1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Nataku

Nataku Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas everyone!!

4 people like this.
  2. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas, doods and ladoods!

@Doomsticks, thatms a gorgeous knife and a family heirloom to boot. Can't beet that.

2 people like this.
  3. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas all!!

I joined this forum/thread just over a year ago and am still amazed at the generosity and kindness of you guys. I consider many of you friends. I went from having a mediocre wardrobe to a pretty great closet. Within six months of being here I quit my job and went to doing this full time. Mid January my ebay store will open and honestly I can't thank all of you enough. The amount of knowledge to be gained in here is astounding. I now get to do something I truly love and it wouldn't be possible without this forum.

Special shoutout to @Jompso for all the help as well as being the one thread member I've met so far on my thrifting journeys. Truly awesome dude who knows his stuff about as well as anyone.

Also @capnwes and @SpooPoker for setting the bar and showing the heights that can be reached :)

I could probably spend all day thanking certain members for help/trades/instagram viewing so I'll just say that you guys are all awesome too.

Anyway, carry on and just wanted to say thanks to all of you and enjoy your holidays!

TL:dr- this place is awesome.

Ps. @dappercanadian the package make it ok?

12 people like this.
  4. drlivingston

drlivingston Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas, everyone. I am chilled the fuck out right now. Sipping on a tall glass of eggnog, eating "[​IMG]'s" cookies, and listening to "Christmas in Dixie".

4 people like this.
  5. Takai

Takai Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas All; I feel as though I am having a depression era Christmas at the moment. Had to be at work an hour early today, worked all day, went to relieve mom of taking care of dad; Made everyone dinner, and now that everyone's in bed and taken care of Im enjoying some strong irish coffee while I try to get everything packed into boxes, wrapped, and under the tree. All while washing some clothes in the tub as to not make much racket.

Oddly enough keeping with the unintentional theme; every gift Im packing is either clothing, food, or ammunition? And Im doing it while wearing 20's/30's vintage and repro stuff.

I hate when I accidentally sync with my anachronism.

9 people like this.
  6. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays to all!

I want to hear about everyone's favorite non-SF Secret Santa gifts!

Mine would have to be all 3 volumes of Beat At Cinecittà (a collection of 60's & 70's Italian film music), and a bottle of The Glenlivet XXV.

We had to do the gathering and gift exchange tonight, due to schedules and travel plans etc. It was nuts - 16 people in the house ranging in age from 2 to 93, the eldest being a WW2 Navy vet who always has some interesting stories from being in the service and traveling the world. Ate a lot, drank a bit, and watched the kids go absolutely apenuts opening presents. Now to sleep.

6 people like this.
  7. Edmonton

Edmonton Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to you All!

Last minute stocking stuffers for wife & young daughter. No time to replace the batteries, so fingers crossed.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Pretty sure the Gucci is fake. Close font, logo in wrong place, no brand on strap. But that was for my preteen daughter who wouldn't be bothered. Swarovski might be authentic though.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  8. HansderHund

HansderHund Well-Known Member

Hahaha, well, doesn't that make for a nice audition for the entire rest of our lives? We started taking over the primary hosting duties and those with parents and in-laws can possibly attest that it's a big deal. Christmas is now cleaning the house, loading firewood, cooking, etc. Youth is wasted on the wrong people. :D

1 person likes this.
  9. HansderHund

HansderHund Well-Known Member

I received a nice surprise this year...

[​IMG]

Additionally, I received a very nice pen engraved with my name.

3 people like this.
  10. drlivingston

drlivingston Well-Known Member

I have worked my balls off to be able to give my daughter anything that she desires, only to realize that she wants very little. This child is perfectly content with little toys and games from a dollar store. On top of that, this 6 year old princess told me yesterday that she wants to donate half of her toys to charity. Damn if it didn't bring a tear to this cynical bastard's eye. I don't deserve this wonderful child.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    18 people like this.
  11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

the crazy part is that you do.

8 people like this.
  12. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Well-Known Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS and Good Morning!

5 people like this.
  13. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  14. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Well-Known Member

Good Morning and Merry Christmas to all!

2 people like this.
  15. richnet12

richnet12 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas! We volunteered to work at the soup kitchen but little old ladies have taken it over...lol...so going to see Star Wars instead. Hope to hear of Christmas grails given and received.

3 people like this.
  16. Woofa

Woofa Well-Known Member

Hope everyone is having a great holiday.

1 person likes this.
  17. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas, from Japan.
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  18. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Well-Known Member

@ReubenR
    Did a package make it your way?

1 person likes this.
  19. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas all

1 person likes this.
  20. vexco

vexco Well-Known Member

Available.

Made in USA PRL. 70% wool, 30% alpaca. Ticket pocket, dual vents. 40L.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.