• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Then had my summer shoes taken off the ride today. Audi service rep comes out and says um we curbed your wheel on the jack cause it's to low. Now I gotta wait 6 weeks for a new rim but they'll be off so no big deal but geez.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOWSERS! That is a throne! I want one of those.

In terms of dating it, that's going to be hard to do unless you can find some sort of markings. Is there nothing? That style of chair and in that quality was made by a lot of manufacturers over decades. So, without a real expert who can identify specific shapes in the lathed wood, I think you might have a hard time nailing down (pun intended) a date.

aw hell, i was going to post all my finds today but ill get to that later. This puppy is fantastic. @impuntura @330CK @ChetB i know (think) its a chesterfield but any thoughts on date or any other things? Its a keeper, not a flipper. No markings that I can see. The bottom feels like metal springs under a canvas sheet that is hand nailed to the frame.

The fact that you got a piece of vintage tufted leather furniture when everyone and their ******* mothers is trying to get on a chseterfeld right now, for 59 goddman dollars, is insane....meanwhile I'm out checkin out replica Courbousier lounges for my living room for 4 bills.... I need to hit the ******* furniture parts of these places...

PM me some detailed shots, constructional stuff, makers mark if you can spot one, etc..whatever you think may loo like it's important...I'll be able to get a real good ballpark for you at leastt, more specific details even maybe

Edit: I mean I can tell flat out that that ******* thing was handmade entirel, that wood is probably walnut with cherry lacquer finishing which is probably fairly recent, zero shot that''s leather cover, those brass pieces are constructional and keeping that **** pulled tight as ****, and thats all hand.... the thing is epic quality no ******* doubt, the leather grade A no doubt, but if you have an original piece you maybe sitting litterally on some ******* gold.....obvious restoration has been done but that doesn't in any way affect value or anything, only if pieces have been replaced, damages been repaired poorly and stuff like that

Last edited:

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice pop for me today. This is N/A.

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
All available :D

Gieves & Hawkes XL 16.5/42

Varvatos USA, was cheap

eBay money

BB tie. I thought it was Black Fleece when I picked it up. Still not sure what line it is

Marc Jacobs, size 10. Looks like raw silk?

Our Legacy, size 10

Bally Rogers, size 12. A couple scratches and they hit the donation pile.

winny94

Reaction score
Thrift fit w/an overdue shout out & thank you from the skeet field this eve. Got a package in the mail, and had to go have fun

Browning Highlander - @SpooPoker
Cinch Green Label - Thrift
Orange Italian flannel - Thrift
Lucchese Classic Ostrich - Gift
Tony Lama Ostrich Belt - Spoo again
Caesar Guerini Summit Ltd - competition winnings funded.
Umm......WHAT?! That's a beaut!

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@impuntura What's the size on those gray leather Dior's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics