1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakatora

bakatora Well-Known Member

haha, just messin' brotha. do what you gotta do

2. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

The Order of Jawnz is a hard club

Can't wait for my TOJ 0 it's going to be awesome

3. bakatora

bakatora Well-Known Member

^ yes. can't wait for the toj0.

4. Gagno905

Gagno905 Well-Known Member

5. agordon

agordon Well-Known Member

Just picked up my washed grey moto (the last one from the sample sale!) tried it on and it's too big for someone as scrawny as me [​IMG]

hadn't realised just how tiny my shoulders are, incredible jacket though!

would probably fit a true 49-51 best

if anyone wants to buy it shoot me an e-mail aligordonx@googlemail.com

[​IMG]

6. scugger

scugger Well-Known Member

Just came back from the post office with my black MA-1.

It's definitely a dope jacket. It's nice and crunchy. The lining is fantastic. The zippers are heavy and thick. Awesome interior pockets. Nice and tight in the sleeves. My only gripe is that for a jacket where everything feels so thick and solid the collar seems a little flimsy. I would prefer a stiffer collar that sticks up more straight at the back of the neck rather than fold/flop backwards. Maybe it was just the angle of some of the pics that others posted, but I expected the collar to be stiffer/thicker than it currently is. It could be that I just need to wear the jacket a little and get out some of the collar creases from shipping.

Overall, though, I am pleased. Very bad-ass. It may be too warm for the Cali summer, though. Will have to test it out at night.

Thanks TOJ!

Edit: Also, I did the water splashing test to test out the Gore-Tex. Shit beads right up!

7. oldartificer

oldartificer New Member

Any chance TOJ will release outerwear more suitable for summer?
    I think leather is just too hot for where I live.
    I'd be interested in anything made of cotton/linen or summer-weight wool. Or even the discontinued Goretex harington.

8. swooc

swooc Well-Known Member

Is there a reason why? Also, I saw the pics of yours on TOJ which inspired me to get the dark red.
    black is definately more versatile. it's not hard to match burgundy, but with black you can wear it with anything and it will look good. the red (and it probably applies to most colours as well) feels a little too dressy/fashion sometimes. black is low key and doesn't have a give a fuck attitude.

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Especially if you throw in other colors, that red is going to be more of a pain (on the other hand, you could just get multiple jackets [​IMG])

10. phong

phong Well-Known Member

Is the lambskin backpack run gonna happen?

11. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

Is the lambskin backpack run gonna happen?

People are not responding to my pms [​IMG] I emailed everyone so we could get it started since we have enough people, but I can't organize something without any response from the other participants @_@;

12. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

If we get about 5 or 6 preorders.

13. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

someone should just buy 5, put them in a little kid swimming pool then swim in it like scrooge mcduck

14. phong

phong Well-Known Member

People are not responding to my pms [​IMG] I emailed everyone so we could get it started since we have enough people, but I can't organize something without any response from the other participants @_@;

How many people have you got so far?

15. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

someone should just buy 5, keep one, then put the remaining 4 up in B&S / supermarket, and inevitably find people who'll buy them despite the waffling beforehand
    I'd say FTFY except knowing the fora lately, if you did that you'd just get lowballed until the end of time.

16. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

How many people have you got so far?

You were interested too, right? One person dropped out so we have exactly five now.

17. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Yo the low balling is crazy

18. phong

phong Well-Known Member

You were interested too, right? One person dropped out so we have exactly five now.

I didn't respond initially if that's what you're referring to.

Still deciding - pretty likely I'll get one though. Was just wondering if it had already happened or whatever.

19. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Yo the low balling is crazy
    I'm not about to claim I don't shoot people offers on here, sometimes a fair bit below the asking price, but I try to make sure I'm being reasonable and make it clear that I don't mean to offend the seller if we're in a different place as to what an item is worth. I have had others do likewise to me, and though I don't usually budge very far myself, a realistic offer made politely doesn't hurt anyone, even if it isn't accepted. But some people are just disrespectful and there has been more of it lately I think.

20. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Yeah there has been some crazy lurker low balling.

In Australian culture haggling isn't really big - you just give people 'a fair go' on prices.

I think that doesnt translate well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.