1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

yes. Have some ideas on stuff like that where I want to keep them secret for now, but that is far off in the future too.

2. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

any chance you guys will make not backpack leather bags soon.

really want some kind of drapy briefcase-ish messenger bagish murseish thingy in soft calf or lambskin

3. baconzilla

baconzilla Well-Known Member

any updates on the 4th run of peacoats yet?

4. impolyt_one

yeah we are working on new bags currently. I don't know if I want to flood the market with bags but the first bag will be a classic duffle (like genericman asked about a few pages back) in a really nice calf leather. Maybe make 10 of them or something on a pre-order basis.

Fok wants to do a bag of his design too, and I've been busy, but am coming back around to it now. Trying to make that happen.

I have about 2 or 3 other bags I would to make. I don't see a drapey avant garde bag happening though.

5. impolyt_one

any updates on the 4th run of peacoats yet?

yes, those and the last 2 pieces (they were unique colors so I guess he saved them til last) of the 3rd round are being completed now as we speak. Yours is here with me for shipping tomorrow actually.

6. c00kz

c00kz Well-Known Member

Unique colors eh?

7. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

fuu. toj. please take my tax return money. would really like a bag. doesn't have to be avant garde drapy.

8. baconzilla

baconzilla Well-Known Member

yes, those and the last 2 pieces (they were unique colors so I guess he saved them til last) of the 3rd round are being completed now as we speak. Yours is here with me for shipping tomorrow actually.

Fuck I am excited! I finally have something to wear in the freezing mornings. Will post pics when it arrives.

9. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Well-Known Member

I would try to PM you but I assume its full so, how is my refund coming?

10. impolyt_one

I refunded you about a week ago, is it your mom's Paypal account?

11. impolyt_one

Might want to go ask your mom about it: [​IMG]

12. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Well-Known Member

She doesn't check her paypal, I was expecting a confirmation via email that it was done.

13. skyline

skyline Well-Known Member

any MA-1 updates?

14. impolyt_one

^ those are finally moving and should be done soon. The guy makes varsity jackets normally (not for us, but as his real job) and was under this huge load to finish school-ordered lots of like 60 pieces per club or something, times a ton of groups. School is about to go on break so he is done with those and making our clothes finally. [​IMG] the remaining peas and duffles will start shipping this week, and our order log is essentially clear again. Thank fuck. The beginning of this year has been bad. I have learned by now not to expect anything around holiday times, and to expect that shit will hit the fan right when you don't want it to - ie guy gets in car crash and can't make your clothes, guy gets some serious illness and is in the hospital for two weeks and can't make your clothes, etc. Requires planning but also a ton of patience. I hope what we make can make up for the wait. My ideas are good and all but that doesn't mean anything if they're not in your hands, and I realize that, and am thankful for the patience and faith people give me and the TOJ crew. Related to time, I think I am gonna make TOJ a seasonless clothing concept, because we have a lot of friends in Australia and NZ now - I think I want to keep making some winter clothes this summer, and I will continue the leathers. By the end of June, other brands will start putting up FW so I might finally catch up too. [​IMG] I will have some shorts and stuff soon as well. I'm trying to find a way to make those affordable but of the handmade quality I expect. I want to make some swim trunks as well, in a modern non-douchey style. Trench is at my house right now, but I'm gonna prototype it one more time and perfect this thing beyond perfection. Haven't come all this way to not go 110%.

15. bakatora

bakatora Well-Known Member

^ TOJ Factory attached to TOJ apartments and TOJ nutrition plan and TOJ "living" schedule to keep everything nice and dandy? Or is that the wrong side of Korea..? [​IMG]

16. impolyt_one

man, the way I pay those people, I am surprised they are not eating at Pierre Gagnaire's and riding in a chaffeured car. (0) If they weren't so lazy and made more than just 1-2 pieces a day, which I think they could do, they could be making $500 a day off me. (0)

17. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Trench in a week?

18. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Well-Known Member

Man, if I didn't have to wait for my moto to be finished before the pea can be shipped out with it, I'd be pissed that your pea guy isn't doing first in first out with the special colours! I guess that's just the price of special requests. Time to start saving up for a trench! [​IMG]

19. impolyt_one

Your Moto didn't arrive? I shipped it out separately last week so you should get that soon.

20. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Well-Known Member

Are you responding to me? I only ordered it last week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.