1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

^There's been quite a few fit pix, man. If you still aren't convinced by now, I don't know when you'll ever be convinced. Ryan, what color did you get? Also:
    Today, I contribute: [​IMG] ToJ ? Cardi Jcrew Skull Jil
    Just under 5'10", coat is a stock XS

2. ryannn

ryannn Well-Known Member

All black, nothing special. I'll get fit pics up when I am not sweating in my house wearing basketball shorts.

3. halisray

halisray Well-Known Member

Just put my order through: black calf skin bomber with old back, size 47/48 ish (im 6 foot, 155lbs).. just hoping the size fits well. Was told to trust these guys and I am sure all will be fine, but ive just always been anxious about buying things without trying them on first! oh well! now to wait a month lol

service was incredible, charly is the man.

4. Contingency Plan

Contingency Plan Well-Known Member

5. PoloSportsman

PoloSportsman Active Member

6. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

7. Magic1

Magic1 Well-Known Member

^ I am not drew, but yes.

8. Vaitek

Vaitek Well-Known Member

Ok, I ordered a bomber at the end of October and I'm giddy. They said three weeks should should be soon. Argh...

Charly was awesome helping with sizing.

The "unofficial" site is exactly that. Unofficial. So you have to talk to them directly for current styles and pricing.

They are very easy to work with. I asked questions that I'm sure they heard 100's of times before me, but didn't phase them.

9. hurhur

hurhur Well-Known Member

I'll post my grey lamskin bomber when I have the time. It's turning out pretty nice after many wears.

10. theEnd

theEnd Member

Just got my murdered Winter Varsity. Shipped from Korea to NY in four days! The jacket is very nice, fit is great with just a t-shirt on, and when I first touched the leather I was instantly overwhelmed by dirty thoughts!

I didn't expect it to be so thick. Its really warm and quite stiff too. The quality of finish is excellent, especially considering the price. This could easily be a $700 jacket (but dont raise the prices yet)! One minor niggle is that there's a tiny bump where the centre seam of the raglan shoulder meets the neck ribbing.

Yes, the pockets are very high. Certainly not for putting your hands into (unless you have very short arms). But they look amazing. I think it was the beauty of the pocket lining that tipped me over the edge and made me order this jacket.

I hope its cold out tomorrow!

Quick question: is the basic shape of the WV the same as for the bomber? I'm asking because if it is I can order a bomber with some small adjustments to make it just perfect. I need one more inch of room on the body and sleeves half an inch shorter.

11. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Quick question: is the basic shape of the WV the same as for the bomber? I'm asking because if it is I can order a bomber with some small adjustments to make it just perfect. I need one more inch of room on the body and sleeves half an inch shorter.

bombers are fully mtm, so when you're ready to order, just shoot me an email and I'll assist you to the best of my abilities.

12. blazingazn

blazingazn Well-Known Member

Charly I emailed you.

You guys are great help.

13. Edicron

Edicron Well-Known Member

Black lamb bomber came in earlier this week, pretty much spot on. Was surprised to find the ribbing around the waist so tight but other that it's pretty damn sweet. Just debating whether to hot shower with the jacket or not...

Will try post a fit soon.

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

any body get the light grey body, white sleeves, medium dark grey trim with white stripes varsity yet?? i have the Jason bourne colour way in the TOJ AE. wondering if the trim is the same or is the winter varsity going to be ribbed and thicker??
    could i spend an extra couple dollars to get a longer collar?? that would be great if so, really would help to keep wind out and be more functional.
    thanks guys

15. halisray

halisray Well-Known Member

Black lamb bomber came in earlier this week, pretty much spot on. Was surprised to find the ribbing around the waist so tight but other that it's pretty damn sweet. Just debating whether to hot shower with the jacket or not...

Will try post a fit soon.

Why would you take a shower with your jacket on?

16. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

trying to go for a washed look, probably

17. robertorex

robertorex Well-Known Member

hahaha, kind of like the dus here that jump into a bathtub with stf jeans on

18. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

Black lamb bomber came in earlier this week, pretty much spot on. Was surprised to find the ribbing around the waist so tight but other that it's pretty damn sweet. Just debating whether to hot shower with the jacket or not... Will try post a fit soon.
    My ribbing/waist area "chilled out" and got a little less huggy after about five days of almost constant wear. but mine is calf. mmmm calllfffff It's starting to, to steal a jeans term, stack on the inside of my elbows, and it's beautiful. edit: i mean honeycomb, not stack.

19. Edicron

Edicron Well-Known Member

Drew mentioned it as an option to break in / toughen up the lambskin.

20. airblaster503

airblaster503 Well-Known Member

Drew mentioned it as an option to break in / toughen up the lambskin.

He said wearing it out in the rain would do that. This shit isn't raw denim, there is no special way to break in leather. Just wear it and it will break in over time, don't take extra steps like standing in the shower with it, that is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.