1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

aj, is it the color of the suede or the color of the lining? It could be the silk lining, especially considering that's what's making contact with your shirt; we don't use silk linings that often, usually cupro, so we don't have tons of live testing with the silk. I think a pre-emptive sticky roll of the lining before putting it on may alleviate the problem.

2. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

^^ Quite sure it is the suede rather than the silk. Could you tell me what you mean by a pre-emptive sticky roll of the lining ?

BTW, I love the jacket and the design. Thinking of getting another one made in green suede.

3. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

^^ Quite sure it is the suede rather than the silk. Could you tell me what you mean by a pre-emptive sticky roll of the lining ?
    Means, use a lint roller on it to catch the lint before putting the jacket on.

4. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

^^ On the suede or the silk ? I think he was talking of the silk since he assumed it was silk which was causing it ...

5. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

if there is a lining and the lining is the only thing coming in contact with the shirt, how in the world could it be the suede? condoms work for the same reason that it cant be the suede.

6. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

The suede folds back on the inside for around 3 inches. I think it is the same way in all my jackets and SCs ....

7. Nereis

Nereis Well-Known Member

if there is a lining and the lining is the only thing coming in contact with the shirt, how in the world could it be the suede? condoms work for the same reason that it cant be the suede.

If I'm not wrong, the lining is cotton or some other porous material that small particles of suede might conceivably get through, not latex. [​IMG]

8. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

If I'm not wrong, the lining is cotton or some other porous material that small particles of suede might conceivably get through, not latex. [​IMG]

its silk, which is about as impenetrable as it gets

9. bakatora

bakatora Well-Known Member

ralph lauren black label silk condoms?

10. Riio

Riio Well-Known Member

got my size 47 TOJ varsity, fit is spot on and it looks great [​IMG]

11. pfurey

pfurey Well-Known Member

I'm pretty stoked for the rerelease of the shirts.

12. scugger

scugger Well-Known Member

got my size 47 TOJ varsity, fit is spot on and it looks great [​IMG]

Yeah the varsity is pretty boss. Way better than the shitz we had in high school.

13. erdawe

erdawe Well-Known Member

The suede folds back on the inside for around 3 inches. I think it is the same way in all my jackets and SCs ....

14. ryannn

ryannn Well-Known Member

Got my TOJ0 AE today, I'm incredibly happy with it. KAG x TOJ: [​IMG]

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

hey I've got one of those too [​IMG]

16. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

do kags come with toj varsities

17. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

do toj varsities come with kags?

18. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

This thread will now be sidetracked for the next 3-5 pages lol
    to those whom it pertains to: how does your girlfriend feel about you being into style and steez? (or in RFXs case, having more shoes than them?)

19. Mirrorball

Mirrorball Well-Known Member

Got my peacoat & TOJ0 AE in the post. Peacoat is perfect, love it.

TOJ0 - even though i got 1 inch added to the standard length both front and back it still looks way too short in the back. Feels awkward and tight in the back, especially zipped up. I got a size 48. If i'd gone with the standard back length it would have been ridiculous. Unfortunately the 1" extra is not enough i fear...

I'm not sure if i should keep it and wear it unzipped which looks better (mostly would wear it this way anyway) or sell it. Really dont want to sell it though unless i could get another size 48 with longer back length in the b&s and thats unlikely. Quality is outstanding, its just the length thing bugging me. i could easily have gotten another 2-3 inches in the back length. Don't think my proportions are that out of whack so it will be interesting to see if others have the same issue.

20. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

Got my peacoat & TOJ0 AE in the post. Peacoat is perfect, love it.

TOJ0 - even though i got 1 inch added to the standard length both front and back it still looks way too short in the back. Feels awkward and tight in the back, especially zipped up. I got a size 48. If i'd gone with the standard back length it would have been ridiculous. Unfortunately the 1" extra is not enough i fear...

I'm not sure if i should keep it and wear it unzipped which looks better (mostly would wear it this way anyway) or sell it. Really dont want to sell it though unless i could get another size 48 with longer back length in the b&s and thats unlikely. Quality is outstanding, its just the length thing bugging me. i could easily have gotten another 2-3 inches in the back length. Don't think my proportions are that out of whack so it will be interesting to see if others have the same issue.

you got zips? not buttons, also its meant to be smaller, kind of reminds me of my buzz rickson sweatshirt. check the pics out at toj, most of them are shorter than the tshirt the ppl are wearing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.