I thought it was funny. If it was a BIG white guy GOP polo I would buy it! Not trying to turn this into a political discussion.

I am as Republican as a person can be . . .

I worked for Roy Blunt when he was just Congressman Roy Blunt instead of Senator Blunt. I'm friends with the whole Ashcroft Family (I went to church and college with most of them) worked for Senator Ashcroft before he was Attorney General. I have regularly delivered a speech about Ronald Reagan to Churches, Charities, Lion's Clubs, Political organizations, I'm from Springfield, Missouri which is the not just the bible belt, it is the Diamond on the buckle of the Bible Belt, I even sleep on the right side of the bed! I founded the Washburn Law School Republicans, Hell, I have TWO Ronald Reagan Carved Meerschaum pipes!

Despite all this, I have a sense of humor about the GOP.

6 people like this.
  13. Principle

Principle Well-Known Member

I ship most of my stuff in the provided boxes from USPS, but definitely get the envelopes for the lighter stuff from the recyclables in the department mail room.

14. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

I love all sorts of humor, and try to keep the mood light. I'll take jabs at my own candidate in this horse race as well...

But yeah, it was a very white polo shirt. The cleanest 28 year old shirt I've ever found, as a matter of fact. The fact that I found it at the same place as a pair of 1988 Patagonia Stand Up Pants makes me want to envision someone wearing the two pieces together. Maybe with a Patagonia Blazer. I think that would be the most awesome Republican ever...

As for politics. Yes, I'm a Liberal-leaning Libertarian type. That should surprise no one. What might surprise you is that I voted for Pat Buchanan in the first Presidential Primary election I was eligible to vote in (1996). I then voted Libertarian until 2012 (except for 2008 General when I voted for W). My politics shifted a bit when I got the shaft after the Great Recession of 2008, and a bit more in the last couple of years. I'll still keep my promise of not putting anything political into my avatar until the day before the Caucus here in Colorado (if you want to know, look for it on February 29).

2 people like this.
  15. cpmac7

cpmac7 Well-Known Member

The Heaviest Shearling Bomber Leather Jacket I have ever had. Probably 20-25 lbs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21 people like this.
  16. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

I mean. Why are you mad if it's true?

This is from a gallop poll in 2012.

It's not really a political discussion as much as it is a statement of fact. GOP voters are overwhelmingly white relative to the other 'parties'. You can't really argue with that lol.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. My Main Man

My Main Man Well-Known Member

Great 6-month-old idea, @My Main Man ! You sure are one brilliant human being. I want to kiss your boobs.

16 people like this.
  18. Nataku

Nataku Well-Known Member

These were a bitter-sweet acquisition. My last surviving uncle on my father's side is in very poor health. His life was motorcycles, his Corvette, photography and computers (he worked at Intel in the late 70's, etc). He wanted to keep this stuff in the family and wanted us to come pick them while he was still somewhat able to tell us the stories behind them. This would also be the last time we would see him, so my father and I flew down to Santa Barbera this past weekend. Spent as much time with him as possible (he sleeps a lot and speaking takes a lot of energy so it was pretty much limited to questions/answers. It was an emotional trip.

We had the Vette shipped home to Minnesota, the motorcycles prepped for pickup/transport and paperwork/titles sorted out. Ended up with an SUV full of family photos/heirlooms, cameras and photography stuff and other miscellaneous (he was a pack rat and kept everything).

The Vette is a 1972 Stingray with the deluxe dark saddle interior. 350 base with a 3 spd auto. He bought it from the original owner in 1977 when he moved out to California. I asked if he thought it was "all original" and he said the original owner used to race it at various tracks in SoCal, so there was definitely some modifications under the hood. Will be interesting to take a closer look once it gets here. Spent a couple hours last night looking through all the paperwork he has on it.

The Norton is a 1975 Commando 850 MkIII. He purchased it new from the last Norton dealer in Minnesota. Was originally a Roadster with a white tank. My aunt purchased a "Interstate" seat and gas tank for the trip out to California and the bike was turned into an "Interstate". They kept the original gas tank and seat, so those came home with us. Also got a few boxes of spare parts, many NOS.

The red bike is a 1987 Kawasaki Concurs 1000. My father wanted that one. Just had the engine rebuilt.

15 people like this.
  19. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Well-Known Member

More vintage. Anyone know the age of these? I'm probably going to keep em all so it doesn't really matter. Thanks vintage trad donor!

Edit:B.B. Marinella
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21 people like this.
  20. aging in rhythm

aging in rhythm Well-Known Member

Deets? Size 10!?