• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chotii

Reaction score
Found a pair of Dr. Martens men's boots, brown, basically new, size 13 for hubby. $18! He's never tried brown. He's been more of a 'black goes with everything' kind of guy.

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
I can tell those are 85's by the cracking on the black part at the ankle. Had a pair about 10 years ago and they were the same. I paid 100 for them back then and that was a damn good deal. I believe they've skyrocketed a bit since then...

chasd2

Reaction score
So Funny...Slow all day. Everyone must be getting back from thrifting all day at 50 off Saturday!! I can see the onslaught of uploads!!

You guys are probably used to this and are saying ....No **** Dumbass!! Joined this forum awhile ago but just discovered how much fun it is!!!

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those '85 1's or a retro? They haven't retroed those in quite sometime they have retro'd these very recently and when they have they do some ugly color scheme, and garbage quality.
Fixed this for you

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick non-jompsoey story

So I got hospitalized last night. Extremely high blood pressure, irregular heart beat, arrhythmia etc... My father passed (when I was 15), as did his, of heart disease, so in my family, it's not **** around time if ****'s going on. There from like 10-345 or something, all tests done, I'm fine, good to go, shot me up with some meds and that's that. I get home and realize that I'm the dumbest ****** ever. I realized earlier that day @silverwarebandit posted a picture of a Loro Piana leather jacket. Probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Now, I was diagnosed by a "doctor" with a bunch of factors that aren't helping, i.e. sleep schedule that makes @SpooPoker look lazy, work like a motherfucker, poor diet etc.. so I was told to get regular and take better care and stuff.... When really I just need to not see Loro Piana Deer Leather Jackets that were made of the 7th ******* day of creation...no, he was not ******* resting.... So what do I do? I ******* got up at 9 after hospitalization and getting home at like 4ish this morning, and I hit some spots because that ******* Loro Piana Leather isn't going to find itself....I didn't find it....Here's what I did find though.

(note: none of that was bullshit, i mean obviously the onset by the LP but that other stuff was dead serious, just kinda making light of somethin kinda serious)

Kolte Couture, Michelson of London 100% Wool, Zegna, Tiffany & Co, Bedford Silk of England (love English silk, this may stay with me), Dunhill, Brooks Makers, NWT's Brooks, Nicky for Bergodorf, RLPL, Zegna, Sills by (I believe) Holiday and Brown, NWT's Brooks

Prada velvet heels with the sickest woven metal heels I've seen, had to cop (supersize for detail, they're sick)

Brioni x2

T&A Bespoke Shirt in a weird beige gray, and a Granfranco Gerre NWT's

RRL Pearl Snap Button Western x2, black military **** NWT's

Vtg Made in US Orvis Safari belted shacket

Dior Homme Wool Sweater, ribbed arms (Hedi Slimane's very last collection)

Jil Sander wimminz long cotton buttoned knit made in Italy

T by Alexander Wang wimminz cotton bomber

Brioni x2 and Incotex Inco Chino flat front navy cotton (New pants by Brioni, not as easy to spot now, sucks)

Brown ones 100% wool, navy flat front Super 150s

Not LP, nice though. Perforated leather Jacket by Zegna.

Something about nearly brand new Brooks blazers that are designed well that I just like...so I bought them.

Kinda broke my rule here....but *******. Smoked MOP, 2 button, fairly new condition...I ***** with it.

Can almost guess without goin further...

Lastly, kinda broke another rule. Almost never AC unless like new and Italy....well this one is like new and 7% cashmere suit, so *******.

No LP.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shoelover

Reaction score
Following

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are not

BUT THOSE ******* JORDANS ARE

holy **** man!!!!

man, you ruined it i was going to post a bunch of matrix meme's about reality lol
But yeah, and they fit me too.... Im fin to get them restored, i know a pro.

Are those '85 1's or a retro? They haven't retroed those in quite sometime and when they have they do some ugly color scheme.

Are those original '85s? Don't know much about Nike

I can tell those are 85's by the cracking on the black part at the ankle. Had a pair about 10 years ago and they were the same. I paid 100 for them back then and that was a damn good deal. I believe they've skyrocketed a bit since then...
Did someone say Jordan?
Had these years back, all deadstock.
The shoes below are the LP, Brioni, Zilli, 1000% Cashmere of the sneaker game.
It was awesome to have all of them at once, to stare at them knowing they haven't been touched in many many years, but, I felt selfish and had to move them to someone that could really appreciate them.
They all went to one collector in Chicago.

Enjoy.

2001 Royal Blue

And the mother of them all, from 1985, with original everything. Peep the unmolested hang tag.

Chotii

Reaction score
Quick non-jompsoey story

So I got hospitalized last night. Extremely high blood pressure, irregular heart beat, arrhythmia etc... My father passed (when I was 15), as did his, of heart disease, so in my family, it's not **** around time if ****'s going on. There from like 10-345 or something, all tests done, I'm fine, good to go, shot me up with some meds and that's that. I get home and realize that I'm the dumbest ****** ever. I realized earlier that day @silverwarebandit posted a picture of a Loro Piana leather jacket. Probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Now, I was diagnosed by a "doctor" with a bunch of factors that aren't helping, i.e. sleep schedule that makes @SpooPoker look lazy, work like a motherfucker, poor diet etc.. so I was told to get regular and take better care and stuff.... When really I just need to not see Loro Piana Deer Leather Jackets that were made of the 7th ******* day of creation...no, he was not ******* resting.... So what do I do? I ******* got up at 9 after hospitalization and getting home at like 4ish this morning, and I hit some spots because that ******* Loro Piana Leather isn't going to find itself....I didn't find it....Here's what I did find though.

Sorry to hear about your heart. Nasty bad cholesterol runs in my mom's side of the family, and at 45, my doctor started threatening me with meds if my cholesterol level didn't start improving. Also was pre-diabetic.

I began walking 4 miles/10K steps a day. I have a treadmill for when I can't get outside. My cholesterol is excellent now and I'm not pre-diabetic anymore. I also lost some weight. So there might be something relatively easy you can do. If you have long-QT syndrome, though, get a pacemaker. Get one now.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a pair of Dr. Martens men's boots, brown, basically new, size 13 for hubby. $18! He's never tried brown. He's been more of a 'black goes with everything' kind of guy.
Do you have a camera?

Quick non-jompsoey story

(note: none of that was bullshit, i mean obviously the onset by the LP but that other stuff was dead serious, just kinda making light of somethin kinda serious)

Kolte Couture, Michelson of London 100% Wool, Zegna, Tiffany & Co, Bedford Silk of England (love English silk, this may stay with me), Dunhill, Brooks Makers, NWT's Brooks, Nicky for Bergodorf, RLPL, Zegna, Sills by (I believe) Holiday and Brown, NWT's Brooks

Vtg Made in US Orvis Safari belted shacket

Dior Homme Wool Sweater, ribbed arms (Hedi Slimane's very last collection)

Something about nearly brand new Brooks blazers that are designed well that I just like...so I bought them.

Glad you are doing okay, dude. Like you said, that heart disease **** doesn't **** around, speaking as a descendant of a male line with bad tickers.

Love that Hedi Dior sweater. Love that Orvis safari. And I am sick for Brooks Brothers. It just fits me too well. And that one on the left is the new Italian line label, which fits me to a TEE in a 40R. I love the fabrics they use in this line, love the styling, love everything about it, and mostly it sells for super cheap on the bay. I haven't paid upwards of $40 for any of it, even some NWOT stuff.
Following
Stop following me.

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
One coffee stop pickup today. Size 13 Red Wings Chukkas. (Dunks also pictured were way overpriced)

EDIT: also thrifted myself an avatar finally

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads